What's new

Question about Dinafem.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
So, I can write Dinafem but not S.A.N.N.I.E.S....?

Yea, the censorship here doesn't make any rhyme or reason to me..........

A while back someone asked for a source for genetics so I posted a link to an excellent site that shows the complete strain line for a certain strain, it even shows hybrids made from that strain. My post was deleted for censorship! The link to the site I posted doesn't even sell beans so I don't know where they feel threatened from competition! :chin:

harry74

Veteran
Jeez...what a bunch of know nothing complainers...slagging off some of the worlds best seed companies. HOW do I know this is BS. Because I have personally grown out Dinafem WW and it was the dankest most potent 7weed I have ever grown...and I've been growing on two continents for 5 decades. There are plenty of fly by night outfits selling bad genetics, but Dinafem isn't one of them. I prefer ******s but Dinafem isn't a bad choice in a pinch.

It is not bad DNF¨s White Widow.

But for your info ( as I see you know a lot) DNF´s WW are S1 of a old clone that was selected in Bilbao.....

If as you say, some of the worlds best companies, are about getting a clone spraying it with sts and selling the seeds at a Price of around 10 euro each,what is left?

And again, the S1 of that clone look good, because the clone is good ( I think it was selected when Shantibaba was still in GH).
I f you like that widow and you know someone well conected in Spain, I would try to get the cutting and keep it as a mom.

You´ll have all the time the same quality bud, and save quite a money on the way, in this hard times.

Just my two pennys:tiphat:

harry74

Veteran
I have seen that clone chopping day alongside ww from Ingemaar and ww GH regular autum 2005.
The others were from seed but WW Bilbo was superior.

I saw a WW clone selected NL ( Maastrich) around 2006;

It looks WW Bilbo was better too.

If you love WW try to get it man. I love more White Shark than widow.

Bodhi has amazing real deal elite cuts he breeds with...not bunk bullshit...he has some is the beat gear I seen and smoked

Where's the talent in crossing two of any cannabis strains? It's hardly a skilled trade half the time and I think people contradict themselves when they get all moralistic on this subject.

People like Bodhi get rave reviews for putting out untested unstable crosses of two nice mother plants - and that's not a dig at Bodhi, just a statement of fact - and then dinafem get criticism because they outsource their breeding to people with a larger facility. If anything you should expect more stability from a setup such as that at Dinafem - or whoever does their seed production - than you should from someone who does it in house, because a lot of these boutique breeders are just fellas with a small room to work in, no facility for large scale selection and stabilisation, and who by and large are mostly just semi-casual growers making a bit on the side while enjoying a profitable hobby.

If you're gonna write them off as "dinacrap" then at least have some experience of running their strains. Having sniffed a few of your mate's diesels doesn't cut it to be fair.

I did their cheese which came as a freebie and it was as good aesthetically as most genetics you'll run to be fair; and I've run Bodhi, Mr Nice, Cali connection (whose diesel wasn't anything special either tbh) and loads of others down the years.

papaduc

Veteran
Bodhi has amazing real deal elite cuts he breeds with...not bunk bullshit...he has some is the beat gear I seen and smoked

I say this with no disrespect intended towards Bodhi, but anyone who describes a stock list of untested first generation crosses as "bred" strains, doesn't know the meaning of the word.

And with regards "bunk" I've grown sunshine daydream, Gojiberry OG, and another strain of his I can't think of the name of at the minute, and none of them gave me a plant I would call a solid keeper. Nice enough plants, but not a keeper amongst them. I did a single Kush'n'Cheese and have a solid 100% keeper. Make of that what you want.

I don't really care about names or brands, I see the plant at the end and decide if it's worthy of the space in my garden.

sativa92

Well what i can tell ya is their Moby dick is a great strain!potency and great yields, just as good or better as most other companies high priced beans.
blue widow was good too, nice colors, smells, potency above average..
out of 15 fems not a single Hermie!!

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
I say this with no disrespect intended towards Bodhi, but anyone who describes a stock list of untested first generation crosses as "bred" strains, doesn't know the meaning of the word.

And with regards "bunk" I've grown sunshine daydream, Gojiberry OG, and another strain of his I can't think of the name of at the minute, and none of them gave me a plant I would call a solid keeper. Nice enough plants, but not a keeper amongst them. I did a single Kush'n'Cheese and have a solid 100% keeper. Make of that what you want.

I don't really care about names or brands, I see the plant at the end and decide if it's worthy of the space in my garden.

were have u read "untested" crosses??u know bbay?
how long grow and how much u produce for year?

make judgements on 20/30 seeds with a couple of grow behind it's a bit like pissing against the wind...we'll talk about in a few years dude ;)

harry74

Veteran

make judgements on 20/30 seeds with a couple of grow behind it's a bit like pissing against the wind...we'll talk about in a few years dude ;)

:laughing::bow::bow::bow:

papaduc

Veteran

Yes, untested. To stabilise a strain takes time and space. Boutique sellers like Bodhi are not stabilising anything before release and focus on first generation crosses. That's a very different path compared to someone who selectively breeds for certain traits before releasing a strain.

Documenting a grow on bbay has nothing to do with anything.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
pffff....i have do the tester for bodhi like many others...
anyway all ok man..if u like dina i'm happy for you :D

harry74

Veteran
desired pheno ratios

desired pheno ratios

May be seedbanks should give more info about the ratio of the desired pheno of their seedlines.

How many seed you need to germinate to find a keeper?what is the ratio of the desired pheno?

1/3, 1/5, 2/10 ???? First number being the keeper, second the number of seeds you germ.

The bigger the ratio, means a better work, a bigger stability, the line has been work down towards what the breeder was aiming for.

That way you could know better if a seedline is worth or at least
have a better picture. I´m talking about regular/natural seeds.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
May be seedbanks should give more info about the ratio of the desired pheno of their seedlines.

How many seed you need to germinate to find a keeper?what is the ratio of the desired pheno?

1/3, 1/5, 2/10 ???? First number being the keeper, second the number of seeds you germ.

The bigger the ratio, means a better work, a bigger stability, the line has been work down towards what the breeder was aiming for.

That way you could know better if a seedline is worth or at least
have a better picture. I´m talking about regular/natural seeds.

I'm sure they'll do that immediately.

:deadhorse

harry74

Veteran
Me too, alongside the seed production date, and a best before date.

This industry has evolved to a amazing quality standards the last years man.
You make a S1 from a clone and " new reléase guys!!! we have this amazing STRAIN, pure fire!!! top notch genetics!!!!
Real conoisseur stuff!!!!:noway:

Better than going to the circus......:tiphat:

papaduc

Veteran
pffff....i have do the tester for bodhi like many others...
anyway all ok man..if u like dina i'm happy for you :D

You're confusing testing with breeding bro. It's as simple as that. Testing can be done by anyone. Breeding and selective back crossing to lock down desirable traits are done by the breeder alone, whether he/she be the original seller or not.

Bodhi is not breeding. He is not back crossing. He is taking two plants, cross pollinating, then selling the seeds. I'm not having a dig or criticising, because some people will welcome the variability, but it is a statement of fact. Whether people test the seeds makes no difference to anything.

FarmerGiles

I popped 11 Dinafem Blue Amnesia XXL autos. Only 3 came up. Regular seeds by them are a lot more reliable as I've not had problems with them in the past, but won't try their autos again. Waste of time and money for me.

solofoe

Soo I received 2 dinafem freebies from an online order one "cheese" and one "og kush" I wanted to try reversing a plant for the first time I cloned a little branch of the cheese and made my own colloidal silver with PLATED silver forks. Because I'm poor and cheap and all that. Anyways it worked out here are some pics of the reversed cheese and the seed that it produced just pollen chucking.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I haven't popped any but was well pleased with both plants the cheese was particularly enjoyable to grow amazing aroma.