What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about Truck, for Car Experts and Potheads in General

St. Phatty

Yesterday I was warming up my truck, which means it sits alone for 10 minutes with the engine idling.

Now, I put Antifreeze in the radiator for a reason.

To keep the engine block from cracking and making a mess like this on the driveway -

IMG_20201005_061026b.jpg

Oil dipstick - no oil.

BUT the radiator is still full of fluid, including anti-freeze. It's been getting down to about 22 F at nights and early mornings.

All the water dishes etc are frozen solid, with thick ice.

I was thinking, oh well, this is it, but it can probably make it 3 miles to Walmart.

So I went to Walmart and bought 3 quarts of oil, thinking there was no reason to buy 5 because it would leak out and or I would buy a new vehicle.

Then I put in the 3 quarts, and it didn't leak out.

I drove the front wheels of my truck up on the sidewalk at Walmart, and crawled underneath it, looking for some of the new 3 quarts to leak out.

No leaking.

This morning, the dipstick still reads the same, up to "Min" like it normally does on a partial oil fill.

So to me that makes no sense.

Also the inside of the engine compartment, was splattered with oil.

It's like the fucking thing BURPED !

How does this happen ?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m no expert but is the coolant the correct coolant for the truck?
I use G13 for our cars as recommended by the manufacturer,,

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Oil floats on water. The block cracked, all the water went inside the motor, and the oil floated out?

You did also ask "Potheads in General". LOL. But I think I may just be Captain Pothead, so WDIK?

St. Phatty

The coolant is just water and antifreeze.

Though I also keep Urine in 32 gallon garbage cans as a Nitrogen source for the pot plants, and it does not freeze, even when it's 22 F.

I might try using that as a radiator coolant.

It would be cheaper than buying antifreeze - and it definitely doesn't freeze.

About the same color too.

Thanks for all the replies !

I checked the oil twice today, it's not leaking out.

Latest posts

Latest posts