What's new

PVC

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
As long as you are satisfied bro. Thats 13.3% average and 18.6% best yield.

A lot depends on what you are running, but my bud average using a 1" single pass column is around 18% and my best yield was 21.6%.

Best yield on the same general strains is 23.7% in my butane extraction and reclaim system, so the 1" column isn't too far off.

On long columns, I use an electric drill, with a 5' flexible electrician's drill bit to clear the columns, or a dowel that I have duct taped a wire spiral, wound from a coat hanger.

thanks for the tips! just to clarify i only run trim, not buds... 13-18% yield is IMO very good for trim.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
makes sense, all my roor tubes are 50mm by 5mm

any other tips on how to get the material out?

my tube is only a foot or so, i use a hacksaw blade. stick it in and twist a few times, till it works its way all the way to the top. maybe you could find some kind of tool that would be longer but similar.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the tips! just to clarify i only run trim, not buds... 13-18% yield is IMO very good for trim.

13-18% return on trim is fablous, but alas the definition of trim varies from anything but the fan leaves and prime colas, to the short fuzz from the finely trimmed buds and any popcorn.

What I can say, is that my yield using 1" diameter single pass columns, was greater than the same material through a 1.25 and a 1.5" column.

I rest my case and encourage everyone to do as they see fit.

Latest posts

Latest posts