What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Honduras

Kaskadian

Veteran
Oh, what's your night time low temperatures? Curious if the purps will come out...

I'll try to get some better pictures for you broski, but you can kinda see the purple/reddish hues coming through. I'm noticing it more on one particular plant. It's not uniform across all three. It's slowly spreading but my night temps aren't very low so I'm not sure to what extent these colors will come out.

picture.php

Sticky Sat

Hi Kaskadian !

Thanks a lot for the great pics of your indeed gorgeous babes ! :)

I said it already but it's such a treat for our eyes that you could be ophtalmologist for sativa lovers... ;-)

Would it please be possible to know more about the guide to insert photos you're talking about ?

PotheadAgent very kindly explained to me how to do it through the album but I've posted a few this way and they're just a disgrace compared to how they look on my pc.
Being a newbie I can't PM him and hate to spoil other people's threads with that kind of stuff...

Many thanks in advance

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hi Kaskadian !

Thanks a lot for the great pics of your indeed gorgeous babes ! :)

I said it already but it's such a treat for our eyes that you could be ophtalmologist for sativa lovers... ;-)

Would it please be possible to know more about the guide to insert photos you're talking about ?

PotheadAgent very kindly explained to me how to do it through the album but I've posted a few this way and they're just a disgrace compared to how they look on my pc.
Being a newbie I can't PM him and hate to spoil other people's threads with that kind of stuff...

Many thanks in advance

You're too kind my friend! I'm still an amateur with these tropical sativas, any success I have with these goes to the fellas here who've provided lots of insight into their growing methods.

Here is the guide for inserting photos,
it's in Mr. Farmerlion's thread and Repuk was kind enough to post his guide for inserting photos. It starts at post #24.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351512&page=3

You will need to upload your photos before you can insert them. Click your username on the top right of the page, click my albums, create an album and start uploading. :)

Spaventa

Veteran
This is one of the more unruly gals! She was only topped once, but had she not been topped she would have overgrown my space quickly! These sativas are a joy to grow; very exciting!

This was vegged for 18 days from seed before flipping. DO NOT WAIT to get these girls flowering if you have limited space! :biggrin: I'm about 1.93m|193cm|6'3" and this gal is nearly as tall as me with minimal veg time prior to flipping. Listen to Master Dubi and get these girls flowering almost immediately! This was done in approximately 2 gallons of coco.

View Image

Dude I let my Purple Haze x Malawi get out of control a fews years ago. I basically moved the light to side light it to finish or it would have been burned to shit. It ended up over 6 and half feet after 3 weeks veg and 16 weeks 12/12. I should have taken it at 15, 14 even. Temps were high too which caused it. I later found my ph meter was out by miles so yeah... glad I wasn't running a grow diary with dubi watching lol

In my defence, it was my first time at such a monster. The P haze is extreme anyway for indoor but with the malawi, it needs a lot of room.
I have more seeds for a second go. I went over to climate controlled fans and CMH lights so temps are always perfect now. I also check my meter more regularly lol

Anyways, your girls have nice buds. They will need support soon :)

Sticky Sat

Many thanks brother ! And also many thanks to Farmerlion and Repuk !
When it comes to dealing with computers and such related stuff, old newbies like me are the worst pheno ;-)

Kaskadian

Veteran
Dude I let my Purple Haze x Malawi get out of control a fews years ago. I basically moved the light to side light it to finish or it would have been burned to shit. It ended up over 6 and half feet after 3 weeks veg and 16 weeks 12/12. I should have taken it at 15, 14 even. Temps were high too which caused it. I later found my ph meter was out by miles so yeah... glad I wasn't running a grow diary with dubi watching lol

In my defence, it was my first time at such a monster. The P haze is extreme anyway for indoor but with the malawi, it needs a lot of room.
I have more seeds for a second go. I went over to climate controlled fans and CMH lights so temps are always perfect now. I also check my meter more regularly lol

Anyways, your girls have nice buds. They will need support soon :)

MAN! I can imagine how crazy that was. I honestly never expected a stretch like this (my light is literally attached to the top of the tent -- I had to remove the pulleys). Another week of veg and I would have been in serious trouble. Towards the end of stretch I was definitely starting to sweat a bit. I'm at max height now and I have to arrange the plants in such a way that prevents the tallest plants from touching the glass on my reflector.

I'm sure it was a combination of things, but do you think running tropical sativas on 12/12 contributed to the stretch? All of your work that I've seen has been absolutely stellar! You've got a really nice dialed in setup and you're definitely doing a great job keeping the monsters under control. I think we each learn a lot each time we grow these strains. I know now that I'll be doing certain things differently the next time I run a tropical sativa.

Thanks for stopping by man! You're right about the support. I need to get some stakes in there and start doing some work. They bend and flex like crazy when I'm moving them.

Many thanks brother ! And also many thanks to Farmerlion and Repuk !
When it comes to dealing with computers and such related stuff, old newbies like me are the worst pheno ;-)

Happy to help! :D Before Repuk's guide I was wasting time uploading to photobucket, so I'm in the same boat. We learn together.

jonhova

This is one of the more unruly gals! She was only topped once, but had she not been topped she would have overgrown my space quickly! These sativas are a joy to grow; very exciting!

This was vegged for 18 days from seed before flipping. DO NOT WAIT to get these girls flowering if you have limited space! :biggrin: I'm about 1.93m|193cm|6'3" and this gal is nearly as tall as me with minimal veg time prior to flipping. Listen to Master Dubi and get these girls flowering almost immediately! This was done in approximately 2 gallons of coco.

View Image

Wow the stretch is real. Im at day 42 flower and it’s still growing!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Wow the stretch is real. Im at day 42 flower and it’s still growing!

You should be nearly done brother! These stretched for just about exactly 6 weeks. You’ve done a wonderful job training/controlling your plants. Really excited to see what you end up with out of your tropical mix. :)

Spaventa

Veteran
Ok, if you hit the roof of the tent you can cut/remove the floor panel/ground sheet and raise the tent by sitting it on something and covering the gap you opened at the bottom with some plastic sheeting . You could make a sturdy plinth from 4 prices of ply joined to make a square that would do the job in one. This is my insurance policy but I hope I won’t need it. My main strategies to control height are zero veg, moderate nutrients until peak flower, topping and pinching out.
Other thing is cool temps, they stay shorter I’m convinced. Well we all know heat stress causes stretch so cool temps do the opposite. Yep moderate nutes and temps until they are over the stretch helps a lot

jonhova

Supercropping works great. I dont think id ever poke holes in my cab/tent to extend the height. He seems like he has the stretch managed though. :rasta:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ok, if you hit the roof of the tent you can cut/remove the floor panel/ground sheet and raise the tent by sitting it on something and covering the gap you opened at the bottom with some plastic sheeting . You could make a sturdy plinth from 4 prices of ply joined to make a square that would do the job in one. This is my insurance policy but I hope I won’t need it. My main strategies to control height are zero veg, moderate nutrients until peak flower, topping and pinching out.
Other thing is cool temps, they stay shorter I’m convinced. Well we all know heat stress causes stretch so cool temps do the opposite. Yep moderate nutes and temps until they are over the stretch helps a lot

Thankfully I haven't had to hack up the tent yet, but it's a good last resort option. My darling wife said I could use $5000 from our tax return to work on constructing the new grow area so I'm hoping this will be less of an issue soon enough. I'm going to use your advice and go zero veg next time around. I've been keeping N low, temps are decent but next time I'll be topping and pinching for those first few weeks of the stretch.

Cheers bro and thanks your sharing your wisdom!

Supercropping works great. I dont think id ever poke holes in my cab/tent to extend the height. He seems like he has the stretch managed though. :rasta:

Thankfully I survived stretch! Next tropical sativa is going right into 11/13 from the get go. If I run cuts of these gals again they'll be going into 11/13 after a few days post-transplant.

Spaventa

Veteran
I dont think id ever poke holes in my cab/tent to extend the height.

"Poke holes" ? no mate, me neither, thats sounds crazy.
Just cut the bottom out neatly with a craft knife if you have to, as a last resort, to save a grow. a few bits of wood and ta da, you have no height issue.

Sticky Sat

Can't wait for next week's pics Kaskadian, not mentioning the smoke report to come in a few more... ;-) I wonder what they smell like... I've smelled lots of strains but i've been surprised by the scent of the pollinated Bangi Haze. It's mainly like wild basilic but with floral and undefinable red fruit undertones.

Peace to all :)

Kaskadian

Veteran
Can't wait for next week's pics Kaskadian, not mentioning the smoke report to come in a few more... ;-) I wonder what they smell like... I've smelled lots of strains but i've been surprised by the scent of the pollinated Bangi Haze. It's mainly like wild basilic but with floral and undefinable red fruit undertones.

Peace to all :)

Thanks brother! I'm loving the pictures you've been sharing. You need to get a proper thread so we can all watch your nice outdoor tropical show.

I'm getting the aroma of fruit, sage, spice, wood (cedar), and garlic! :D

Kaskadian are you gong to cob some ?

Most definitely man!

I'll be doing only the smaller buds in the cobs though. This isn't because I don't respect the method, but I don't want to risk my colas on a method I've never tried before. I'd just about have a heart attack if I spent 5 months growing these gals only to mess up all my flower because of my inexperience making cobs. :laughing:

Sticky Sat

Thanks brother! I'm loving the pictures you've been sharing. You need to get a proper thread so we can all watch your nice outdoor tropical show.

It's too kind of you :) Maybe I'll do it with the seeds from the crosses with the Bangi Haze... ;-) It's just too bad that tropics receive lots of rain and we sure had our share of it these last years...

I'm getting the aroma of fruit, sage, spice, wood (cedar), and garlic!

I'm already drooling :) You'll have to let it sit a while though before the smoke report...
Well, maybe you can make 2 reports... ;-)

Have nice week brother ! :)

Kaskadian

Veteran
Getting ready to start making new clones off this... I left them in the cloner for a bit to long!

Attachments

• IMG_8413.JPG
    IMG_8413.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8409.jpg
    IMG_8409.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8416.jpg
    IMG_8416.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 18

Kaskadian

Veteran