What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

TAÏNY

Hi,

Are those Mr Nice's strains? If so, is it true that his strains are so much better than almost any other breeder?
I once bought from him through his auctions. I paid him but never received the seeds and when I mailed him he never answered my questions. That's why I'm reluctant to buy again from him.

Siever
Siever, my man I'm on that waiting list right now from MNS but even more complicated... Since I'm in Cambodia. Mr. Scott BLAKEY himself had sent me an email telling me it would take about a year due to COVID-19. But in my case I'd transgressed the two months payment period. But for you just be patient coz I really believe that Shantibaba is an honest dude.

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
Siever, my man I'm on that waiting list right now from MNS but even more complicated... Since I'm in Cambodia. Mr. Scott BLAKEY himself had sent me a email telling me it would take about a year due to COVID-19. But in my case I'd transgressed the two months payment period. But for you just be patient coz I really believe that Shantibaba is a honest dude.
Yeah, go ahead and give them an e-mail

They will get them to you...where ever you are

Hmong

Veteran
weed likes high altitudes

very high! :pimp3:

HHxPCxPAN_altitude.jpg
HHxPCKxPAN_altitude_01.jpg

HHxPCKxPAN_altitude_02.jpg
PAN_altitude.jpg

romanoweed

VERY INFORMATIVE VIDEO: HOW WAS THAISTICK GROWN IN THE 70s:

They said that the Thaistick" Seeds/anchestry originally came from Meo Tribe (Hmong?). They seemed to say that before that they didnt really be big Cannabis growers, or stoners in that regard.. (So that matches with the good Anchestry coming from Meo Tribe)
They said that it was called Silk Tail, that it was grown beisdes Rivers, and a secound Run was done in the Riverbeds when they were dry (not 100 percent shure if they said they grew two crops?) . Later in the 2nd Video they eplain that they grew only one crop seedless,... the other for seedproduction. so i guess that confirms they said two Seasons per year.

Also they said i think that they either grew 2, 3 Plants / or otherwise a field.
Smelled like Cinnamon as Stick and the good stuff did stick to the Hand.

That matches in many points with what the Thaistick book author said.

The YoutbeChannel has more vids where they make further eploration wich i will now watch. GREAT!

romanoweed

TFollowing video is about Mountagnards advanced Growing.
Again many sources pinted out that the strongest Vietnamese Cannabis came from Mountagnards around Dalat. The studies in the Video are about Central Highlands Mountagnards, wich isnt thaat far away from Dalat, but they may or may have similar practises:

They did fertilize soil alot, had very advanced knowledge in general about sustainability , and didnt turn the upper Soil layer, and after fertilisation they left the spot for years to later come back when its ready ?

TAÏNY

VERY INFORMATIVE VIDEO: HOW WAS THAISTICK GROWN IN THE 70s:

They said that the Thaistick" Seeds/anchestry originally came from Meo Tribe (Hmong?). They seemed to say that before that they didnt really be big Cannabis growers, or stoners in that regard.. (So that matches with the good Anchestry coming from Meo Tribe)
They said that it was called Silk Tail, that it was grown beisdes Rivers, and a secound Run was done in the Riverbeds when they were dry (not 100 percent shure if they said they grew two crops?) . Later in the 2nd Video they eplain that they grew only one crop seedless,... the other for seedproduction. so i guess that confirms they said two Seasons per year.

Also they said i think that they either grew 2, 3 Plants / or otherwise a field.
Smelled like Cinnamon as Stick and the good stuff did stick to the Hand.

That matches in many points with what the Thaistick book author said.

The YoutbeChannel has more vids where they make further eploration wich i will now watch. GREAT!

Just watched the clips... one thing I've noticed is the lady who was wrapping up the "Thai Stick" said she still remembers and showed it... The HIPPIES brought it back to the states around the 70s... Looking at the lady's age, she must have been around her fifties... So is it mean that she was wrapping them "Thai Stick" since she was a baby?... Because the real Thai Stick was gone after the mid 70s I've been told by older guys from the STATES... To be exact : a dude that sold me my smokes in SALMON CREEK, CALIFORNIA in the year 1983.He was in his mid thirties at that time.

Last edited:

liljim

Worked in the NKP area in 68 and 69 with Thai Special Forces. Weed was legal then and harvested when it was found in the jungle, usually around streams and rivers. My first encounter was sharing soup made with bud found on patrol. When I left in the fall of 69 the US government had convinced the Thai's that the plant would lead to civil unrest like they saw in American cities. The Thai government made the plant illegal and with America's help destroyed all they could find with Agent Orange. Some growers moved across the Mekong into Laos and the northern growers into Burma.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I remember seeing women traders in the night markets in Luang Prabang Laos selling ganja on sticks stacked in neat little piles to other women who mostly bought them to take home & make tea from the weed for relief from 'moon cycle' (periods) cramps. This was a practice that had been going on for a very long time.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Thai Stick Book
Absolutely correct. Mike Ritter spent years trying to get the origin story of the Thai Stick and we never really did, other than they had been making them for generations. However, by the 80s, after people started trying bad weed to sticks nobody wanted them. Next came lightly pressed loaves and then pressed Thai. Esthetics gave way to greed sadly

musigny23

Watched the the 2 parts of the Thai Stick video. Cute and they mean well but total amateur hour. They are clearly in the right area but since they really know nothing about it other than what they find with google searches, it falls pretty short. They managed to get some alleged first hand accounts but I was not impressed. The nice lady who said she tied sticks and attempted a demonstration seemed to be about to do it but then what she proceeded to do was not like a real stick as from that era.

They don't even appear to be cannabis users and nothing is tasted or tried. A serious exploration and research trip would need some actual old time stoners who experienced the real thing and could tell when they saw quality information vs second hand repeating of hearsay. That one guy even repeats the opium nonsense.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
im friends with a girl who sells seed in thailand ,
she seems to have her shit together pretty good ,
im always impressed with the stuff she posts ,
breeding fish , chickens , plants etc ,
seems to have a good grasp of stuff ...

here are some pictures of some laos plants she sells seed of ,
look bloody awesome if i do say so ,
of course they are growing in excellent conditions ,
but still impressive how little leaf and how foxy those flowers look ..

288834519_2060950764114662_694152840727083697_n.jpg

290114759_565578604947940_8985188232432484322_n.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts