What's new

question about lucas formula

half of the veg 5/10 to start after roots get 6 in. move up to 5/10..when put into flower first week at 5/10 then after 8/16..some indicas i find like a little calmag plus added to the mix in veg

Good note on the Ca/Mg. My DP Blueberry even wanted some more K so I threw in Flora Gro into the mix. I see the Lucas Formula more as a guideline than a universal solution. After adding a touch of Ca/Mg and Flora Gro, my plants stopped having mild deficiency symptoms.

On the other hand, my DNA LA Woman and Rocklock do just fantastic in veg with 8ml:16ml/gal (Micro:Bloom) and are able to take this higher concentration of nutrients while the Blueberry feels more comfy 200ppm lower.

I'm just a newbie, but from my experience thus far with the different nutrient requirements of my plants, I believe sticking to a 2:1 Micro:Bloom ratio and observing your plants (in addition to pH, ppm/EC, etc) to see what they need (or have too much of) is better and more educational than blindly following a 5ml:10ml/gal or 8ml:16ml/gal rule.

Latest posts

Latest posts