What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thats not Kanga? Reminiscent of those Kangativa trees.

That a way Brothers! There is still hope in the world...
Hey lt ,
not kangas trees , though i do miss those big girls too ..
there is always hope where there is life lt ,
i remain optimistic , seems the best way ,
stay positive man ...

G

Can only imagine bringing down a 7m sat for a harvest. Hooley Dooley would need to use a chainsaw haha

Asiatica

Had a look could not find the Thailand Farm plant that was over 20ft tall but very round and had foliage / branches from bottom to top.

A 6 or 7 meter sativa is not unusual grown right.

Farm full of Thai sativas easily 14 ft in Thailand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESl41AKn1k

A guy growing a few plants for personal in Thailand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbRr-NGfOa0

The dude growing the personal plants is straight interweb trappin.
He says if anyone wants any just leave a comment below and he will work out a deal with you for "postal service"...lolol

Old man putting in that work.

Asiatica

Ive been going to Thailand every year for over 40 years, almost as long as ive been smoking weed.
My family has many different types of farms in the country.
Ive been all over the country dreaming of one day finding a wild Thai plant somewhere since I was a teenager.

Unfortunately I have never seen a wild Thai plant or feral Thai cannabis growing randomly like around Nepal/Himalayas.
Thailand has been extremely strict on Cannabis since the 80's so eradication & oppression has been in full effect for almost 40 years.
All grows are covert and extremely private.
So, based on my experience wild Thai plants are a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
wild gunja is very low thc , its not really desirable to tokers,
unless its a recent escapee from a cultivated crop ,
its not going to be worth toking ,

man maintains the quality we enjoy in gunja , nature does not ,
high thc cannabis is not found in the wild , feral plants ...

ngakpa

Veteran
So, based on my experience wild Thai plants are a thing of the past.

Wild Thai plants are a thing of never

The only areas of Thailand they will naturalize is the highlands, e.g. Mae Hong Son

I've seen photos of volunteer and escaped hemp in the highlands outside Chiang Mai - but those are domesticates

Cannabis won't naturalize south of about 25 N unless it's at altitude

In other words, you don't get wild-type Cannabis in the true tropics

And add to that, any decent ganja grower knows to cut down weedy Cannabis, as it will screw up their crop

ngakpa

Veteran
wild gunja is very low thc , its not really desirable to tokers,
unless its a recent escapee from a cultivated crop ,
its not going to be worth toking ,

man maintains the quality we enjoy in gunja , nature does not ,
high thc cannabis is not found in the wild , feral plants ...

just read that right after posting

exactly

ngakpa

Veteran
This is a thai strain called High Thai. The size of an apple tree, averaging 7 kilos dry. One branch as large as your arm
a buddy posted this on fb , sounds like i best get some of the thai seed he has ,, lol ..

Any idea if this might be the Real Seed Co Highland Thai?

Ours will make monsters too

Back in 2008 a guy I sold some seeds to did an indoor grow in massive amounts of compost indoors

The plants went to 5 or 6 metres even with some limits on their roots

iirc there was a French botanist who used the gigantea taxon for northern highlands Thai landraces

not clear if they were hilltribe hemp

I think our Highland Thai is a hemp x ganja hybrid

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Any idea if this might be the Real Seed Co Highland Thai?

Ours will make monsters too

Back in 2008 a guy I sold some seeds to did an indoor grow in massive amounts of compost indoors

The plants went to 5 or 6 metres even with some limits on their roots

iirc there was a French botanist who used the gigantea taxon for northern highlands Thai landraces

not clear if they were hilltribe hemp

I think our Highland Thai is a hemp x ganja hybrid
could be ,

a canadian guy i know posted it on fb ,
i had just assumed they were from stock he collected while living in thailand 4 years i think he said it was ,
but could still be rsc stock , ill ask him ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
thanks, would be interested to know
the seed was sourced in thailand , the variety is called "high thai"
and the plant was grown in lopburi,
my friend is trying to get some currently , but the thai folks are playing hard to get as they can sometimes when they know u value something they have and want it ,
im sure he will acquire some once he gets the right pumpkin seeds to trade with ,, lol .. they want some giant pumpkins apparently ..

Limeygreen

Veteran
I love south east asian pumpkins, those squat green ones that you can't seem to over cook, solid and soft, sweet and savory, just a joy I need to see if I still have some of those seeds.

G

Is the reason a pure Thai strain gives such an interesting high known? What does the genetics in that area have/not have making it unique?

Just curious as the effects described seem to be exactly what I look for in a strain.

I believe alot of Aus bagseed has Thai here and there mixed in. Although I can't say I've sampled anything I'm sure about just yet.

need4weed

Veteran
more clues eb ??

pretty sure we have established sam found the golden thai the best he had in thailand , and kept seed ,

as i mentioned there was enough of that stuff to make it to oz ,
it was called golden buddha though,
never a mention of laos .....

many aussies my age and older would remember golden buddha...

I was born in Melbourne and lived there until 2008 (30 yo) I remember as a kid all the import weed before the indoor revolution. A lot of the buddah was brown and heavily seeded. It was thought of as pretty inferior at the time. Hot to smoke and low potency. The thai sticks were in a class of it's own. At the same time we used to get gold seal and red seal hash. I'd smoke that with my uncle when I was 14. It would wipe me out, couldn't move in my seat for 4 hours. Like the earths earth's gravity pulling me in through the seat. The sativas on the other hand, are what most people used to grow in their backyards. Huge trees, trunks as thick as your leg. Different families would have there own lines that they grew year in year out. Unbeknown to people, they were all sitting on heirloom strains predominantly from southeast Asia

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I was born in Melbourne and lived there until 2008 (30 yo) I remember as a kid all the import weed before the indoor revolution. A lot of the buddah was brown and heavily seeded. It was thought of as pretty inferior at the time. Hot to smoke and low potency. The thai sticks were in a class of it's own. At the same time we used to get gold seal and red seal hash. I'd smoke that with my uncle when I was 14. It would wipe me out, couldn't move in my seat for 4 hours. Like the earths earth's gravity pulling me in through the seat. The sativas on the other hand, are what most people used to grow in their backyards. Huge trees, trunks as thick as your leg. Different families would have there own lines that they grew year in year out. Unbeknown to people, they were all sitting on heirloom strains predominantly from southeast Asia
Not sure i got what your calling buddha ,
other than what got called buddha sticks and the golden buddha which came after the sticks for us ,
its a big place , so folks likely didnt get the same stuff or at the same time i imagine ..

when you say gold seal and red seal hash ,
is that the stamp , or what it was wrapped in ??

we had lots of black hash with a golden stamp wrapped in red cellophane where i lived , seemed to be a massive amount of it , but that was also after the thai sticks where i was ,
what we typically saw was greenery in the summer and hash in the winter ,
i preferred it when they overlapped and i could mix the hash with the weed ..

as far as i know Melbourne seemed to have more hash than any other city in Australia ,
im assuming it landed there ...