What's new

Puttin' in work: 10'x15'x8' sealed room-in-a-room, 6000watts of light

bterzz

Veteran
ur not doin too bad yourself bterz...not to be all up in ur junk but if u feel like it, you could throw a 2x4 between that carbon filter and the wall to make it stand off of the wall a little...that'll give you a good amount more surface area on that filter.

Hey brotha. On the back is actually 2, 2 inch rubber mats. The carbon filter isnt in contact with the wall and neither is the fan luckily.

Thanks for lookin out! :dueling:

I want more pics of this setup in progress. Sorry to hi-jack the thread :noway::abduct:

SKUNK420

you are an Fing maniac bro

you are an Fing maniac bro

I got the ceiling accomplished the today. 2 of us got it up there and we felt like genius's:woohoo:. Here's how it happened:

picture.php

Steps on the outside of the wall.

picture.php

One step at a time, slide it and hop it!

picture.php

Now LIFT that fucker above your head!! Ok, shit, let's rest it on some studs and take a breather.

picture.php

Alright, we'll stick a deadman under there and just stand on the ladders and inch it until we have it up.

picture.php

Voila!

i thought may build was a never ending nightmare, but if your going to do it do it right the first time. it's amazing to see what can be done with some $ and a good location. can't wait to see it in action.

FLoJo

i can dig it.. i have been trying to figure out where and how i could set up a 10k grow.. i think i have just been inspired

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Room coming together hella nice! Any plants in there yet? Is that why we arent hearing from ya?...LOL
good vibes

P

Purple_trees

O man how i love seein these.. So inspired right now.. Great shit so far. + reppp

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. Since the building part of the project has been over, I've been working by myself and it's a LOT of work for one person to do.

I'm going to finish Phase I today. I have 60 plants in there with 60 more lined up to be x-planted. Not flowering yet though. Checking for lightleaks and ironing out any rough spots today.

Thanks for the vibes everyone.

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. Since the building part of the project has been over, I've been working by myself and it's a LOT of work for one person to do.

I'm going to finish Phase I today. I have 60 plants in there with 60 more lined up to be x-planted. Not flowering yet though. Checking for lightleaks and ironing out any rough spots today.

Thanks for the vibes everyone.
good to know your back up n runnin homie!
good vibes

scoobysnaqs

very nice lookin set up ya got there.....nice ass handy work ya got goin.....cant wait to see you plants diggin all the hard work you put into it.

Lapides

Veteran
Phase I complete

Phase I complete

This is the first time I've done anything like this, and I must say that I am satisfied so far with the results. Now hopefully I can grow some pot:moon:. The ducts and the hoods are airtight. All the seams are sealed. You'll see along the right side along the bottom I fuct up. Gorilla Glue duct tape to fix those holes. I won't get into it, but it was the very first thing I did when I went to wrap the room, and I will never make that same stupid mistake again.

I spent exactly 30.5 minutes in complete darkness to check for light leaks. It is really strange to do this if you've never done it before. I've done 15-18 minutes, tops, but 30 minutes+ gets weird. Your brain really starts to fuck with you. (This reminds me sorta of stories an oldhead friend had with his sensory deprivation tank.) My brain would TOTALLY try to make me see reflections and hoods and holes that absolutely were not there. I could close and open my eyes and see the same "image". A buddy of mine said I should go in for at least another hour to be sure, but I'm sure he was just busting my balls:nanana::nanana::nanana:. No lightleaks WHATSOEVER.

I transplanted 60 plants the other day to fill the 1st half of the room. They're droopy right now. They've been in tiny 3" square pots for over 1.5 months (this whole project kinda came on very suddenly, the plants were to go right into flowering on time at another grow that is no longer) and now they are where they need to be in 3 gallon bags. As rootbound as they were, it's been a little bit of a challenge getting the soil moisture right where it needs to be, but I'm confident they'll be fine in a day or so, and I can begin to flower them.

Ok, enough jibber jabber, on with the show.

picture.php

I put oscillating fans on both of the long walls for airflow. Electric cords going outside the room. (That's a pullcord to adjust the speed.)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I used this Silicone II stuff from GE to seal the holes around the ductwork. It looks a little messy, but there were some real tiny holes that were seriously hissing that just needed to be plugged up (well, not those spots like 5 inches away, that was just me being messy :smile:). Also, that foil tape is a must for sealing those joints in the elbow (the second pic has since been wrapped).

picture.php

Ballasts outside, on top of the room. They were pretty fun walking up the ladder and reeeaaacching them into position.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And that's pretty much the 1st room. I have another one right across from it with the same dimensions. I'm guessing it will be a little tighter than this one now that I have a little experience and a little less time constraints.

Here's a little peak at my veg room:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In the cloner I have ECSD, some William's Wonder from rez's gear, and Bubba Kush (not sure pre 98 or whatever but it's exactly the one in Cannabible 3). Other stuff vegging is UK Cheese, Dabney Blueberry, ae77 Calio, K.K.'s (I call it John Cliver's) Strawberry Cough, Donkey Dick, Uptown Haze, AOGKxC99, and Toxic Lemon. They'll be run very soon.

C

cellardweller

I am blown away at the amount of work you've done here my friend.

I'm also blown away by this little gem, knowing how the 'noia gets you sometimes..:yoinks:
I said, "Yeah, I'll be paying cash and I need it for a garden."

:nanana::nanana::nanana:

Lapides

Veteran
Man, you should have seen the peeps working at this compressed gas place....a COMPLETE freakshow, hands down. This dude was cool as shit, it was in the city, and besides, neither my car, nor me is connected to this grow in any way.

scoobysnaqs

Great stuff man love the set up...this is what i was goin for but had to settle for less..

I am running a 1400w 140sqfoot grow with air cooled light of coarse, a dehumi, co2, c filter a 200cfm intake and a 8in vortex 747cfm out take fan and the chhc1 controlling unit to run all this. When my temps get up to 88f the in and out take fans will kick on and try to lower the temps of the room. I am still waiting for the 8in vortex to get in.

When the out take is hooked up do you think that will be enough to drop the temps to oh maybe mid 70's? Also the co2 will be interlocked with the temps so it will not run will the room is exhausting. Do you think that the co2 is goin to still be effective with the "pump and dump" style i have to now adjust to?

An ac unit it kinda outta the picture for the fact that we are tryin to get rid of using the 980w ac unit (we added the 400w because we got rid of it) and still wanna keep or lower my electric bill.

F

fatcat666

hey bro you've been a real inspiration. i have a similar space to play with once some things come around, and you've really helped me visualize how to accomplish a similar goal.

G

Guest 18340

Bravo Dude! I've been watching your progress and I'm thoroughly impressed. Positive vibes your way, may this run be a success!

FLoJo

how did you manage to get a big commercial property like that without having your name connected.. that is the hurdle i am trying to get over right now.. seems like they all want a dba, name, ssn, and other bullsheet