What's new

Purple colour seeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ourcee

Thats awesome dude. Those photos are really cool man. I like the way youve taken them. Especially the one in amongst all the other seeds. I want to put it on my wall and frame it.

I was thinking it looked kinda like that 'scarab' critter thats in the Return of the Mummy type movies. it'd be pretty cool (imo) depending on how into photography you are to set up a shot with those as I've never seen purple seeds.

like dogscot said, I thought 'desktop pic'. I'm picturing aged bronze and maybe an Atlantis theme for a pic too. lol I'm thinking too deeply into this.

nice seeds! make sure to save those males and take some pix of the result!

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
those seeds look better than some buds that I've seen, that is really incredible.

You could probably sell those for more than the bud it would produce would go for.

E

elmanito

Nice purple beans :yoinks:

An old Dutch strain Viking especially the purple pheno gives purple seeds.Its something different than the usual brown tiger stripes :D

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

Q

quest

Mandala #1

Mandala #1

Got some of the purple seeds from Mandala this year. Half the plants were purple.

F

farmerred

I've seen purp beans a few times in terrible brick that you know was left standing after several light and some heavy frosts. Never thought to keep them since the bud was awful, though due more to the cultivator and origin than genetics. They were always small but mature. Is it possible that this purple substance protects the seed's development from cold temperatres?

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got some purple bagseeds from some purple black buds in '91,most were crushed,but got a nice vigorous male that I crossed with a skunk and got a mix of greyish,purple and pink tinged seeds from the mating...F1 plants were mostly all dark green and purple with bright orange hairs...F2's were anything from straight skunk through to purple black with all shades in between including various shades of pink and lilac but seeds were majority purple tinged so maybe in that instance purple seed markings was a domlnant trait.......hhhmmm!

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
friggin amazing - absolutely stunning,,,,Golden purples, such good detail....AMAZING PICS<,,

You may have found your entry into the Canna hall of fame with these shots..

Tonic101

Hi there

Thanks for all the kind words.

Londinium, Do you remember what strain those seeds came from? Do you remember what % of the seeds were coloured?

Every one that has seen this trait seems to relate it to cold temps. in the dark cycle. I find this logical but my seeds came from plants that were at a prety much constant 24-26 deg. C.

What are peoples opinion on the idea that the male also plays a roll in for seed development before the seed leaves the plant. I assumed this because i can normaly recognise which of my mothers a seed came from as they are normaly very uniform to each mother regardless of the male.

These were different tho. The purple seeds look very different from the other SWT#3 seeds, and consistent with each other

I had never realy considered this idea untill now. The more i think about it tho the more sense it makes. This may be why only 5-10% of the seeds display the full purple colour. The others range from normal to a bit purple.

I must have around 40-50 purple ones now......

Enough for a sensible selection, Lets see if i can stabalise this trait in the F2 generation which is now iminent.

When they have dryed and had a month in the fridge i will sprout them and start the grow diary......

Eagerly awaited i'm sure!

Cheers

Tonic

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke them see if you get high lol j/k

Grow them out and make more. Probably is nutrient related imo.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Tonic101...The strain was a common locally crossed strain we called called 'purple haze'(No not the Original HazeBros one)that was a Hybrid of an O.Haze with a Purple Indica of unconfirmed heritage...but the hybrid had sourfruit smell along with its haze flavour so dad was probably sourfruit smelling kushy Indica..PHaze had sat flavour but stoney buzz and not a great yeilder either.
I'm afraid I didn't keep records from back then but the seed colour traits were deffo semi-dominant even in later out-cross gen's. The original bagseeds were nearly all mostly purple in colour but with some grey/white markings and an almost black dot on blunt end.Similar to yours but smaller and no brown at all on mine. Only trace of strain left is its an 8th of my PPSkaze cut(my avatar) that still gets occasional pink hues on its self-seeds,but suttle now. If I can find some pinky beans and take a pic I will do...
I think one male may have carried the seed colour trait but hard to be sure without tests...I would be very interested in how your work turns out though as its very intriguing...... JBo

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember this?

Remember this?

1uCZH.jpg

Purple Hash from a Pakistani Chitral

Great Iodine seeds Tonic :D

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
Cool looking seeds, I have had purple seeds before. It was from a huge purple Durban like plant with a real Anise taste. The children were all over the shop though ranging in bud structure and color, I presume it came from the mother in this case. Good luck, hope you find something unique. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts