What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about irrigation

sacramental

Hey I was wondering if anybody had experience with micro sprayers and running nutrients through a dosetron through them. I’m changing up my irrigation this year and bought these 180 degree micro spray heads. I tested one that I built this evening and they seem to work great. Now I guess I have to try and run nutes through the dosetron through them.

Attachments

• BBD31455-EA48-413B-9EE1-CFEADB0A3A15.jpeg
    BBD31455-EA48-413B-9EE1-CFEADB0A3A15.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 53

40degsouth

Hey Sacrimental,
I don’t have any experience with micro-sprayers and have stayed away from them, preferring drippers because I remember a conversation in the “Growing Large Plants Outdoors” thread in which this particular topic came up and people with much more experience than me, shared their experiments, of your exact question, with the micro-sprayers, clogging up, when trying to fertigate through them.
Two, or so, years ago in Dankwolf’s thread, he set up micro-sprayers for watering and at the end of the season l asked him what he thought of them and from memory, he said he wouldn’t go back to another form of watering because of coverage. I do know, however, with this style of watering, you do need to clean out/up the bottoms of plants for disease prevention and air flow and with any type of watering it’s preferable to do it in the morning, after sun up, so the soil drys up and out, during the day.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,

Last edited:

sacramental

Hey Sacrimental,
I don’t have any experience with micro-sprayers and have stayed away from them, preferring drippers because I remember a conversation in the “Growing Large Plants Outdoors” thread in which this particular topic came up and people with much more experience than me, shared their experiments, of your exact question, with the micro-sprayers, clogging up, when trying to fertigate through them.
Two, or so, years ago in Dankwolf’s thread, he set up micro-sprayers for watering and at the end of the season l asked him what he thought of them and from memory, he said he wouldn’t go back to another form of watering because of coverage. I do know, however, with this style of watering, you do need to clean out/up the bottoms of plants for disease prevention and air flow and with any type of watering it’s preferable to do it in the morning, after sun up, so the soil drys up and out, during the day.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Helps a bunch. Thank you

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Are you using the injectors to lower the pH in the tap water? If not, I wouldn't use them for nutrient applications. I would just hand feed as needed using a higher ppm. Keeping water only misters has fewer problems in the end. That's a pretty plant thanks for sharing the photo!😎

sacramental

Thanks guys. Yes I was going to use them with maxsea water soluable grow nutrient. I’ve had success in the past with it and the dosetron. I really try and get everything automated as my work schedule and occupation along with doing the family thing doesn’t leave me with much room to spend with my other ladies. I think I’ll try them out and if they don’t work they oh well. It was only a few bucks in parts. Ps thanks for the compliment on the plant. They are motherlode garden genetics aka Schrews on here.
6FB70424-C7B7-4072-A035-AC5CD350DCB0.jpeg