What's new

purps micro budmachine

Ash J. Williams

Dude, your carbon filter is way too big.try making a puck to go directly behind your exhaust fan. you will gain mucho floorspace and still be stink free. Take that hardware cloth, cut a 1.5"strip out of it, make a donut, and fill the sucker with carbon.

Dude, your carbon filter is way too big.try making a puck to go directly behind your exhaust fan. you will gain mucho floorspace and still be stink free. Take that hardware cloth, cut a 1.5"strip out of it, make a donut, and fill the sucker with carbon.

little confused by what you are tryin to suggest here..so basically your sayin keep it like it is but only make it 1.5" in depth???if so then i want to ask why because it is only 5" in depth and most people here wouldnt even suggest makin it that short because shorter=more restriction on fan which=less ventilation..any thoughts

Ash J. Williams

Exactly. How many cubic feet do you have to ventilate? Looks like maybe two at most. Twenty cfm would still exchange the air ten times per minute, or every six seconds your box has new cool air inside. Your space is very small, and the size of the carbon filter you have would work in fifteen cubic feet or more. Just trying to save some floorspace. If your fan has any static pressure capacity, you would not lose enough cfm's to make it fail. I would put a layer of 1/4" polyfil then maybe an inch of carbon, followed by another layer of polyfil. mock it up before mounting and see if it moves air through the filter.

im actually working with a little less than 1 cubic foot..so with the scrubber only 1.5" in depth there would be enough carbon surface(1") to eliminate all odor??

Ash J. Williams

I would say it is possible, yes. You might need to slow the fan down if it is moving too much air, that would be the only problem i see. If the fan moves the air too fast, it will not get fully scrubbed. I think the very small size of your grow should be used to your advantage, so keep in mind the scale on which you are operating. I am currently trying to design and build a much smaller grow box than my current one, so I will do something very similar in the near future. BTW, where did you get those mini darkroom vents, those are ubercool.

Ash J. Williams

You could do an experiment to see if the odor is removed by setting up your speaker, putting a burning cigarette (yuk) inside, and turn it on. Any smell? If so, make the carbon a bit thicker or slow down the fan.

i got the darkroom louvers off the internet..do a search for "midget darkroom louver" on google and you should have a few vendors to choose from...and thanks for your help man..the reason i added the bigger fan in the beggining was to keep temps in line so hopefully i wont have to slow the fan down too much..i might just go 2.5 inches to be on the safe side..2 inches of carbon and 1/4 inch of polyfill on both sides..i will do the cig test to make sure but first...i need to find a material to use as end caps to my scrubber

thats the problem here though..the damn hardware cloth is so hard to work with..especially to trry and cut a circle from because the edges wont match up

Latest posts

Latest posts