What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Putting AN's Kushie Kush to the test

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest 18340

So here it is, I managed to get my hands on a bottle of AN's Kushie Kush (no easy feat in Fla.) and I'm going to do a side/side test against GH LkB/KB combo.
I have two pre-98 bubba kush cuts in coco going outside. Both cuts came from the same mom and are the same age/height.
Both cuts will get fed Maxibloom at the same rate as their base nutes and both will get their respective PK boosters at the times/dosages recommended by the manufacturer.
Both plants are in straight Botanicare coco.
Let the games begin:sasmokin:
The plants...

The nutrients...

This thread will be updated with pics at least twice a week

G

Graham Purwatt

wow evl,that is an amazing feat here in fla.you're a resourceful guy,between the kushie kush and the pre 98, it's good to have friends in the west. i'm locked in for this one,curious if an is what folks say it is.personally i hope the gh blows it away.just keep in mind that the kush likes more n and mg than most and i'd bet money gh will outshine it.good luck and stay safe bro :smokeit:

oh yeah,congrats on making mod too:dance013:

outdoe

wow evl,that is an amazing feat here in fla.you're a resourceful guy,between the kushie kush and the pre 98, it's good to have friends in the west. i'm locked in for this one,curious if an is what folks say it is.personally i hope the gh blows it away.just keep in mind that the kush likes more n and mg than most and i'd bet money gh will outshine it.good luck and stay safe bro :smokeit:

lol@ the name
but im gonna go with AN just Because you Going for GH :dance013:

L

Lloyd_Christmas

I'm not going to lie, when I first read about it my impression of this stuff was that it was bullshit. Over the past few months however I've seen a couple good growers highly recommend it... I'm pretty curious to see what you think about it when all is said and done...

Hope it works well :joint:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
good idea for a test!

kinda dumb ...............but i guess direct.....name for that AN supplement

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I see your using kushie kush mate, did you got this by a new hydroponic shop that just opened up in fl?

G

Guest 18340

Update

Update

lets get it
Doin' it as we speak!

Thanks bro.

This stuff seems like a crock.
Imo, it's no different than any other pk booster. We shall soon see...

i was wondering if the kushie kush was a bunch of hype or not. cool test.
Glad you like the test:biggrin:

I'm not going to lie, when I first read about it my impression of this stuff was that it was bullshit. Over the past few months however I've seen a couple good growers highly recommend it... I'm pretty curious to see what you think about it when all is said and done...

Hope it works well :joint:
Thanks!

if this test turns out good, im gettin it haha.. GL
Stay tuned then...

good idea for a test!

kinda dumb ...............but i guess direct.....name for that AN supplement
Yeah, no denying what this stuff is for lol.

I see your using kushie kush mate, did you got this by a new hydroponic shop that just opened up in fl?
This bottle was given to me by someone "in the industry". What hydro shop in Fl is selling it? Pretty risky selling a product that is intended specifically for a plant that is illegal to grow in this state.
It doesn't say MJ on the bottle but theirs no denying what "Kush" is...

Update.
I transplanted them into these small black pots where they will stay. They are outside in coco and will be fed to waste everyday. Today is only their second day outside.
Kushie kush calls for 2ml/L, I will be going 2.5ml (1/2 tsp)/gal. LKB calls for 1-2tsp/gal. For both boosters, I will start at half strength for a week and then full strength. So 1/4 tsp/gal of KK for the first week, 1 tsp/gal of LKB for the first week.
Stay tuned, i'll be updating with pics at least twice a week.

junior_grower

this will be interesting to see the results of, I was laughing my ass off when I say a kid going nuts over this at the local shop. I wish you the best and am hanging on for the ride.

I'm curious whats going to turn-out best, I use the kool bloom with floro+ so let's see. Cool that you're showing us this comparison.

ttripperr

I bought the Kushie Kush basic package deal from AN couple of months ago, comparing it to Big Bud bottle there are only three more micronutes in the KK then in the BB, Otherwise identical. Growing three different strains on this resivour Master Kush, PPP and White Widow. I am two to three weeks from harvest and I can't see any differance, as a matter of fact the White Widow looks to be the best performer. My opinion, more AN Hype.:smokeit:

high road

Kushie kush = overpriced hype from kings of overpriced hype = decent at best pk boost

PK is PK is PK...some mfrs add micronutes to be different, some add humics, some add seaweeds, some add cannabis related names. It's all the same P&K with different labels and different names.

The only reason to pay more for higher quality pk boosters is if in hydro when extended solubility is required. In soil, precipitation is not an issue.

"It makes your kush plants kushier brah"

well wishes...hope this thread finishes with a bang, so more people can see the light.

high road

along the same thread as kushie kush being overpriced hype....

GH trying to market and sell 2 separate pk boosts to the same grower is laughable...one is liquid one is dry, formulas are different, but very similiar. There is no real reason to use both...no science behind it, just marketing and sales strategies. Call up GH and ask them what the science and thought process went into formulating and recommending two separate pk boosts that are to be used together in the same grow cycle. .....then wait for the uhhh...uhhh.. lol

One can be substituted for the other...with little to no variation in the end results. There is definitely no need for both in the same cycle.

Ioni Botani

I loooove this Pre 98 Bubba, and I am chuned in for the final results :)

Best of luck to both the contenders (But I think GH will win) ;)

IonI

G

Guest 18340

along the same thread as kushie kush being overpriced hype....

GH trying to market and sell 2 separate pk boosts to the same grower is laughable...one is liquid one is dry, formulas are different, but very similiar. There is no real reason to use both...no science behind it, just marketing and sales strategies. Call up GH and ask them what the science and thought process went into formulating and recommending two separate pk boosts that are to be used together in the same grow cycle. .....then wait for the uhhh...uhhh.. lol

One can be substituted for the other...with little to no variation in the end results. There is definitely no need for both in the same cycle.
0-10-10 , 2-45-28, VERY different.

high road

oye vey...

lets break it down...

0-10-10 has nitrogen in it!!! What? It does, read your bottle, without looking I can be sure it has nitrates, most likely potassium nitrates. If the level of any fertilizer is less than 1% it doesn't need to be on the label, so your solution of 0-10-10 more realisitically is .8-10-10. Compare that to 2-45-28...

Multiply your .8-10-10 x 4 and you have a solution of 3-40-40 not too far off from 2-45-28
I like having my potassium levels near my phosphorus levels anyway... And these numbers are on the concentrate level, once diluted down to into proper ratio's to water, the difference is even less pronounced.

Example: 0-10-10 is the same as 3-40-40 is the same as 0-1-1 is the same as 0-.5-.5 is the same as 0-.1-.1. Which is closer to your actual nutrient ratio once in diluted usable form.
2-45-28 is the same as 0-4-2 is the same as 0-2-1 is the same as 0-1-.5 < which would be labelled as 0-1-0. Which is closer to your actual nutrient ratio once in diluted usable form.
They are both made of potassium nitrates and monopotassium and diammonium phosphates. Like I said earlier some have micronutes, some have humics or fulvics, some have seaweeds, but they are all relatively the same nutrients in VERY similiar ratio's once in ready to use diluted forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.