What's new

Question for the California People

Snow Crash

Veteran
Everyone is so concentrated on the medical scene in California, while overlooking the very real possibility of legalized marijuana for adults in 2012, and certainly by 2014. Personally, I'm trying to come up with contacts, concepts, and frameworks to make money off of legalized pot in the near future. I think when it is legalized, the laws will be very cloudy, similar to the initial medical marijuana laws. Lots of the legislature will be left up to local city and county government agencies. For places like Santa Cruz, where I'm at, I think it could be a very lucrative market for those who know what they are doing...

And to whoever said Portland is very similar to Santa Cruz, you're nuts. Enjoy the crappy weather 9 months a year, I'd rather have my sunshine.

HAHAHAH!

Have fun in the fog. I remember those wonderful June mornings in Aptos. The fog burning off around 3pm, just long enough for the next fog bank to roll in by 6pm. And that wonderfully "clean" water of Cal's beach, you know, right next to the sewage treatment plant.

I enjoy the year round snowboarding, golfing, and Salmon fishing very much. Actually, Portland weather (even in this off year) has been very comparable to the eastern side Santa Cruz, like Capitola, Soquel, Aptos, etc. Don't try to pretend like 80% of the days there aren't overcast. Also, up here at the higher latitude I get more hours of sunshine in the summer time. Seem like the sun sets at like 9:45pm right now.

It's okay though, you can stay down in SC. We prefer to keep the haters out of Portland. There's a reason why I left that bass ackwards city anyway, you can keep it.

Also, until the Federal Government reclassifies Cannabis as a Schedule 3 controlled substance it doesn't matter what kind of legalization CA passes. Even if the People vote for legalization, the State Gov't (J. Brown) will shut it down after being threatened by the US Attorneys office. If you really want to effect change for the people of this nation then you need to work on the Federal level. Until it is Scheduled accurately and appropriately any and all work towards outright legalization on the state level will never be maintained until the Fed recognizes the substance as a medicinal compound rather than an illicit drug.

Put your energy where it matters. The DEA is in a case right now against the city of S.F. who claim it has taken an unreasonable amount of time to respond to a request for reclassification. It's been 9 years since the US Health Department had their Medicinal Use of Cannabinoids patented, yet the DEA will not agree that Cannabis has any medicinal uses. We, the people, are taking the DEA to court over this shit and I doubt many people even know that. Pull your head from where ever it is situated and do something that makes a difference. Write your senator.

N

NextUp

Here is my take on the whole im going to Cali thread drama

You people in Cali have smoked way too much weed! Your brains are egg's, and your energy level is not-a, zelch........... Every time some guy mentions living in Cali a bunch of hater azz's come out talking bad about the state of Cali...........Reason, your brain is fried like a egg, you walk under rocks, and your lazy..........

Original poster, if you want to go to Cali, Go get yourself a 1500 a month apartment, they are begging people to move into these....
grow enough herb to sell @ 3000k a month profit.........and enjoy the state. Don't let these lazy, ha8trs have you believing you cant go grow enough herb to pay living expenses, food, and 200 bucks pocket cash a week easy! Its all about having brains left to do it.

The problem is upfront money.....figure 20k min' to arrive with, and the equip' to grow. with 20k you can live 5 months getting the thing rolling, meeting people, ect.........it's not hard, unless you walk under a rock and crawl like a animal.........then everything is tuff...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone is so concentrated on the medical scene in California, while overlooking the very real possibility of legalized marijuana for adults in 2012, and certainly by 2014. Personally, I'm trying to come up with contacts, concepts, and frameworks to make money off of legalized pot in the near future. I think when it is legalized, the laws will be very cloudy, similar to the initial medical marijuana laws. Lots of the legislature will be left up to local city and county government agencies. For places like Santa Cruz, where I'm at, I think it could be a very lucrative market for those who know what they are doing...

And to whoever said Portland is very similar to Santa Cruz, you're nuts. Enjoy the crappy weather 9 months a year, I'd rather have my sunshine.

Dude (or sir...whatever you prefer) I have lived in Santa Cruz since 1984 trust me it's NOT getting any easier to make money off of pot, give me 1994 prices ANY day..in fact 90% of my dank never even stays in the state any longer...lucrative markets lol, those are only being enjoyed by the thieving, money grubbing dispo's bums....just my two cents from someone who has been in and around the scene for over 20 years.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAHAHAH!

Have fun in the fog. I remember those wonderful June mornings in Aptos. The fog burning off around 3pm, just long enough for the next fog bank to roll in by 6pm. And that wonderfully "clean" water of Cal's beach, you know, right next to the sewage treatment plant.

I enjoy the year round snowboarding, golfing, and Salmon fishing very much. Actually, Portland weather (even in this off year) has been very comparable to the eastern side Santa Cruz, like Capitola, Soquel, Aptos, etc. Don't try to pretend like 80% of the days there aren't overcast. Also, up here at the higher latitude I get more hours of sunshine in the summer time. Seem like the sun sets at like 9:45pm right now.

It's okay though, you can stay down in SC. We prefer to keep the haters out of Portland. There's a reason why I left that bass ackwards city anyway, you can keep it.

Also, until the Federal Government reclassifies Cannabis as a Schedule 3 controlled substance it doesn't matter what kind of legalization CA passes. Even if the People vote for legalization, the State Gov't (J. Brown) will shut it down after being threatened by the US Attorneys office. If you really want to effect change for the people of this nation then you need to work on the Federal level. Until it is Scheduled accurately and appropriately any and all work towards outright legalization on the state level will never be maintained until the Fed recognizes the substance as a medicinal compound rather than an illicit drug.

Put your energy where it matters. The DEA is in a case right now against the city of S.F. who claim it has taken an unreasonable amount of time to respond to a request for reclassification. It's been 9 years since the US Health Department had their Medicinal Use of Cannabinoids patented, yet the DEA will not agree that Cannabis has any medicinal uses. We, the people, are taking the DEA to court over this shit and I doubt many people even know that. Pull your head from where ever it is situated and do something that makes a difference. Write your senator.

Uhh it's Cowl's beach and it's next to a sewage pipe that dumps into the sea lol, and we like our fog, try living in Fresno with no air conditioning when it is 2 am and it's like 90 degree's still.....yeah I admit Cali has some "issue's" but I wouldn't live anywhere else..ok eveyone c;mon down , grow some herb and live the good life...if you can!:dance013:

stiflersmom

1) For both of you ex-Santa Cruzian's... it's Cowell's Beach. Say it with me COWELL's.

2) I said nothing about making money off today's medical marijuana scene in California. Obviously the market is flooded and prices are down, it is what comes with a growing market.

3) I think the legalization movement is real, and is happening, and will strongly resemble the medical marijuana movement in California.

4) I appreciate all your strong words telling me how I can further the legalization movement on a national level rather than my California microclimate... it is all stuff I never have heard before. Writing your Senator, yes indeed.

5) I'm still laughing about comparing the weather in Santa Cruz to Portland. I love the city, it has a great vibe, an awesome nightlife, and I enjoy visiting family and friends there. Personally, I prefer living amongst hippies, not hipsters. I find the sunlight in any situation I'm in but living in rainy, overcast weather for 9 months just isn't for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts