What's new

puryifying oil?

relic1981

Veteran
interesting... i thought decarbed oil could take on the form of shwatter when heat purged. that said ive purged it so much i was afraid i was gona burn it (using a heat gun) but luckily i didnt and its way less runny now but nowhere near shatter. thanks everyone,hopefully a few more folks will chime in with that the do with their reclaimed oil...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'd say use it for what ever it's good enough for. if it tastes good dab it, if not make edibles or topical tinctures.

relic1981

Veteran
grow nerd, i cant believe your head is where it is.. pretty stinky up there huh? must be cool if he just throws his reclaim away... and your location is please dont ban me? speaks volumes of you. have you already been banned once? under what name? how bout a helpful answer? that may get you somewhere. heck you may even make a friend. (same goes for gry.)
remember GN, like you say, less talk more action

yeah i live in humboldt and im an expert in just about everything when i comes to cannabis. the only reason for this thread is that i was given about an oz of 5 y/o shatter and was hoping to make it better. not because i dont know how to make wax/shatter. i have plenty of those two and still have a few lbs of trim in the freezer. oh but wait i should be apologizing to you... just because i live in humboldt and i dont know everything, shame on me. (shit im a scientist when it comes to herb) there are 2 types of growers here. those that hide it and then those that dont. the open growers work togethher on perfecting things (all around) compared to someone who is in hiding about it have there grow book and thats it. its obviously better to have a free exchange of knowledge and ideas.
thats why these forums exist.. to teach and learn. i do my fair share of teaching so i deserve to be able to ask a question when something comes up that im not as knowledgeable about.

i think im just going to make capsules out of that old shatter and all the reclaim i have. seems like the easiest way to go. let me know if you have other ideas.

grow nerd

Veteran
No I'm just surprised you live in an area where cannabis should be wildly abundant and yet you are spending more time and resources trying to clean up reclaim when you could have fresh product instead for less time & money. Don't take it so personally.

Lono

I put about .5 in a cup and poured coffee on it. It resolved fairly well lol. Add some half and half and you're on your way to a good morning :)

Going to start making caps though. When I do, I'll probably make claim-caps.

relic1981

Veteran
No I'm just surprised you live in an area where cannabis should be wildly abundant and yet you are spending more time and resources trying to clean up reclaim when you could have fresh product instead for less time & money. Don't take it so personally.

i do live in a place where all things cannabis is abundant. if i didnt make my own i can get oz's of wax/shatter for a bit over 200. for the record i actually have spent very little time on this, just asking questions to see if i could make it better (and even though i live in a place where cannabis is everywhere, i dont like to waste.) i was hoping i could clean up the oil but now i think im just going to make edibles (capsules) out of it. and ask anyone im not quick to fly off the handle, it was your attitude and when someone judges me or anyone else, on the basis of where i live and one thread, its not cool. trust me its harder than you think to be a competitive grower in humboldt. im part of a family here, without which id get squeezed out. we set up these co-ops to help save the organic cannabis industry. organic growers tend to be on a smaller scale than commercial chemmy growers who have to sell their stuff for about a g. indoor organic, i do both inside and outside, brings in at least 2 times the amount of the chemmy counterparts. its these big commercial growers who mess it up for the rest of us. alot of the time its the mexican cartels doing things like growing on national park lands, shooting at anyone wwho may happen to unfortunatly stumble onto their spot, rerouting rivers and streams, leaky generators getting oil into the water source and adding fertilizer into the water source resulting in algae blooms and toxic habitat for numerous fish species. i say why not improve the earth while growing and get the best quality product possible while doing it.

grow nerd

Veteran
I think you forgot to mention what your favorite color is... just kidding. :D

Please don't get mad at me... :comfort:

woolybear

Veteran
let me get this straight - relic wants to turn dark hash oil made from 5-year old material into golden shatter.

1) why
2) why
3) older material makes dark concentrate. you wanting to turn this perfectly good oil into shatter, despite the fact that that is impossible without spending a lot of time and $$$, because marketing and hype tells you 'if it aint shatter it dont matter'

Best of luck

relic1981

Veteran
grow nerd were cool. its all good.

wooly bear, first of all i love your avitar... second, if you read the whole thread you would have seen that i decided to make capsules out of it because it is not even close to perfectly good shatter.

i didnt make this hash, and the friend who gave it to me was given a slab of it so he really dosnt know much either.. he claims its bho made without a filter (wtf) but it dosnt look or taste like any other bho had and ive made bunches of it. and as far as oxidation its as black in the middle as on the outside so i dont think thats oxidation but chlorophyll. so im not exactly how it was made. looks like iso shatter to me, lots of chlorfill in it,tastes like pooh, and thats what i was hypothetically trying to remove (the chlorophyll) .

you people are funny some times, i dont see how asking a question is seen as wasting time... greywolf did an entire article on this but thats cool its greywolf. http://skunkpharmresearch.com/getting-the-green-and-waxes-out-afterwards/ it saved me a whole lot of time by asking some basic questions and doing some of my own reasearch as well. before i asked any thing i tryd to clean up about an 8th of it and that was a waste of time. so i def agree that it would be wasting my time to continue trying, especially since now its fully decarbed and ready to put in capsules so i dont have to taste it. i may have to try that coffee hash oil mix until i get the potency straight. hopefully the coffee will cover up the flavor of this crappy shatter... i can get more of it for free so if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do with it let me know. i know there is no magic fix, unfortunatly. thanks everyone

I had some old bho gifted to me, about 3 oz's...it tasted like poop and it was brownish green. During the "im not gonna waste it" winterization the filter ripped and fooked the batch up. I was soo pissed i grabbed a brush and stained the deck with it. Soaked right in and when the alcohol evapped....waterproofed wood...cannastain. I wasn't sure of the quality of the source anyways and i too have freeserS full of trim and golden patties, so no real loss.

relic1981

Veteran
thats a really interesting, good idea.. i bet that will last years!it seems hopeless for this stuff i was given. who ever made it messed up real good. lol probably somebody's first batch or something. its just black as can be and tastes like crap. havent done it yet put im gonna put mine into capsules. that seems like the best way to enjoy it since dabbing is not an option with this stuff, so its on the back burner unless i get some really good advice (i think its to far gone to save or purify)

i just made a batch out of platinum gsc and it turned out really pale yellow/amber collered, i turned it into shatter and am quite happy with it, cant wait to make more of it. perfect consistancy and it tastes great. total opposite of that free stuff which is black (really dark green) and tastes horrific.im def lucky to have a alot of trim to work with, will definitely keep me in oil till the outdoor comes in. then its wax city.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts