What's new

purple urkle vs gdp....which do you prefer?

purple urkle vs gdp....which do you prefer?

• Purple Urkle

Votes: 84 61.3%
  • Grand Daddy Purple

Votes: 53 38.7%

• Total voters

Relentless

Veteran
urkle any day over any gdp.. ive tried a lot of purps, and my purp keepers are purp d and purp urkle.. maybe black rose x dpd, we shall see.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not attempting to stir things up...this was always a touchy subject...even back in the day.

Ken's was urkle x big bud...

GDP (original) is what? I suppose I should realize that all folks mean ken's.

If anyone can provide insight on a old clone or perhaps it was a forum handle - "Norcal BillyBob" - now called "Ken's Father". This cut was provided me by accident and I have been tracking its origins. From what is certain, this is an original "GDP" cut, pre-Ken Estes. That would mean it is a cut "gross domestic product"...if people remember that tag from OvG, the namesake was because it was herb good enough the economy could be based on it alone...ie "GDP". It wasn't until a knock off new herb being called "GDP" was going around. This new "GDP" purpled more and yielded heavier...and people got annoyed because the "gross domestic" name got dragged in the mud as people began to think it was a reference to high yield rather than a tribute to superior quality...then came the "Ken's" distinction to calm the seas...

Anyone else remember this? Or have info on the above?

And in thinking, folks went back to the oruginal plant to make more purple hybrids to dethrone the bastard GDP and take back a "stolen market"...thus all the purps that flooded an the shared heritage...

Anyone?

dank.Frank

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Isn't GDP, Purple Urkle x Big Bud? I've got a bro rooting me some Purple Urkle as I type, can't wait to run her.

^ that's what i've always thought. looks like that is what ken's gdp is, but there was an original gdp that may have been something else. seems to be the debate that's going on. read through this thread, pretty interesting stuff.

BongRipkenJR.

The old ass cut of GDP i had(pre2003 cut) was fire! The outdoor looked like indoor, but just green. The indoor that the people up the hill ran looked just like the GDP i see everyday. Honestly I see no distinction between Ken's GDP and a GDP cut I know was copped around 2000.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I always thought that GDP was Urkle crossed to big bud but I have heard of 2 cuts. The royal and anotherI cant remember. Ken's cut is a relatively new deal from what I know. He is known in the community for his efforts but the GDP cuts he is hawking I never heard of until a few years ago. And once and for all people if its not dark purple and crsytally as coke heads mirror, its not GDP!!!! GDP is dark stankie and narcotic. Urkle is a little better but smaller in the nugs and production, but if given a choice of which to grow I would take the GDP every time. Both are always in the stable but the GDP gets run a lil more! Both great imho!!!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't want a debate...but I swear that is the way it all played out...or as best I remember. Ken was dogged like Sub_cool for a period over "his" "new" "creation"..it was always considered a fuzzy at best lineage as I recall...and in time urkle x big bud became "common knowledge “..

dank.Frank

Last edited:

K1ndBudz

There are so many subpar cuts that just get labeled as "kens GDP", "Grand daddy", "GDP", ect floating around the bay area its not even funny.

I have a buddy who regularly goes through the trouble of running locally collected purples to run side by side against the current favorite just to stay on top of the game.

He likes his current gdp, it marbles purple over light green and gets nice and dense but doesn't get near as dark as mine. Nose aint as noice either :2cents:.

to be fair though he is the only person I have ever met who will debate with me for hours over the slight differences found amongst the various individual cuts who seem to belong to a shared "Cali Purple" family...

Mia

I think the other cut you might be referring to is the "apothecary" cut.
i have Ken's cut from his own club(seeds as well) and I really don't know the difference bewtween it and other cuts I've had although I haven't tried to super analyze it or anything. They all kind of look similar. lol
I 've been around and i myself don't really know the lineage although conventional wisdom in my circles and what I always heard was that it was salmon creek big bud x purple urkle.
Remember having some of that salmon creek run through my hands years back it was nice, not at all the big bud weak potency connotation you usually associate with BB.
SmokeTrees and highersolutions are just egging me to post a pic of some GDP, have to take one in the ole garden tonite......:)

Highersolutions

Veteran
Pictures pictures pictures! :)

Urkle all day!!!

picture.php

picture.php

a couple from page one

:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think so. Still don't agree with that.

the Ken Father Clone aka Norcal BillyBob's ORIGINAL "GDP" aka Gross Domestic Product

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the heavily disputed female that would have been S1'ed to make Ken's. I don't think that Urkle and GDP are related, truth be told.

And I'd take THIS GDP - errr the real one - any day....

dank.Frank

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
growing some Erkle right now, man the fucker grows hella slow!!!!

seriously though... I always kick myself whenever i recycle a mom of her, cause it takes fucking FOREVER before the new clone becomes big enough to take lots of cuts off

Mia

Yep.
God's gift is about the same. Sitting on a bunch of those at the moment.....
Headstash for sure though.
I know pics are owed, the'yre coming.....

Latest posts

Latest posts