What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Peace (Manali genetics)

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Good evening icmag, long time no see, I hope you are having a great one out there

Let's dive right into it!
I want to show you a special lady, of Kullu Manali heritage, bred with the Dutch Viking - Purple Peace!

1st quality resin maker, I believe I can sense the ages of selections that were put into the Manali, excellent wide spectrum of scents and flavors.

Smell = red roses, sweet berries like cherry, strawberry, plum, mint/eucalyptus/pine, earth, woods, chocolate/cacao, very very complex

Taste = more or less like scent, only darker, spicy, cacaoish, with some berry sweetness

Effect = very heady at first, then levels out after 30-40 minutes or so, to a more relaxed state, still exiting in the head, not boring at all, spacy, little electric/trippy, but it's nice!

Really great plant, grew easily, yielded a bunch - probably 200-400g.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Wow that is a stunning flower! The deep purple contrasts with the orange hairs beautifully!

The strain sounds amazing. Nice grow friend!

JAWS

really beautiful genetic color, but i hate the structure..

this piece needs to be breed with something more indica for-sure..

humm :biggrin:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Thanks Lester, Fire and JAWS! Much appreciated ��

Yup, true purple, not cold induced, can't really remember when the color came through, but it was early on.

The structure is no hard nugget hashplant for sure, it's bred like this so you can touch all the calyxes for Cream making/charas, and because rain can roll easier off it, and air can pass through the flowers, drying them, she's probably the most mold/PM resistant I've tried, very impressive to me. Those buds were even more triched out, nearly all white, but it rained the day before shooting the pictures, washed some off unfortunately. But still it was great! ☺️

JAWS

ya again i really like the color on this piece, fist sized nugs with trich and that color could be very impressive for-sure..

not much of a sat grower, love to smoke the sats but i just hate growing them is all.

beautiful :biggrin:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I'm glad you enjoy it, it was a fascinating plant for sure, I trained it quite a bit, using bricks to hold her down, if I hadn't topped and crushed branches she would have gotten at least 2,5 meters/7 feet
It was a fun challenge, and the plant didn't seem to mind at all, very responsive.

I bet the flowers would get pretty dense indoors, I harvested it a little too early because of rainy forecasts, and was actually dense in some places, it didn't get enough sun.

I can see how in an indoor setup stretchy tropicals would be a problem. Or a challenge at least. ACE got a couple nice low stretch heady genetics, Banghi Haze for example and Nepalese Jam which is awesome - most SSH got some nicely structured phenos, La Niña/Alaskan Ice/Moby Dick (White Widow x Haze IBL) plants stays pretty low too, Skunk #1 hight or so.

Here you can really see how it was trained, fairly even canopy, she would have been a mountain monster if let to her self ��stretching towards them rays! Those colas got top-heavy, droopy and floppy later on
picture.php

Probably a outdoor White Widow hybrid - here's chunky, dense bud(at least late in flower), it was nice smoke, fairly strong, not overly
picture.php

picture.php

Kush_Kloud

Looks real nice! Where can I buy some of these seeds at? Also how strong is the red rose smell? I'm very interested in the more floral spectrum of cannabis.

KK

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Thank you.

As far as I know seeds are not available anywhere. I got these from a danish seedbank years ago. Some collectors might have some, I know G.A. from the Dutch section loves Purple Peace too, he might know something. I do have some seeds this lady made, but I'm uncertain of the father, I hope it was the very stinky/skunky Hindu Kush males...but could be another one, maybe a Lowryder #2, Purpurea Ticinencis or some oldskool pot (afghani/thai/lumbo/moroccan), didn't label unfortunately.

The rose scent are pretty pronounced, accompanied by minty, cacao, berry sweetness. If you really want floral stuff DJS and Chimera are some of best, Shorts' Flo especially, and Chimera's Mental Floss.

I Had some purple diesel the other day that reminded me of Purple Passion which I used to love. Sativa dominant, good daytime smoke(not over powering), plum/earthy/lemon smell to it

Asentrouw

I'm looking for oldschool outdoor strains like these ('80s/'90s), which are suitable for northern climates.

Somebody happen to know if Purple Peace is still available somewhere?

I know some Danish seedbanks used to sell this one, but most seem out of bussiness now.

Latest posts

Latest posts