What's new

purple haze x killer malawi and friends

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
woohoo- 3 weeks in and first flower pics. of my 3 plants this has the biggest buds and the easiest to get to. the stretch seems to have slowed or stopped. went from 26" to 40".

Tangwena

Veteran
Wow makes me want to dive right in. lovely job, they are going to have massive buds I can feel it.
Dont mind me, I am just flying on some QWISO malawi oil. I can walk through walls, why go round isn't it.
Envious as hell mine are so far behind it will be 5 months before I see that.
Go go for it mate, I can smell them now.
Tangwena

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great job jammie :) Your purple haze malawi bushes are going to explode in the upcoming months! Thanks for the updates!

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
damn- this ace post is so popular that if ya don't post for a week or so, ya have to go to page 2. i pulled the girls out for a solution change. its been 3 weeks since the last change up and i've been on vacation for a week so i couldn't believe the changes. my house sitting buddy did an a+ job. i had to trim a ton of sucker branches out of the middle and lower area. i hope this don't stress'm too much. hope dubi, terp or UR can jump in with an opinion on how much to cut out. hope to have some pics up later.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
i'm having to add solution every day because the roots take up the entire 5 gallon bucket

Tangwena

Veteran
Wow Jammie super impressed they are booming, love the root shots. You are doing a great job mate.
Tangwena

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
damn- this ace post is so popular that if ya don't post for a week or so, ya have to go to page 2. i pulled the girls out for a solution change. its been 3 weeks since the last change up and i've been on vacation for a week so i couldn't believe the changes. my house sitting buddy did an a+ job. i had to trim a ton of sucker branches out of the middle and lower area. i hope this don't stress'm too much. hope dubi, terp or UR can jump in with an opinion on how much to cut out. hope to have some pics up later.

Awesome series of posts is awesome. ;)

Great root development, glad to hear/see they're do so well. I wouldn't worry too much about stress via cutting off the lower ish off, those things are established bushes now. You may want to go to even larger containers, I know dirt is different than hydro - but if they're sucking nutes out that quickly, it may be time to consider even more room. Mine all stretched for about 6-8 weeks, so you may only be 3/4 done with the "now where the hell does this branch go" portion of flowering.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
about 2 weeks into 12/12, changed over to flower nutes and hps lamp,View Image View Image so i decided to grab some pics. gotta love hydro- these stalks are huge!
that's some nice looking girls, very 'robust'! great job.. this pic shows the root ball you had at 12/12 switch? they were 36" a few days before, did they go to 40" at bloom? that is some rootball! scarin' me a little, with limited head room, 7' tent and only 3.5gallon pots, I'm going to have to bloom clones at 6 inches or it could get unmanageable. thanks for the frame of reference. Cant wait to see your outcome.:tiphat:

Last edited:

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
hey snook- ya i was a little cocky and thought i could completely control stretch through topping, tie downs, pruning and supercropping. it seems i was wrong. or at least partially- if i hadn't done the bending they would be to the ceiling but i was hoping to keep them smaller so i can get a higher watt per sq foot. right now i'm at about 45watts and i know sativas do their best around 60 or so.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jammie,

I think the way you cut the lower stems is very correct, now the plants can focus all their energies in the upper main stems that receive more light. With such healthy roots and healthy growth i'm sure the are going to explode in the next weeks. Thanks for the updates!

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
damn this weather sucks. my night temps in the basement grow area is dropping into the low 50's, my bucket temps are 62 and i'm fighting to keep the humidity from dropping below 35%. i'm seeing some yellowing and curling on the top leaves and the bud growth has definitely slowed. will be doing a nute change out this weekend so i should have some new pics up then.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
damn this weather sucks. my night temps in the basement grow area is dropping into the low 50's, my bucket temps are 62 and i'm fighting to keep the humidity from dropping below 35%. i'm seeing some yellowing and curling on the top leaves and the bud growth has definitely slowed. will be doing a nute change out this weekend so i should have some new pics up then.
heater & humidifier, no?

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
i'm having to add solution every day because the roots take up the entire 5 gallon bucket

hey bro i had the same problem with you..my malawi plant
it became so big SO i changed the 20 litre bucket with the bigger one
and i have some hopes now..
btw great plants old friend jammie:huggg:

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
hey snook- if only it was that easy. my basement is fairly large with poor insulation. my "farm" is in a sectioned off part with the furnace and hot h2o heater. everytime the furnace comes on, it sucks all the heat and humidity right out of the room. during the day when my 1k is on the temp holds around 75. at night, even with a heater going, the temp is only 50ish. i have 3 humidifiers going 24/7 but the dry gas heat sucks that right up.

DJXX

Veteran
Dayummmmm...thats sativa at its best....stellar work my brotha...respect..DJ

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Jammie looks like its gunna get FAT soon, you are a master blaster mate.
Tangwena

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
hey snook- if only it was that easy. my basement is fairly large with poor insulation. my "farm" is in a sectioned off part with the furnace and hot h2o heater. everytime the furnace comes on, it sucks all the heat and humidity right out of the room. during the day when my 1k is on the temp holds around 75. at night, even with a heater going, the temp is only 50ish. i have 3 humidifiers going 24/7 but the dry gas heat sucks that right up.

are your humidifiers like one of these?
http://hydrofogger.com/

http://www.ecogrow.com/commercial-grade-humidifier-p-865.html

they have an external water supply feed they put out so much water.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
hey snook- that hydrofogger looks asskicker. my ghetto diy fogger uses a 5 disc fogger in a 5 gallon bucket. it puts out close to 4-5 gallons over 24hrs and is usually more than enough except when then outside temps are in single digits and the gas furnace come on every 20 mins.