What's new

Quality Timer?

Vegan

this ge water heater timer will run any voltage, can run different voltage on the timer and load, has normally open AND normally closed circuits to run a flip directly off the timer, and can be wired up in all different configurations. ive run intermatic little gray box's for years, but i love these ge timers. 38 bucks at homedepot.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs..._mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D27X-_-100685853

heres one of mine running a veg room:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nice work so thats 220 goin in??
and 220 goin out ??

and the nuetral is connected to where??

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go digital. Costs more up front, but it puts you in a position to do more, especially if you are into aeroponics

MagniKhan

Veteran
Go digital. Costs more up front, but it puts you in a position to do more, especially if you are into aeroponics

You right, and I did!
I work with ALOT of relays in my line of work, and personally I like to over build a bit. Also the KISS principle is a great guide line. Those combined makes for a much more reliable unit.

That being said, if I used the H/W timer I would be running an extra relay, cause theres no way I would run a 600w ballast off those contacts! Now on florescent lights, I don't think that would be a big deal, hell it was made to run a water heater.
Another problem I have with the GE timer, is that mechanical timer looks strikingly similar to the one from the inside of the timer I just lost.
The digital has a nice battery back up, seemed nice and simple, and over all a solid device. For $17.95, I don't think I'll be buying any other brand of timer for awhile ( assuming this doesn't go tits up on me)!

Mr. Stinky

on the flip, the ground and neutral would go together in the timer slots, and the bulbs dont have ground, just black and white. they go in the com1 and com2 terminals. the bulb wires go to the n-c1/n-c2 and n-o1/n-o2 terminals.
its actually completely self explanatory when you are lookin at it.

Vegan

on the flip, the ground and neutral would go together in the timer slots, and the bulbs dont have ground, just black and white. they go in the com1 and com2 terminals. the bulb wires go to the n-c1/n-c2 and n-o1/n-o2 terminals.
its actually completely self explanatory when you are lookin at it.

just got home with one ..i like the quick install guide..lol

not a bad lookin little piece of euipment for 40 bucks

S

sparkjumper

I'm old school I guess all those diodes and resistors in that timer freak me out.The best timer IMO for 240V is the intermatic "little gray box" hot water heater timer.Its simple and lasts a lifetime.The T-101 is good for 120V.The little gray box has an external on-off lever which comes in real handy at times