What's new

Puttin' in work: 10'x15'x8' sealed room-in-a-room, 6000watts of light

D

Dr420CloneX

This is a dream come true. beautiful design and setup. i hope your gettin kick ass harvests. which im sure you are. best of luck

sorry if this was already answere, but the window AC does not filter the odor, so what are you doing for it?
and do you pay for the electric?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really does attract a certain type of person, eh Weezy?

yeah the jealous, the uneducated, and the young...

but on a positive note, it does attract the likings of the intellegent as well... except the intelligent either keep their mouths shut, or if they do open their mouths, they speak positively or in a progressive manner....

I wish I were a mod... i would be whacking mother fuckers' accounts out like you wouldnt believe... fuck the riff raff - they can go to another forum...

:noway:
LW

keep up the good work LAP...

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
sorry if this was already answere, but the window AC does not filter the odor, so what are you doing for it?
and do you pay for the electric?

SHIT!!! And pot stinks doesn't it? I didn't even think of the odor!!! Back to the drawing boards I guess:wallbash:.

As for the electric, nah, I don't pay for it. There's another room I didn't show that is full of gerbils and hamster wheels. The gerbils run all day on the wheels, thus producing more than enough electricity for my needs. I just have to keep them fed and clean their cages.

Sorry folks for not updating in awhile. There's a bit of fine tuning along with actually filling the room with plants, plus the 420 holiday, so I've been busy.

I PROMISE to have more pics up this afternoon.

Sorry for slacking guys.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SHIT!!! And pot stinks doesn't it? I didn't even think of the odor!!! Back to the drawing boards I guess:wallbash:.

As for the electric, nah, I don't pay for it. There's another room I didn't show that is full of gerbils and hamster wheels. The gerbils run all day on the wheels, thus producing more than enough electricity for my needs. I just have to keep them fed and clean their cages.

well shit !! here i thought you knew what you were doin son
:nanana:you could always stuff your vents with dryer sheets :yes:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i always wondered how the big boys payed for their electric ?
now i know :joint: thanks :friends:hehe

peace brother
:smoweed:

Lapides

Veteran
well shit !! here i thought you knew what you were doin son
:nanana:you could always stuff your vents with dryer sheets :yes:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i always wondered how the big boys payed for their electric ?
now i know :joint: thanks :friends:hehe

peace brother
:smoweed:

I'll look into the dryer sheets thing. Is it effective do you know? Do I really even need odor control?

freewoman, get off this dudes dick! Go fix your myspace page, and get back to the high times stoner forums...your WAAAAAAAAAAAY outta your league here! (done feeding trolls)

good vibes homie!

freeWOMAN can stay on my dick, she happens to be my lady in real life:smoke: she was just playing with them.

So I lied. I left my phone in the work van today and it has all the pictures on it, so no pictures today. I finally got the last 20 plants in there today. So it's full now. One of my timers is faulty, so I have to get another one tomorrow. Other than that, all the kinks seem to be ironed out. There's always something little to tweak here and there though, so it seems like it's just gonna be a never ending evolutionary project.

I'll begin outfitting the second room maybe next week or the next.

Sorry again for no pics. Tomorrow...hopefully:joint:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lmao that was a good post yo,i love the hamster idea....you think a fat kid with a hot dog hangin infront of him could power a few 1000's? :muahaha:
i didnt know free was ur lady bro,i will be shootin her some rep yo.
keep up the A+ work and the bomb sense of humor.
peace-T-

Bodhi Roach

I left my phone in the work van today and it has all the pictures on it,

Hiyas, sorry for the hateful post in your thread, but it is kinda sickening how people can dog on you like that when you have shown us step by step, your wonderful show. And it really seems like they doing it cuz they have nuthing better to do in their sad lives, Other than watch grass grow, or watch someone elses and criticize with their sad lacking opinions.

I am pretty sure you know this already, but DUDE!!! make it a priority to get your phone safe asap, theres some hardcore shit on it im sure and you wouldnt want that phone in the wrong hands.

Peace

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
this makes me think back in the day I used to work for a rental car company.

this cat returns a car. I knew he was cool, you can always just tell. so I go out to clean it up and get it ready for the next rental. my man had left two or three packs of prints (pictures that had been developed) and it was all shots of his grow room

now at that time I did not have a show but I was cool and called the cat and told him that I found something in the car, something that he may want back. went over to his house and he smoked me out gave him his pics and went on my way.

peace
jip

HellaFella420

Veteran
lmao that was a good post yo,i love the hamster idea....you think a fat kid with a hot dog hangin infront of him could power a few 1000's? :muahaha:
i didnt know free was ur lady bro,i will be shootin her some rep yo.
keep up the A+ work and the bomb sense of humor.
peace-T-

Nah, fat kids "gas" to early, you need a couple hungry-ass ethiopians, u know them marathon runner types....!

JustBlazed

Lapides,
I know I am a newb, but why did you opt not to use Mylar on your walls and ceiling instead of the Visqueen. I understand the Visqueen is more durable but should that matter for the walls and ceiling. I know you said you can not say how much weight you are planning to see from these rooms but could you give a rough estimate of a monthly yield.

boston

Lapides,
I know I am a newb, but why did you opt not to use Mylar on your walls and ceiling instead of the Visqueen. I understand the Visqueen is more durable but should that matter for the walls and ceiling. I know you said you can not say how much weight you are planning to see from these rooms but could you give a rough estimate of a monthly yield.

i will answer this
mylar sucks and Visqueen is more durable

mylar may be a bit more reflective but you endup replaceing it 2-3times maby more before you would replace Visqueen

now i will back off and let lap anwser you:joint:

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Visqueen is a type of plastic, usually "Panda Poly" which is black on one side, and white on the other. Mylar is a bitch to apply, especially in such a large place.

BTW this isn't for the "big time playas", but at the same time some of the questions that are being asked about basic things seem a little like asking a Master Swordsmith how to seam weld. Don't expect anyone to hold your hand.

Lap is here to share his grow, let him do it.

I'm gonna be pissed if this gets binned due to trolls.

Lapides

Veteran
Satisfied

Satisfied

Ok, I am finally satisfied with the first room. I want to get a co2 controller, rather than relying on the timer and formula that came with the regulator. Until I get a little more cash, what I have now will suffice.

Speaking of co2, I think I wasted almost, if not all, of it in my first 3 weeks. I noticed that I was getting negative pressure in the room because the walls and floor were all being sucked inward. So I re-did the spots where the ducting comes in and goes out. That did nothing. I was pissed because it took a little while to do. The only other place air could be sucked out was through my "sealed" hoods. Well, sure enough, that's where the air was escaping. I ran my lit lighter around the edges and noticed that the flame was being sucked into the seams around the hood. I had read before that this could happen with cheaper air-cooled hoods, but I thought mine were tight. Not so. So I sealed them all up with foil tape, and there is no more negative pressure.
picture.php

picture.php

Peat - if you're still watching, this is especially for you. You had questions about my irrigation. The stakes I use go right into the dirt, so there is little chance of the water pooling up on the surface due to hydrophobia. Hand watering gave me more problems with hydrophobia, I'd have to physically go in and break up the crusty top layer. But the water travels down these stakes and into the dirt. And yes, I use the ole lift the pot method to see if they need watering.
picture.php

connected to 1/2" flexi:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

connected to 1/2" cpvc
picture.php

It was getting very humid at night. It didn't stay warm enough in the room to keep the a/c running. So I ran out and got a 65 pint LG dehumidifier. Now the humidity is within the 55-62% range and I get about 2 gallons of almost-pure water every morning.

picture.php

I have the lights come on mid-morning. This weekend we had temps outside of over 90 degrees. Inside the grow, temps maxed out at 78 degrees. Seems like a hopeful preview of the hot summer months. I've always cringed when summertime comes around because of how hard it can be to keep the grow cool. Well, I think I am going to have a great, worry-free summer this summer. To be on the safe side, I am planning on insulating the walls and ceiling in the next month or so. It will have to be done by the winter time at the latest.

I'm sorry, but I absolutely have no time to field questions that have answers which are blatantly obvious or can be answered by conducting a simple search. Thanks to the other members that have taken their time to chime in and help them out.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by. Whenever something new gets added or done, I'll post it.

IKILL3RI

Looking Good

Looking Good

Ok, I am finally satisfied with the first room. I want to get a co2 controller, rather than relying on the timer and formula that came with the regulator. Until I get a little more cash, what I have now will suffice.

Speaking of co2, I think I wasted almost, if not all, of it in my first 3 weeks. I noticed that I was getting negative pressure in the room because the walls and floor were all being sucked inward. So I re-did the spots where the ducting comes in and goes out. That did nothing. I was pissed because it took a little while to do. The only other place air could be sucked out was through my "sealed" hoods. Well, sure enough, that's where the air was escaping. I ran my lit lighter around the edges and noticed that the flame was being sucked into the seams around the hood. I had read before that this could happen with cheaper air-cooled hoods, but I thought mine were tight. Not so. So I sealed them all up with foil tape, and there is no more negative pressure.
picture.php

picture.php

Peat - if you're still watching, this is especially for you. You had questions about my irrigation. The stakes I use go right into the dirt, so there is little chance of the water pooling up on the surface due to hydrophobia. Hand watering gave me more problems with hydrophobia, I'd have to physically go in and break up the crusty top layer. But the water travels down these stakes and into the dirt. And yes, I use the ole lift the pot method to see if they need watering.
picture.php

connected to 1/2" flexi:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

connected to 1/2" cpvc
picture.php

It was getting very humid at night. It didn't stay warm enough in the room to keep the a/c running. So I ran out and got a 65 pint LG dehumidifier. Now the humidity is within the 55-62% range and I get about 2 gallons of almost-pure water every morning.

picture.php

I have the lights come on mid-morning. This weekend we had temps outside of over 90 degrees. Inside the grow, temps maxed out at 78 degrees. Seems like a hopeful preview of the hot summer months. I've always cringed when summertime comes around because of how hard it can be to keep the grow cool. Well, I think I am going to have a great, worry-free summer this summer. To be on the safe side, I am planning on insulating the walls and ceiling in the next month or so. It will have to be done by the winter time at the latest.

I'm sorry, but I absolutely have no time to field questions that have answers which are blatantly obvious or can be answered by conducting a simple search. Thanks to the other members that have taken their time to chime in and help them out.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by. Whenever something new gets added or done, I'll post it.

Lapides

Looking good, Keep us updated with those plants too :D

Latest posts

Latest posts