What's new

PURPUREA TICINENSIS

cannanaut

Here is my little pregnant PurpureaT(last plant, left corner). :) Will make some better pics later. Had one male PT which is down now, SWT#4 male left. Male PT was reeking of citrusy-cola kind of artifical smell. Little female PT smells like grapes, very sweet.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Now that is a very purple strain indeed. Great pics! Thank you all for sharing this...

This is the PT I grew this year on my balcony. The fresh smell was very melon-y, after curing it smells more woody/peppery/spicy.
But when you break it up it explodes in notes of citrus and spices:yummy:.

Too bad it didn't purple very much, but I made some crosses anyway:)
I'm especially excited to see what comes out of the cross I made between PT and another old swiss variety I found in a garden of a university:whee:

picture.php

picture.php

doesnt cannabiogen have erdpurt?? i dont recall seeing any of them in the thread, maybe i overlooked... all the plants look great though, how does the resistance stack up against a afghan#1 or a hollands hope??

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
anyone else try out some of the apollo 11 x erdpurt beans that were made? I only ran em once indoors, was wondering how theyd hold up at 45N with 20 degree daily temp fluctuations.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Esbe is tha man

Esben is indeed the man.....and a great fookin person to!....
gata get some of his work in my dirt....gata say I been hording them in my vault of treasure.....but soon my bradda...very soon!...
FOE20
--------------------------
ErdPurT (f.?) -the originals
Royal Dane Sativa
Phils ErdPurT x Eroc/DP 2007
Eroc/DP/DC x B3n7ErudPurT
DChunk x ERoc/DPassion
Cheese(UK)/DP x Bb3n7ErudPurT/RD
Cheese/ErdPurT x b3n7ErudPurT

Randy Lahey

Where in the FUCK is Purpurea Ticinensis and Erdpurt?

Where in the FUCK is Purpurea Ticinensis and Erdpurt?

Can anyone help me to find seeds of this magnificent strain!? From what I can tell it's only in Europe and available thru close connections. I'm looking for Purpurea Ticinensis and Erdpurt both, to reproduce a LARGE seed bank of both for the preservation in pure form. This way, people in the future may be able to use these varieties to make crosses or obtain and grow the original genetics easier and internationally more vast.

As far as I know the original PT is pretty much lost due to raids and so on.

The seeds that are now available trough some seedbanks in EU (and the ones I've grown) are probably the result of some cross.
I think somebody already mentioned it in this thread.
It's still a very sturdy and vital plant that produces a really nice daytime smoke but it has lost the beautiful stem color and probably some other traits.

Here's a picture of a Unknown X PT I grew last summer. My PTs never turned this purple.

picture.php

Randy Lahey

Waldgärtner's Purpurea Ticinensis

Waldgärtner's Purpurea Ticinensis

As far as I know the original PT is pretty much lost due to raids and so on.

The seeds that are now available trough some seedbanks in EU (and the ones I've grown) are probably the result of some cross.
I think somebody already mentioned it in this thread.
It's still a very sturdy and vital plant that produces a really nice daytime smoke but it has lost the beautiful stem color and probably some other traits.

Here's a picture of a Unknown X PT I grew last summer. My PTs never turned this purple.

View Image

So beautiful....So jealous haha and soooo almost got banned over commenting on ur awesome cross man!!! :plant grow: Me wants!!!

Chomba64

Veteran
I plan to bulk my original P.T. this season. Great plant finished here Sept 15th with great mold resistance...These came from Felix/Owl direct..

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Can anyone help me to find seeds of this magnificent strain!? From what I can tell it's only in Europe and available thru close connections. I'm looking for Purpurea Ticinensis and Erdpurt both, to reproduce a LARGE seed bank of both for the preservation in pure form. This way, people in the future may be able to use these varieties to make crosses or obtain and grow the original genetics easier and internationally more vast.
United Seedbanks has Purpurea Ticinensis (under Owl's Swiss Seeds and Helvetic Seeds); according to some other posts here on ICMag it is no more the original strain but some sort of hybrid. Rumour has it that the original strain lives on in Eastern Europe (can't recall the user, but he posted quite a few lovely pics of his PT's).
Helvetic Seeds has also Erdbeer as Fem seeds, the other ingredient used to make ErdPurt. Well, it's the 'Jurabeeri' selection of the Original Erdbeer which seems really extinct...
ErdPurt got kicked out by ACE recently; you might still find remainders on some seed banks though.