What's new

question about micro scrubbers

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Haha cool bro. Also one thing I should point out, I am blind as a blunt-smokin' badger so results may vary :) I probably should have said "budding up" instead of seeing pistils, but you'll get there anyway.

I have an EC meter and I was stuck without batteries for a while recently and it was like losing a part of me. Once I got an ec meter my grows went straight to the next level up. You can do a grow without one, but yeah, I love mine. I've never done DWC but I would definitely want one for that. I got by because I handwater and don't have a recirculating res. I know basically how much I need to mix up to achieve a certain strength, I water it on and it's done. But because you have the plant in the nutes, it's going to be changing the ec of your nutes constantly, and being nerdy, I would want a tight grip on what the EC was doing.

Not sure about why the need for different PHs, but that is right. Peace.

mindvoice

SOME UPDATED PICTURES:

both plants

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skunk red hair

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mystery seed

electro93

Hey Mindvoice,

I am doing a pc grow case DWC. What kinda temps do you have in your case? What kinda temps are you running in the water? Are you checking the PPM? or just following the 33% rule.. http://www.420magazine.com/forums/hydroponic-gardening/117234-idiots-guide-dwc.html

Like the setup man! I have something going on now thats just struggling from PH issues. I started out using FF soil instead of hydro. I have the hydro nutes coming this weekend and hope to have her straightened out. Right now I have her on water and the PH keeps lowering everyday during flower from 6 -> 4.5 Dont know whats causing that kind of issue, but i'm thinking once i get the nutes she'll stable. I'm also reading that purified tap water is the way to go cause you can just add the nutes and it will drop to 6. Looking to try that method but I plan on following you and adding to the info from what I get.

Keep rawking the DWC bro!

Strangely

Coming along nicely Mindvoice!

Once you harvest just leave a gram or two worth of buds and any leaves, and flip back to veg hours.
You do need to leave some bud on then, I'd heard that before but wasn't 100%. Why is that then dya reckon?

I'm guessing around MAY 11th it should be close to harvesting
Ooh ooh that's nearly my birthday! :dance013:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
You do need to leave some bud on then, I'd heard that before but wasn't 100%. Why is that then dya reckon?

Hi S, often that's all that's really left. The lower big fans tend to die/yellow off in prep for the first harvest.

Strangely

Hi S, often that's all that's really left. The lower big fans tend to die/yellow off in prep for the first harvest.

yeah I see what you mean, a lot of the grows on here are like that at the end aren't they. They look at their best like that I think, just before harvest. I wouldn't have thought the bud could photosynthesise (make your own spelling alterations) interesting stuff, nice one.

mindvoice

well, my plan was on May 11th to refill the gallon resevoir with water but without nutrients, do that for two weeks, then cut for harvesting. I was reading that one should flush the plant before harvesting for the sake of taste.

mindvoice

Hey Mindvoice,

I am doing a pc grow case DWC. What kinda temps do you have in your case? What kinda temps are you running in the water? Are you checking the PPM? or just following the 33% rule.. http://www.420magazine.com/forums/hydroponic-gardening/117234-idiots-guide-dwc.html

Like the setup man! I have something going on now thats just struggling from PH issues. I started out using FF soil instead of hydro. I have the hydro nutes coming this weekend and hope to have her straightened out. Right now I have her on water and the PH keeps lowering everyday during flower from 6 -> 4.5 Dont know whats causing that kind of issue, but i'm thinking once i get the nutes she'll stable. I'm also reading that purified tap water is the way to go cause you can just add the nutes and it will drop to 6. Looking to try that method but I plan on following you and adding to the info from what I get.

Keep rawking the DWC bro!

The case came with a temperature reader, but that broke within the first two months of using it. My temps should be between 73 - 80. When the lights come on the temps get higher but I usually open my closet to give it more ventilation. I figured it's a weed so even if it's slightly too hot it'll still survive I'm sure, also from what I've seen weeds can grow in hot climates. I figured the flouros don't give off as much heat as the real lamps I'm suppossed to be using. Someone reccommended that I take out the two fans blowing air into the case, but I never got around to it. I'll probably do that for the next grow.

The only thing I'm doing to the water is adding 1/2 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 a teaspoon of flora micro, and two 1/2s of flora bloom.

during vegging period I did the same to water except I used a 1/4 teaspoon.

other than that I just check pH of water and keep it between 5.6 and 6.4

I do have a few defeciences. Leaves yellowing off is normal, just means it can photosynthesis the nutrients anymore, from what I understand. But I have other leaves with a few dark spots, I think if I had an EC meter that could have been prevented, either way the buds are looking quite beautiful.

Oh and I've been using Distilled water, and sometimes spring water, but I haven't used tap water. sometimes I sing to the plant and smoke with it, lol, who knows if that helps.

I've just been tying the buds down to screen and trimming leaves that are yellow, too deficient, or too big and covering light for lower buds.

I had to cut a little door hole into the top of my water resevoir because the scrog is in place untill harvest. I'm tying the buds to that scrog cage thing so it has to stay in place. During vegging I just pulled the whole thing out to refill the water.

I tried soil in the past but I always got an ugly plant. This is the first time I produce something that actually looks like weed. I found that marijuana roots prefer oxygen, so the goal is to let the roots express themselves as much as possible I find using hydroton and just water with air pumps and nutrients more effective than soil, but then again I never really made my own soil mix. If you use soil, stay far away from miracle grow, wrong kind of nutrients not enough air for the roots. If anything go to a nursery and make a good soil mix. Soil confuses me too because I never know how to give the plants the right ammount of fertilizer with that method. I heard of a method called the drip method which utilizes both soil and hydroton, but I still need to research that.

immaculate

D00d, why'd you led those babies stretch so much? You could churn some weight out of that thing...

Lookin' green!...peace

mindvoice

D00d, why'd you led those babies stretch so much? You could churn some weight out of that thing...

Lookin' green!...peace

you think I let them stretch too much? I thought if I stretched it to the top of the pc case that would be preferable to give space for lower bud sites and higher bud sites. By when would you have started training it?

the skunk is looking really good, the mystery seed isn't as happy as the skunk. some of my ventilation fans broke too. So gotta jump on fixing that.