What's new

Quantum Tower LED PC case: 46w of SDOG

monkey5

Veteran
tremOlo, Nice grow & build show! I went trough the entire thread! Good stuff in here for sure! I will be looking in to see the finnish & smoke report! All around good job! monkey5

T

trem0lo

monkey5, 2000pm how's it going!

quick update. still packing on pistils at 8 weeks flowering. i also have my veg/mother cab done, just need to clean up some wiring and I'll have pics up.

picture.php

T

trem0lo

finally finished my veg/mother cabinet!

finally finished my veg/mother cabinet!

to unsuspecting visitors, it's a simple RAID enclosure for hard drives....
picture.php

...but inside there's a little led grow light, carbon filter and 140mm exhaust fan... still need to cover and hide some wires. the fan is completely silent and temps hover just a few degrees above ambient.
picture.php

the light turns on/off with the main power switch; the fan is connected to a 3-fan header inside (behind the light) and out to the original AC/DC converter, it will handle up to 10 amps... not that i'll ever need that many fans!
picture.php

here's the finished light before i mounted it, wired up to the driver and mains for testing. i used 2 6500k bright whites and 2 660nm reds, should be plenty for the space...
picture.php

And here's a shot of the lady, she's driving me nuts, hopefully just another week, the other pheno has at least two.... smelling like crazy fuel and garlic. gross!
picture.php

mrtn

Very nice grow and the boxes look great!

And here's a shot of the lady, she's driving me nuts, hopefully just another week, the other pheno has at least two.... smelling like crazy fuel and garlic. gross!

Does the scrubber handle the smell?

T

trem0lo

Does the scrubber handle the smell?

Barely. I've changed the carbon twice in the past 30 days and I'll probably need to change it again soon. I'm finding out that a week or two of late flower stink loads it quickly--it only holds about 2 cups. During the few minutes while there is no carbon in the scrubber my entire living room fills up with an acrid skunky diesel smell. Yikes! have to work fast. I've also turned down the fan and that seems to help as well. With the scrubber running fresh carbon I can "hang out" with my plants, door open, and only a little smell escapes into the room. Otherwise, no way. With the door shut, though, there is zero smell so no worries.

superb work on that micro veg chamber trem0lo.

Thanks man, I hope it will be big enough for a couple bonsai moms!

AMAZING buds bro, im veri curious those box lookin efficient...i want make one like this!!!

You should!

Here are a couple more shots, also the changing of the carbon, a common occurrence as of late. My math says day 66 but I believe they are around 5 days behind schedule due to my overwatering before 12/12. I've had a rough week of rehearsal with a grumpy conductor so I think I'm gonna take a taster bud this weekend... :biggrin:

MrCopyZ

Thats an awesome case you got their man.

I like the LEDs but I dunno if I can build them correctly.

Do you know where I can get cases like yours on the cheap? or atleast the best priced?

+ REP

What kind of temperature difference is their between ambient room temp and temp on the fan leaves or grid.

T

trem0lo

MrCopyZ, thanks, your case is looking good too!

if you're interested in LED tech go read knna's DIY thread over at seedmine.com forums. it is daunting but has all the info you need to get started.

i got my case from a well-known PC website... google around for good deals. also ebay or your local computer store may have inexpensive used cases available.

it runs about ~10 degrees over ambient with both arrays on, 5 with one turned on. if i turn the fan down it can be as much as 15 above for winter growing.

i quick dried a tiny taster bud of the diesely/skunky/citrus pheno and woooo buddy. it was a little rushy and short lived but it shot a proper hole through my head, and the body stuck around for a few hours. she's not quite ready, but will be some very potent smoke when the time comes :joint:

how are they doing? im already waiting for your next photos :) im so much looking forward to your final yield. if it goes well i will finally start building a case with LED :)

TexMex McDirt

Helluva nice PC grow man. I have been curious about LEDs for a while now, but every time I start reading about them it gets so technical my brain shuts down. I am far from an EE. Your build tutorial was great, one of the best, clear & concise that I have seen. For the time being I will stick w my CFLs. Really impressive setup. Hope you have a great harvest.

Happy farming, stay safe, peace!

jubiare

:tiphat:Hi tremolo, all is looking promising in there!

can I ask you a few things, first, you refer to Knna in your building process ... why do you drive the reds at 700Ma ... what made you decide for that?

I to have some diy going and I am driving the reds at 500Ma, actually I made a seedling array and am driving all the leds at 500Ma. I am experiencing slow seedling rates ... they are all good but slow! I wonder if you have experienced anything like that when you first germinated under the osrams

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20120601_120533.jpg
    IMG_20120601_120533.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20120531_230100.jpg
    IMG_20120531_230100.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 28
T

trem0lo

Yeah, thanks guys! Coming down to the final stretch! :woohoo:

I'm fairly certain both of these pull from the Sour D side.

Pheno #1, aka the fuel pheno, has taken on quite a stink. Very astringent skunk on her: fuel, garlic and rotting fish/poop, like something in a medieval basement. However, when you touch her your hands smell like sour lemon.

So far from the two samples I've taken, she is impressive. Her high is very strong and intense, like being launched off the deck of a ship. The pulsing sativa effect is a little more pronounced, but the electric body buzz does a nice job of numbing you up and strapping you in. Overall very enjoyable but it took my no-tolerance ass for a wild ride. Incredibly buzzy, long-lasting, quality medicine.

Here she is day 70 (second pic), chopped in a few days as she's almost completely defoliated herself. I'm definitely revegging her as she is a keeper for sure. First pic is the other pheno, she still has a week or two to go. A very floral fruity smell to her, the fruit is deeper and richer with lavender and rose notes.

T

trem0lo

:tiphat:Hi tremolo, all is looking promising in there!

can I ask you a few things, first, you refer to Knna in your building process ... why do you drive the reds at 700Ma ... what made you decide for that?

I to have some diy going and I am driving the reds at 500Ma, actually I made a seedling array and am driving all the leds at 500Ma. I am experiencing slow seedling rates ... they are all good but slow! I wonder if you have experienced anything like that when you first germinated under the osrams

Thanks

I did ask Knna about driving them that high, his answer was basically yes you can, but at a slightly reduced efficiency. I'm hoping with the increased light output @ 700mA and my oversized heatsink I can make up for this. It was a matter of cost and simplicity with the drivers as well.

My seedlings germed normally. I did have some problems early on but that was due to grower error. I can say that the F1s of these seeds were super vigorous; these F2 took a bit longer to get going. Once they were about a week old though, they took off. I'd guess it's either genetics or grow medium in your case. Nice light!

jubiare

thanks for your time in answering! The nearly finished girls look dense yummi by the way!!!
Were your temps in mid 70 when you germed/seedling? Mine are ... am at day 15 now in coco/perlite!

Attachments

• IMG_20120617_173838.jpg
    IMG_20120617_173838.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 26

jenery

truly amazing stealth box, after watching your thread i am sure all the fellow growers would love one like that!! Enjoy the harvest and good luck for your next run!