What's new

Q3corn's dank mini adventures

q3corn

A bit slow to update, but here's where my Mega cab is with my 3 Conifer-13 cuts in their 1-gallon fabric pots. Day 14 after flip to flower, first sign of pistils was day 7 or 8. I cut back a LOT of these plants and they're still taking up the whole cabinet, and stretch has just barely begun. This is gonna be a packed cabinet and a wild ride!
20210331_112551.jpg
20210331_112551.jpg

q3corn

20210401_001359_a.jpg

Quick ugly shot of a poorly trimmed bud of some stressed-out NL Blvd, but holy hell does this stuff get me stoned. Heavy-behind-the-eyes forgot-what-i-was-saying stoned.
At harvest both of the plants smelled like plastic and spray paint, and now those aromas are at the front again when I open the jar and crack a bud. It's wild, I've never smoked anything with this sort of smell before. And the flavor comes through in the smoke in this plant! I'm so bummed I didn't keep clones of these, but I did make plenty of f4 seeds so I'm gonna hunt for another one of these plants soon. This is that narcotic afghani feel I've been looking for. :joint:

q3corn

ALL 3 and 5 blade leaves! I popped this seed over a year ago and this is it's 4th flowering cycle, don't think I've ever had it throw more than 5 blades, almost always 3's.

q3corn

I got another cabinet going with a full pack of a strain called Double G. It's G13 x 88G13HP, and these plants look fantastic. Definitely my best grow in the cabinets, and probably one of my best grows to-date as far as overall health of the plants as well as canopy density and control.

Day 30 of 12/12
20210331_132432.jpg

20210331_132446.jpg

q3corn

Mega cab update:
20210407_143426_.jpg

20210407_143138_.jpg

Day 22 from flip and I guess the stretch for this plant just isn't going to be that bad? Seems about as big as it was when I flipped, maybe a little bit lankier. I guess maybe having it dissipated among so many branches it didn't seem like that big of a deal. This canopy is pretty packed, though, and that was the goal! I think I'm about as set as I can be to get clear the 3 ounce limit.

I decided to dust a few buds with some Double G pollen that I had just recently collected. I figure if I'm making all this conifer I can dedicate a few nugs to seed making. Not sure what to expect from that male yet but this will be a nice tester amount at least. Not like I have the space to test any more genetics :biglaugh:

q3corn

Thanks antheis! I agree, these cabinets are full of fun! The trimming on the conifer will be wild :whee:

q3corn

Conifer-13 in the mega cab is now at day 28 from flip, and it's probably about done with it's stretch now. I'm seeing some orange hairs scattered among all the buds, so I'll probably have a seed or two in every nug. Pollen got around a bit, but it was totally concentrated on those few branches. I'm gonna have a lot of conifer-13 x double g seeds.

Speaking of double g, those plants are doing fantastic. Smell of taurine, gym socks and sour apples mixed among each plant, some much stronger and more foul than others. They're on day 43 from flip and I'll bet they're all done by 70 judging by how they look right now.

I just took cuttings of my keeper SUV f2 plant, so I'll be giving that plant another run this summer. This fall I'll hunt through seeds to find some males to make F3 seeds for this strain. At least that's the goal. I also want to do another hunt through a 10-pack. I'm thinking Orange Velvet x DNA Afghani that I got from someone this winter. I haven't seen orange velvet used in anything other than jillybean, agent orange or the BX1 that ethos did. I'm hoping to find a short bushy plant that stinks of oranges. If I don't find anything in there, I'll look through a Citrus 25 pack.

q3corn

Shoot been a while since i updated here.

Double G plants are doing amazing. day 59F and some are gonna get cut this weekend! Seed check came back good in every plant, so I got lotsa new seeds to store and some really interesting looking plants.

Conifer-13 in the Mega cabinet got super-pollinated with double-g pollen, so instead of maybe 100 seeds I've got maybe 1000 seeds coming. Those are on day 43F, so about 4-5 weeks til that's all done.

I'm super impressed with the stuff I've been growing now that I've shifted to the dry amended soil. I think keeping things a little more consistently moist was the trick I needed to get over, whether using bottled nutes or not, I was probably having too many dry-off periods. But now I'm saving money, saving time, and growing healthier plants all with a bag of KIS nutrients. Feelin' good about it.

Here's some bud pics

NL Blvd #1
20210428_nlb1.jpg

Gelato33 x Purple Goat
20210426_gpg2 birdland.jpg

PCBuds

I'm quite ignorant on the topic, but can you smoke the buds from the plants that are producing seeds ?

My understanding was that a plant has to go way past ripe for smoking to finish ripening the seeds.

q3corn

Yes you can totally smoke seeded bud! it's just a bit obnoxious to de-seed it sometimes. Remember back in the day those bricks of weed? Totally seeded. And if you pollinate the females early enough, the seeds will be mature around the same time as the trichs. If I'm making a lot of seeds on purpose I go a week or so extra to ensure there's as many mature seeds as possible, but it's by no means unsmokable.

I will say, though, that when I was using bottled nutes I wouldn't smoke the buds, because I wouldn't flush plants that were grown for seed production. Now that I'm on a dry amendment plan there is no flushing step so it's all good.

PCBuds

Thanks, I learned something.

I do remember smoking joints back in the day and the seeds would pop/explode as you smoked the joint. Lol

antheis

Veteran
dude. the worst for me is when some beans get ground up and those little bits of shell get packed in a bowl somehow and get blazed up. 🤮

q3corn

Yeah those are the worst because you don't even see 'em! I break up my seeded bud by hand mostly to avoid this. It's tedious

q3corn

Here's my favorite Double-G. She's got super fat bud development, really nice trichs and sugar leafs, low stretch and relatively low aroma. Not the fastest finisher but she'll be done in under 70 days for sure.

Day 59F
dblg4 59F.jpg

20210429_183435 dblg4.jpg

q3corn

Well shoot been a while since I've updated everyone!

Double G plants all came down on day 64 and dried perfectly, they're in their jars now. Average weight per plant is about 8.5 grams, so 7 of those makes roughly 55 grams total. Pretty good, not amazing, but pretty good. These buds all look extremely similar, and the smells are all real similar as well, with unique points going to #2 which has a more mildew and fermented aroma, and #6 with a bit of a sour stink. Everyone else is hashy, earthy, and a little lemony.
20210504_222515.jpg

20210513_005957.jpg

And yesterday was day 71 of the Mega cab of Conifer-13, and that all got harvested. I took these plants down at roughly 77 days previously, but I think they finished a little earlier this time around because their root zones werent as stressed. Buds are all extremely dense and very similar, and the weaving of all the branches made this just pack on weight in so many places. I'm excited to see how much I got but I'd be surprised if it was under 3 ounces
20210512_143958.jpg

20210527_020705.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts