What's new

Queation on light schedule after pollination when breeding ...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Aright, so I got some seeded plants, they about 2/3 the way through seed development. Im wondering if I were to put them outside to finish up, would that mess up my seeds? Also would like to know the extreme, if I switched um to 24 would that mess um up or is once they begin developing, plant will keep its focus on its continuation of life through seed? I want to use the space for somethin else, they got abot 2 or 3 weeks left to go...

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Ive personally never messed with the lights after I've pollinated plants so what I have to offer should in no way be taken as fact but I think I remember SamS posting about how he will finish pollinated plants up under more hours of light. He did it because the plants would sort of stretch/reveg and make extracting the seed easier.

He may have said the extra light had other benifits like healthier seeds and speeding up the process.

The last part may be a complete dream but I clearly remember the first part.

In my mind it should make no difference genetically. But.... please wait for others input. I caught this thread early, I'm sure many others know better. Lol

Either scenario won't hurt them at all and I have done this several times. The longer light hours may hasten maturity as well.

Carraxe

Veteran
Yes, you can. I've taken seeded plants outdoors just some weeks after pollination and they matured well. If you've done 2/3 of the cycle, it will be OK.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Great! Thanks yall, makes sense since a plants purpose is pretty much to reproduce.��

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
A seeded stable plant with a couple weeks to go is set.

You're in the chute hormone wise, only pests and mold
can change the outcome at this stage.

Latest posts

Latest posts