What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Afghan breeding project

K

kenned

How come you didn't reveg the first purple you got??
The ones we have seen in the first post..

G

Well, I did try and reveg them, but it was mmy first time growing in coco and it went wrong, my mistake was not to flush every last bit of nutes out before reverting them. Also, I had just bought a fancy new aeroponic cloner and all it did was kill my clones, so I lost them, but I had made seeds and I'm searching for a replacement purple pheno with the aim of stabilising the line for the purple pheno.

How about Purple Afghan x Black Domina? The BD is bearing seeds, just waiting for them to mature before she gets the chop, by which time she will be overripe and only good for hash making, ah, the sacrifices we make to perpetuate the species! lol

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
bought pac 1O afgani hash plant/ottawa in O6.

popped 4...this is what i kept. still got 6 beans ill never use. this plant is small and a clone. iv spread this plant all over the southeast usa.

GL/peace

G

Hey leader, thats a real beauty, and big props for spreading the love, wish more folks would share their best finds from seeds, after all, every elite began with a seed!

I've got all 8 of the PA cuts I took rooted and potted out in coco now, my new bubbler is a real success, it took 10 minutes to make , cost less than a tenner and has rooted every clone put in it so far.

It's just a plastic sandwich box with a length of black plastic drip line glued in place in a coil in the bottom. I poked loads of holes in the tubing with a nail and it emits many more bubbles than an airstone when hooked upto a 5.99 aquarium air pump I bought from Wilkos. The clones are held in place in holes in the lid by 1-inch diameter neoprene collars cut from a kneeler pad I bought for 89p (good old Wilkos again) and the box was 99p (guess where I bought that? lol)

B

BeAn

Wilkinson's is perfect for all your growing needs, they also do big plastic buckets for wither DWC or brewing tea..(20 or 25L):D

BlackDomina looks nice..:joint::yes:

G

Hiya Bean, yeah, I used those buckets myself, the small one I think is 14l, it's perfect for small DWC bubblers. Red with a blue lid that fits nice and tight.

The BD looks fantastic in the flesh, this is an unusually long flowering pheno, her sisters are done in 55-60, this one is at 70 and needs more time, so gonna go at least 75.

K

kenned

Sorry to hear you weren't able to reveg that purple lady.
Let us hope some of the others are just as beautifully coloured...

And that black domina... Se looks to be filled with seeds..
Would be a fun strain to try, for sure..

cheers,
kenned
(Beautiful pics by the way..)

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
so happy to see your working towards making some seeds of this beautiful plant.....hope to be a lucky boy one day and grow it here in OZ :D .HH. =]-~

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I love the look of the PA,lovely pink/red/purple flowers and good luck with the rest of the project.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
One of my Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica went 12 weeks last year - but it was a beauty - orange liqueur kind of smell. I had heard BD can throw out slow phenos, but I never imagined that long:

And Wilkos rocks! Those plastic buckets are also the top choice for holding the 5-gallon Bubblebags...:)

G

Kenny Lingus said:
Sweet sweet sweet BH!!!

Pimp it with the mex and maybe your thai's if you can. (hint hint)

:drool:

Hey Kenny, great to see ya here man, I've taken you advice in advance and already been pimping him out, he has been jiggy with the Mexi and the Thai and the Jahwi's Joy as well and all three ladies are heavily pregnant with his seed.

Mexican:

DSCF0015.jpg

Thai:

DSCF0006.jpg

Jahwi's:

DSCF0011.jpg

The pics are a week ago, the seeds are starting to poke out of the calyxes now, another 2-3 weeks and they will be mature I reckon, although the plants bearing them have much longer left I an pick a few seeds off to begin test germination.

Hiya happyherb, I'll make sure Oz has it's share of PA hybrids too, I know a few guys down under and I believe in sharing genes as far and wide as possible!

Hiya mat, thanks for the kind words, I'm working on stabilising the purple pheno, although I will also keep a seedline that still has all the variation for preservation purposes.

Hiya EM, the BD pheno I'm using takes over 70 days, probably 75. This one is at 72 days and needs at least 80 to ensure the seeds are mature and viable, they are turning from green to brown as we speak. This BD pheno isn't as orange tasting as the short flowering pheno, but has much better yield and is a bit more potent, a really stony effect that is demotivational and couchlocky. Not rreally what I chose to smoke much of, but very nice in the evenings or times when you need to just sit and and chill the hell out for a while. How are your PAs doing?

Esbe has some PAs outdoors, and a friend in NYC has just put a bunch of clones into flower, and another firend in Spain has some PA going outdoors, so the genes will spread and more hybrids will be made, I'm hoping someone wil ldo a PA x Deep Chunk cross, I'd love to try that one myself.

G

Erm, that's just one Jahwi's Joy in there - old seeds, only 1 out of the 4 I had sprouted and luckily she was a lady.

She's quite a tree for a small space though, about 3 sq foot of Jahwi's Joy canopy! lol

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

Call me crazy, but I just gotta have my extreme sativas! lol 160 days in she is now and still months to go! The orange hars you see on her are the pollinated calyxes, so as you can see she is carrying a couple of hundred seeds, so there will be plenty to share about with friends. I seem to have a lot of ganja groing friends these days so I need to make decent sized batches of seeds! lol

Last edited:
Love watching your work BH. That PA is like something from another planet! Wish we could get those kinds of genetics up here in Maine! Hope you find that purple pheno out of some of those beans! I'll be watchin this one closely!

G

Hiya vague. Hopefully there will be plenty of PA beans one day to share about so it can hit Maine. I'll pop some more PA seeds into paper towels next week when my new LED seedling light is up and running. The killer purple phenos are there, just gotta find and stabilise them!

K

kenned

Nice jahwis joy you have there... Had a female joy to.. Really a stretchy strain...
How much info you have on that strain?

Man this is some exiting stuff Ganja! That Mexi x PA is going to be out of control mate, two very special strains right there. Have you got any future plans for the crosses like f2's, back crossing etc? Can't wait to see some of these grown out. :respect:

G

Hiya kenned, I know very little about the Jahwi's, even esbe who is the source of these seeds doesn't know much. I think they are seeds brought back from Ghana by the son of a Danish diplomat a few years ago.

Hiya African herbman, I hope the PA x Mexi is as good as I hope, the plan is to make an IBL with the high of the Mexican, but a bit shorter flower time and hopefully the purple colour of the PA. The Mexican produces male flowers all the way thorugh flowering, not that many, and I think they are sterile, there was a full-blown hermie from the same batch of seeds to, so there is definitely an intersex trait there that needs to be dealt with in the subsequent linebreeding, the fact the original female has these nanners probably means backcrossing to her would be a bad idea, we shall see.

I'm not very impressed with the Purple Afghan pheno I have test flowering, doesn't look to be the purple pheno, although some purpling is slowly appearing on the calyxes, and although she is at 37 days of 11/13, she hasn't produced much bud so far. She has been pollinated which won't help, but I expected more from her, the jury is still out of course as she has time left, but I'm not impressed yet. She is flowering under a 65w CFL so not expecting big yield, but I expected to see more bud formation than she is showing so far.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
great work on jahwis guys. as bh says i know nothing. my connection just got the seeds in the capital of ghana by a local bushman. i btw had a new batch from him if you are interested. my man got again no info. could be jahwis joy or something els.

flashing elevators plant art
9533DSCN9258.jpg

btw. i think i have only one pa left on the self nursing country spot. i go up there to cut grass soon and update on it.

Last edited: