What's new

Putting the CBD's back in our Herb!

tree d

A 40w appliance bulb like in your fridge has no phosphor coating. Its just glass. My lungs feel no worse for the wear.
I used to vape that way all the time when I was poor and couldn't afford a volcano!

Captain420

Just one question...do you think the manufacturers of lightbulbs make any effort to make the insides of those lightbulbs nontoxic or foodsafe, especially when heated? I'm not doubting that it got you high, but "homemade lightbulb vaporizer" and "medicinal" do not belong in the same post imo.

I think tree_d might have said it best, but incadescent bulbs are made of, AFAIK, nontoxic materials. Glass, you should know, is made from about as harmless a compound as the earth produces. And unlike CFL bulbs, which contain mercury vapor, an incandescent just has some solid metal. The danger involves not toxic chemicals, but the mechanical danger from glass bits or metal bits. I should tell you that before use I wash the bulbs a few DOZEN times and vacuum them out with a very high power vacuum. AND I jerry rig the bulb with an electronic vaporizer whip to provide a screen between me and the material, JUST IN CASE! I hate bulb vaping on aesthetic grounds, but I do appreciate that it is a way to get a high quality, inexpensive, heat tolerant glass.

I have a soft spot for homebrew equipment such as heat gun vapes, too. I think in both cases, the homebrew stuff should be copied by manufacturers to make better tools for users. In my case, I would love it if someone sold just the glass part of a bulb, so I wouldn't have to remove the filaments and stuff.

hidingtree

ya know , 20 or so years ago something was quite different in the herbs . it was indeed the Cbd ... i remember the Ruderalis indica grown by a fella to be the best ever of and herb i smoked .... there were some variations in it though . one time there was virtually no thc it seemed . other times the herb was fabulous . this may provide some insight to sources of the missing CBD ..... not certain but i think the rudy and indy both may contain a desireable amount ......many blessings , hidingtree

Captain420

Hello Great Growers of ICmag. :hotbounce

In my quest for health it has come to my attention that a lot of research evolving around the medicinal qualities of our favourite medicine involve CBD's, a compound in MJ that both mediates the effects of THC but also contains the healing and curative qualities medicinal users are looking for over high THC strains.

My recent encounter with one of my doctors led to the discussion that pot today had been bred with a recreational focus and that THC was the breeding trait that was of the greatest importance while CBD content have dropped as a result, most tested strains recording around or under 1% CBD whereas THC can get to be around 10-20% representing a balance that is not truly medicinal in nature.

I am a researcher by nature, I LOVE :woohoo: to gather both growers but also information in effort to better understand and spread knowledge to those in need, there are a few threads on this site dedicated to strains but I am looking for a broader spectrum of info here and I will be posting articles and links.

Anyone should feel free to share any information they feel relevant and help us fight big pharma, they are working furiously to scoop our herb and it's legalization from us, let's get this show rolling and beat them to it :1help:.

Suby, this is a great thread! Come back!

Some thoughts:
-how good are the estimates of CBD<1%?, i.e. kind of errors should expect with this testing procedure?

-I notice the discussion on CBD seems to focus on absolute levels, but if we are interested in interaction effects with THC, shouldn't CBD/THC ratio be of more interest? I just envision a plant with 8%THC and .8% CBD looking better than a plant with 15% THC and 1% CBD. Would you agree?

Anyone have access to these books???

Interesting that you asked this because I read in Marijuana Botany that the Ruderalis strains (like lowryder i think) and maybe some others have very high rates of CBD (more CBD's then THC even, which is why people don't like this because they are looking for a more psychoactive high rather then medicinal properties).

Taken from the book, page 115:
Russian- (35-60 degree north lat) Cannabis ruderalis
Short Stature and brief life cycle (8 to 10weeks), wide, reduced leaves and specialized seeds characterize weed Cannabis of Russia... Cannabis Ruderalis in nearly always high in CBD and low in THC.

So if this is the case, why not make a ruderalis hybrid? I think they even offer some of these already, don't they?

If I remember correctly, the original Williams wonder is at least a ruderalis hybrid, and I have some WW clones on the way. I also have access to a testing facility, so I will check the THC and CBD percentages when I have mine grown out.... Unfortunately that will be at least 3 months away....

I will try and post more info that I find on the subject, and I hope you get better Suby!

J

Jeff Lebowski

This is all great information everyone. After doing some research on my own, it seems the US has already began third stage testing for Sativex. How long it will take to make it to market is unknown, but at least we can expect something in the future. I'd love to see a plant with 15% CBD and 5%THC . I've said this a lot before, getting high "used" to be fun, now I just want to be healthy.

vinivici

I have a friend in Israel who worked in the lab of Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, the man who discovered THC. He is feeding me info from Dr. Mechoulam and we are sharing genetics. Most hash strains that come from Morocco, Afghanistan and the Middle east(Except Egypt) have a lot of CBD.

i got a bag of beans from northern iran, when i pop em will there be any way other than lab test to see if they're higher in cbd?

E

elmanito

This variety Brazil Amazonia offered by seems to have a high CBD-content.Plan is to test it with an available TLC-test.

picture.php

Another strain which i have in my possesion right now is Parvati (little one), also a possible candidate for a high CBD-content

picture.php

Namaste :canabis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited
Noticed this topic, and figured I would post this link.

Now look at that CBD amount! :laughing:

I am going to get a few packs and start breeding!:wave:

Edited DoobieDuck
8a. As a privately owned site, we retain the right to prohibit information posted in threads, posts, and signature lines that contains information pertaining to commercial products/entities that do not pay for advertisement or are not products represented by the owner of this site.
8b. Any variety of cannabis can be entered for inclusion in the IC Strain Guide and/or Grow Report section of the Strain Guide. However, posting in the forums outside of these parameters are subject to deletion as Spam.

Muleskinner

Veteran
thanks, I was going to mention deleted seeds also.

I'm not sure if it was posted above but deleted is another excellent website for info on this. I think with new labs testing regularly in CA and CO it's only a matter of time before we see CBD-heavy strains targeted for medical users.

which is a fantastic development for patients

Edit DoobieDuck 8a. As a privately owned site, we retain the right to prohibit information posted in threads, posts, and signature lines that contains information pertaining to commercial products/entities that do not pay for advertisement or are not products represented by the owner of this site.
8b. Any variety of cannabis can be entered for inclusion in the IC Strain Guide and/or Grow Report section of the Strain Guide. However, posting in the forums outside of these parameters are subject to deletion as Spam.

Yeah heard about deleted too, very high in cbd. I have found on another forum this link deleted

Edit DoobieDuck: TOU Violations 8a. As a privately owned site, we retain the right to prohibit information posted in threads, posts, and signature lines that contains information pertaining to commercial products/entities that do not pay for advertisement or are not products represented by the owner of this site.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
One quite high CBD strain is a landrace from Shebarghan, Afghanistan. Makes very strong hash, giving headaches if overdone (a few days of overdoing gets you accustomed and you get al the goodies without the headaches eheh...).It has been offered in the past by RSC, but I think it's all gone...

Irie !

Latest posts

Latest posts