What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple glass curing

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard of those new purple glass containers that are hyped to be the best thing for curing ? HAs anyone tried them ? Some feedback ? Thanks a lot.
Good question friend, you got me interested. What new purple glass containers are you talking about? Is there any way you can post a photo so we can see what you are talking about? Sounds cool.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard of those new purple glass containers that are hyped to be the best thing for curing ? HAs anyone tried them ? Some feedback ? Thanks a lot.
If you really like the colour purple then smashing! But otherwise, it’s a coloured jar and nothing special is going to happen. Use mason jars and keep them in a cool dark place. Only reason they’re pushing the purple is because you could leave it out and it’s somewhat covered by the dark tinting on the glass. All in all it’s a gimmick

Last edited:

420PyRoS

If you really like the colour purple then smashing! But otherwise, it’s a colored jar and nothing special is going to happen. Use mason jars and keep them in a cool dark place. Only reason they’re pushing the purple is because you could leave it out and it’s somewhat covered by the dark tinting on the glass. All in all it’s a gimmick
What this fella said.

Just store in dark cool place.

goingrey

Interesting, their claim is that unlike the green/brown used for beer bottles, their purple glass is different because it lets UVA pass. And UVA has antimicrobial qualities and so on.

The only problem is, you would have to store your jars in direct sunlight. :D Well under some UVA light source.

Kind of a gimmick. But looks pretty cool. 20e on Amazon for a liter jar, not too bad for a cool look I suppose.

Cheech87

Yes that's the one ! So you're saying it does have some protection but otherwise overblown ?
Yes the jars are good if you have them in a place with light otherwise it doesn't really change anything they are a bit thicker than normal mason jars but minimal you still have to keep it in a cool place you have to decide for yourself but because of the high price I don't buy them anymore the screw lid is made of plastic which is a bit cheap

Cheech87

Here is the screw lid
20240318_170758.jpg

Cheech87

Yes, you can also get them in 2 liter containers but the opening is small but they are certainly better that way
only you would always have to shake to get something out 😅
Would love to see this format live looks interesting

imiubu

Ok so fancy stuff for pretentious stoners. I'm definitely ordering some with those glass lids:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I could never find a solid enough reason besides ^^ to purchase these for weed storage :)

About 10 yrs. ago (?) I looked at these as a lovely way to store/ display my olive oil and herbs/ spices.
Being the 'frugal' gal I am, I've never been able to pull the trigger on actually purchasing them.
They sure are beautiful though.

I wonder what a Miron vs Mason jar side by side cure/ store might turn up?
Once cured, I vac seal my jars then store in a cool dark place.
No matter the strain, after abt. 1yr., all buds become amberish in color.
Wonder if the Miron jars would retain more chlorophyll/ green colors and
fresh harvest aroma/ flavor? :unsure:

Cheech87

I found the Miron glass jars appealing because you can't see the contents, but otherwise, I didn't notice any difference compared to normal mason jars. It's desirable for chlorophyll to degrade naturally rather than being bleached out by light. So, I think it's normal that over time, chlorophyll still degrades in Miron glass and (mason jars when they are stored in the dark) , but THC remains unaffected. I have both Miron glass and regular mason jars, and I haven't noticed any significant differences between them, except for the discretion the dark ones provide when carrying them outside. However, I must admit that my weed has never lasted a year regardless of the storage method.

imiubu

I found the Miron glass jars appealing because you can't see the contents, but otherwise, I didn't notice any difference compared to normal mason jars. It's desirable for chlorophyll to degrade naturally rather than being bleached out by light. So, I think it's normal that over time, chlorophyll still degrades in Miron glass and (mason jars when they are stored in the dark) , but THC remains unaffected. I have both Miron glass and regular mason jars, and I haven't noticed any significant differences between them, except for the discretion the dark ones provide when carrying them outside. However, I must admit that my weed has never lasted a year regardless of the storage method.

Just a small hobby gardener, flowering 2 runs of 6-8 plants in winter and still have jars from 2019.

Contributing factors of abundance are most likely that; we don't smoke much anymore
and everyone we know grows so... there are less 'friends in need' nowadays. :)
Plus, making concentrates, tinctures and infusions for both internal/ external usage,
cuts back on the smoking, allowing for longer term storage of buddage.

Thinking to grab a couple of those glass lidded jars for traveling/ visiting... just cuz they're cool haha.