What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for those running sealed flower rooms.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the paper shown above is basically correct for the fastest metabolic rate in cannabis.

he shows 1500 umols of light at 86F with a lights on rh of about 60% and lights off rh of about 50% and co2 @750 ppm as an ideal goal for a commercial sealed room.

the only flaw i find in that paper is that he only tested co2 up to 750 ppm.

i'm personally running 84-88f lights on and 78f lights off. about 1200 umols of light flow using daylight leds. co2 set point at 750 ppm but with a 50 ppm dead band the room will go up to about 900 ppm and slowly go down from there. rh 60% lights on and 48-50% lights off.

i'm getting dense flowers and tight nodes.

i realize the vpd tables say that you should run a higher rh at these temps but you will certainly get bud rot if you do.

my cannabinoid and terpinoid profiles come back from the lab showing no degradation of either using these parameters.

i might add that this is in a 10k sq ft room being run for commercial purposes. weight and flower quality matters and is closely monitored.

we are getting outstanding yields.

editing to add that i'm using a 900 ppm at the .5 conversion nutrient input into a ppk system.

While the plants are flowering, is there such a thing as too much co2? I’ve been running my 12x12 rooms at 1200-1500 ppm. Am I wasting co2 or even possibly damaging the plants?

RockinRobot

While the plants are flowering, is there such a thing as too much co2? I’ve been running my 12x12 rooms at 1200-1500 ppm. Am I wasting co2 or even possibly damaging the plants?

Too Much CO2 can and will adversely affect your plants. Above 1500ppm becomes toxic even to plants. IMO anything above 1200 is a waste. If you have a room full of Gavitas 1000w lights you may get away with 1500 ppm if your temps and feed are spot on as well, but CO2 can cause deficiency issues quite easily. Best to start low.

TahoeTops

When I had my sealed room set up, I was running 1420 ppm @ 82 daytime temps. I kept my humidity between 40 and 60%.

I never considered running lower temps except for late in flower, at night. I would cold snap the room to bring out vibrant colors, especially purples.

If you are running CO2 then run it at least 1000ppm but no more than 1500ppm. But get your temps up into the low 80's.

Instead of an 9 weeks harvest, I was usually done in around 8 weeks. Also the quantity was noticeably higher.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
the paper shown above is basically correct for the fastest metabolic rate in cannabis.

he shows 1500 umols of light at 86F with a lights on rh of about 60% and lights off rh of about 50% and co2 @750 ppm as an ideal goal for a commercial sealed room.

the only flaw i find in that paper is that he only tested co2 up to 750 ppm.

i'm personally running 84-88f lights on and 78f lights off. about 1200 umols of light flow using daylight leds. co2 set point at 750 ppm but with a 50 ppm dead band the room will go up to about 900 ppm and slowly go down from there. rh 60% lights on and 48-50% lights off.

i'm getting dense flowers and tight nodes.

i realize the vpd tables say that you should run a higher rh at these temps but you will certainly get bud rot if you do.

my cannabinoid and terpinoid profiles come back from the lab showing no degradation of either using these parameters.

i might add that this is in a 10k sq ft room being run for commercial purposes. weight and flower quality matters and is closely monitored.

we are getting outstanding yields.

editing to add that i'm using a 900 ppm at the .5 conversion nutrient input into a ppk system.
you own all that space and your running really high temps with rh way too low. and budrot certainly doesn't happen with higher rh. my room is always in the 70s.. never see bud rot at all. id love to proven wrong though, have you got any pics?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
you own all that space and your running really high temps with rh way too low. and budrot certainly doesn't happen with higher rh. my room is always in the 70s.. never see bud rot at all. id love to proven wrong though, have you got any pics?

yes, i do! these are cbd hemp plants in the facility i described above.

Attachments

• photo2084915.jpg
    photo2084915.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2084917.jpg
    photo2084917.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 50

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
in case anyone is wondering i know i'm over a year late. i haven't been around here much and just saw this and couldn't resist!

it's awfully quiet around here! where the fuck is everybody?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Awestruck by the last post.
So much defoliation. How are they even alive :)

It's all about the pictures. From formatting to storage, it's broken as the promises we will be moving to better software.

Grapefruitroop

What up yall!
Im running crazy high RH in my flower room ...about 85-90% !!! Did it successfully for two runs with abosolutely ZERO mold on the first run and a couple buds with a tiny bit of aspergillum on the second...It was really few buds from the main cola and i scraped it off with the scissors cause they were really small spots
The last one yielded 1.56 Grams x Watt
I run LED and Co2 and the temps are always on the early 70s.....i noticed that the plants are transpirating a lot despite the high RH, the leaves are very perky and prayng to the light and the methabolism and the rithm of growth hasnt slowd down a bit even if i was watering every 3 day......
Saved a lot of power on dehums...running only AC
Mold problems are definitely related to water condensation in vented rooms IME....
DSCN1347.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1347.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	17986576

dramamine

What up yall!
Im running crazy high RH in my flower room ...about 85-90% !!! Did it successfully for two runs with abosolutely ZERO mold on the first run and a couple buds with a tiny bit of aspergillum on the second...It was really few buds from the main cola and i scraped it off with the scissors cause they were really small spots
The last one yielded 1.56 Grams x Watt
I run LED and Co2 and the temps are always on the early 70s.....i noticed that the plants are transpirating a lot despite the high RH, the leaves are very perky and prayng to the light and the methabolism and the rithm of growth hasnt slowd down a bit even if i was watering every 3 day......
Saved a lot of power on dehums...running only AC
Mold problems are definitely related to water condensation in vented rooms IME....

Are you running coco? Looks good.

Grapefruitroop

Thanks!
Its a mix i made : 30%peat 30%coco 30% Perlite 10% EWC recycled like 9 times now....used Megacrop previously then Masterblend

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
29 is optimal, but it's strain dependent. No more than a couple either way is typical. Move 3 from optimal and you are about 10% away from maximum. A curve that then starts to drop off quickly. I posted it once but... albums.
I find nothing really happens below 25. I'm doing a low temp grow right now, rather than my usual knee jerk reaction to nothing happening below 25. I have managed to keep them nice, with no Ca issues. However, with my inlet 20-22 and canopy 24-26 I'm capping their requirements anyway.

Of the big three, one site leans towards low 70s as general guidance. Going slow will generally produce happier looking plants, but only for photo's. Not results. I'm just proving it to myself again, as I tend to mark my own work when the weight of peer pressure and other changes make revisiting prior findings a good idea. I guess that is where people may get the idea that low 70s work. Personally, I take anything that's not in metric as outdated. It's probably from the days of greenhouse growing, where you had to apply heat economically.

The real problem with high temps is the high RH to get a good vpd. If you want to run low RH late in bloom, you will struggle unless the temperature is reduced to match it. Just adjusting feeds might not be enough