What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple/Mossy's Jem!!

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The gems suck compared to newer strains. It's airy and not very potent. Canned abyss' Spyder and all of Sweet seeds purple strains are a 10x better purple strains.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Yep, Purple Jem, not worth growing. Unless u just want nice looking purple buds. The potency is really a downer with the strain. Tried it once a couple of summers ago and won't grow it again.

Mr.P

Woah woah woah guys, guys... I've grown purple jems for the last 4 years on a continual basis and have bred them with 4 different higher potency strains like white widow. They're all on 5th generations from these mothers, which I've been able to achieve the purple pheno in 2 of the strains. Saying they aren't worth growing is not seeing the potential. I mean if you want to grow one plant and have instant results that's one thing, but if you're into creating something that's another. I agree the strain was airy when first put out by the joint Doctor forever ago, but I'm talking about 4 strains and 5 generations later. All AF riders 6 years ago weren't worth growing! But look where we are now! Shame, nay Sayers.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
The gems suck compared to newer strains. It's airy and not very potent. Canned abyss' Spyder and all of Sweet seeds purple strains are a 10x better purple strains.

Respect to you, BadTicket, and AridBud :tiphat:

I agree, Mossy's JEM isn't a daywrecker or 'knock you on your ass' smoke for me.

Its not always about potency for everyone :joint:

Mossy's JEM is great daytime smoke for me. It probably affects everyone differently, but I get a nice mellow laughy, smiley, talkative, and creative buzz. Gives me that little bit of energy and makes me want to go out and do things.

I get anywhere from 15-40g per plant in soil, inside or out. The purple phenos will purple even in hot conditions.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typically "colored" strains lack potency and height. It's an ok strain....there's soooo many other out there that outshines. That's all I was indicating.

To each their own. And yes, breeding with different strain will amp it up- KUDOS, First
Tracks.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Woah woah woah guys, guys... I've grown purple jems for the last 4 years on a continual basis and have bred them with 4 different higher potency strains like white widow. They're all on 5th generations from these mothers, which I've been able to achieve the purple pheno in 2 of the strains. Saying they aren't worth growing is not seeing the potential. I mean if you want to grow one plant and have instant results that's one thing, but if you're into creating something that's another. I agree the strain was airy when first put out by the joint Doctor forever ago, but I'm talking about 4 strains and 5 generations later. All AF riders 6 years ago weren't worth growing! But look where we are now! Shame, nay Sayers.

Yea, if u'r up to challenge, be my guest :) But i figured there's better stuff to begin and work with. I still stand by what i said earlier, but that's just like, my opinion or whatever, mang.

Not to be all negative, here's a couple o PJ pix from 2012 OD, 60 North.

picture.php

picture.php

Sure do grow purdy widdem colors :tiphat: Don't remember how long they've been flowering here, i'd say about half way or so..

Some seed sites say purple jems is a low odour strain, just wondering if anyone can comment on that. I'm looking for a low odour auto flower. last couple of years i had lowryder deisel but they were quite stinky.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some seed sites say purple jems is a low odour strain, just wondering if anyone can comment on that. I'm looking for a low odour auto flower. last couple of years i had lowryder deisel but they were quite stinky.

Comparatively, yes. Don't grow Skunk, Diesel hybrids (autos) if smell is a concern (indoors). Jack and Haze strains, less pungent.

agito

Auto extreme smells like soap pretty stealthy you will probs find Jem's if like my other purps not low odour but floral vs typical mj smell