What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pythium...

Cheesegez

Does anybody know if I can confirm this is Pythium? I've been having problems now for a long time in Rockwool, and I've come to the conclusion that my roots may be heavily colonised by the bacteria. It's not just my active vegetative plants it's actually my clones as well..

Could this problem be caused by overwatering ? or is there potentially more to this, every recent crop I have done. I have been affected by this problem in the initial stages of my crops for a years however they always seem to bounce back after a lot of leg work rearranging / Pruning. However, this time has affected me worse than ever, and I've been battling with whatever I'm battling for over eight weeks . I'm pretty adamant that this problem is not caused by overwatering alone. Does anybody else have any thoughts?

The blocks, initially are submerged in Athena's recommendations of bloom, A and B to the required levels of EC (3.0) at 5.5 with cleanse at the required amount . This procedure varies from crop to crop, but this is my most recent procedure. However, when roots are shown at the bottom of the Hugo blocks, they are transferred into a slightly bigger room with more powerful lights etc. I run a drip to waste system and when the plants are put on the watering system, they seem to take a dramatic decline in health. This is mirrored by the roots health as the roots start to turn brown and the plant starts to wilt. I've checked the run-off PH and EC, they all seem to be in line which vary between 5.8 and 6.1...

I don't use beneficial bacteria is initially as I've came to the conclusion. The best way forward for the initial stages of plant growth is a sterile system.

I'm almost convinced this problem is some buildup of bacteria however I'm open to other suggestions. I would just like to overcome these these issues as they are Re-occurring and hurting my head..

Honestly, if it wasn't for hydrogen peroxide, I generally think this time I would've had to start again completely from scratch

p.s I regularly spray with IPM and Athena stack and I have just recently added eagle,20 to my arsenal.

View media item 18717066
View media item 18717065
View media item 18717064
thanks

CG

moose eater

I've always thought that, short of a tissue sample, a cross-sectional view of a severed stalk is one of the better ways to assess or confirm pythium rot.