What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Putting up a cannabis club to spain?

v1ru5

Hey,

Anybody has any information about such a pipe dream? :biggrin:

I have found one company that offers legal help to put up a club for 1500 EUR, and will give a "legality status report about cannabis" for 800 EUR.

The first price sounds okay, but information for 800 EUR? :moon:

Could I get it from here, for free? :tiphat:

Paz

rip off reports.. i am setting up my fifth as we speak.. more medically focused this time tho, a dispensary model..

no new clubs allowed in barcelona for 12 months..

lawyer fees anywhere from 1500 to 2500 depending upon lawyer

v1ru5

Thanks for the information!

I will PM you when I get my private message privileges on Sunday (I am a new member so I have to wait a week)...

v1ru5

Oh I realized I cannot PM you because you do not have 50 posts.

So, can you give me more information about how you have done your clubs, and is there any place to get english language information?

You said before you had been more commercially minded. Did this contribute to the fact that your clubs got closed, and thats why you go for a dispensary model (and how does this differ from a normal club, in terms of setting up, business etc) or why?

I would be setting my club into Andalucia, near Malaga to be exact. Do you know anything about that areas situation??

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Lots going on, a very fluid situation, I would not invest a cent in one, they are NON PROFIT, so you will never legally make money, only burn it. You can pay a basic wage, but the Police can and will turn up and take everything. I cannot think of a single reason why anybody would want to run one, seen it all up close, if you want to grow weed "legally" then grow for a club with papers, this means if you are caught, you can jam the legal machine with (expensive lawyer generated) papers, but AFAIK nobody has actually been aquitted, all pending cases are in limbo. So, effectively it is not legal, but has a certain level of protection. Most people do not bother with this, far better to grow yourself and sell a bit for the real price than be the club´s biatch and grow under contract for them and make less than a quarter... do the maths.

v1ru5

So ChaosCatalynua what you are saying that one gets more money from selling it illegallly?

How do I grow for a club and how much they pay? You are just indicating its low but to be honest, I'd rather grow weed for living SAFE and get a shit pay, than grow weed illegally NOT SAFE and get a good pay.

I've done a good share of the latter, trust me.

Like how low can the pay be?

Thank you for evaporating my dreams about setting up a club though :) Really appreciated. Muchas gracias :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yes, I am saying exactly that.

If you grow for a club, you do it as a club employee. So, technically, the Club President asks you to do something for him, you are not the instigator, you are not benifiting from illegal crimes, you are just the little guy who is doing something the President asked you to do. This way, in Spanish law, you are pretty much exonerated, the law will pursue the club President as "he made you do it". For example, The Club President justifies contracting you for a 5kg grow because his Socios (members) are buying 2kg a month, so they can demonstrate that they are just supplying members, not others...

All you grow is the clubs, you just get a basic wage for being a worker. That is the legal side. In practice, there may be some agreement about lets say, anything over the 5kg you "loose" ... maybe, I would have no idea.. ;) .... But, it is no goldmine, most serious growers stay out of this system, it is a putada as we say here.

You go to a club and show them what you have available. Like Amsterdam and the USA, there is always a shortage of genuinely great weed, sometimes a shortage of decent weed. I heard one club bought 2kg for E1,800 the pair, E900 a kg for a decent OD. Great OD struggles to top E2 at times, most decent Indoor is E2.5 to 3.5. I heard of good US Import OG going for 5.5, but AFAIK (probably wrong but there you go) the max would be something like 4.5 for a fantastic Cup winner quality bud. The Barcelona market is unique, as they all are, Outdoor is looked down on, incorrectly and the market is saturated with fucking critical fucking mass, and, as always, almost all is a week or 2 or 3 short of properly mature, as it is in Amsterdam and no doubt the US.

Growing, and MJ in general is pretty socially accepted, the Police put little energy into finding grows, your biggest risks are getting stopped in a checkpoint on the road, or moving it into the club. Taking care with both these is wise :) Thieves are the biggest risk here, by far. Most of the grows you see found are because of gross stupidity (smell, suspicous activity) or because someone got robbed. Often the thieves are caught driving off and grass up (sorry...) the place they just robbed. There is I heard also a few armed robbers around, but this is rare, the people here are basically very peaceful.

Dkgrower

Veteran
I second Chaos motion, pepol also have to rember that they been around for along time and that its much more complicated, than so.

Also there is a zillion red tapes aka 500 euro bills make stuff happen, in the local town halls

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nothing gets done in Spain... I lived there and it was the WORST place to get any kind of business done without a bribe. You had to bribe the phone company. Bribe to the city hall workers for registration. Bribe to this and bribe for that... tipping has gone to a new extreme in a country where tipping service workers for serving you food is unusual... you leave a few coins at most. But to get anything done, be prepared to PAY.

And then wait, cause nothing really gets done in Spain, at least not until after lunch. Then there's consultation. Then maybe it's tomorrow... and the next day and the next. Soon you will forget about whatever it is you want to do...

That is Spain at it's best. At least from my experience.

b3fr33

Don't bother, if you're a grower, the wholesale price for good bud is about 3000 euro a kilo, if you're lucky, and the threat of armed robbers at clubs is very real and rising. Many clubs have had guns put to them and been robbed.

Latest posts

Latest posts