What's new

Pure sativa strain X Pure CBD strain = ???

Popey

Veteran
Hi. I think about such a cross. What effect I will get by crossing a pure sativa strain that has a energetic effect with a pure CBD strain (without thc) ? I guess that the resulting strain will be weaker than pure sativa strain. What effects I can expect? Will I get a body effect? So far, I only tried hybrid X CBD.

troutman

Seed Whore
As you can imagine it would be a mixed effect and it also depends on the plants you select.
In the past, I've smoked more than 1 kind together in the same joint to get those mixed effect.

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Like a rocket with side wheels (or maybe with a parachute behind it). Exactly my kind of herb :D.

Seems like i always talk about the same thing because i dont have the possibility to grow anything at the moment but.....

​​​​​​@Popey you grew the RSC Manipuri, you probably can relate to the rather mango leaning type.
I pollenated it with 2 fem and one regular male Lebanese from ACE. Only grew one of the offspring but you can clearly tell its got quite a bit of CBD in the mix.
Its softer and more chill because of the Lebanese, even a bit stupid silly stoned in higher dosage but - the CBD puts a low ceiling on top of it and it never gets out of hand.
The pure Manipuri, for me, is really euphoric and brain activating, sometimes a bit too much, i'm sensitive but i love it.

So maybe, if you grow out a pure sativa and a pure CBD plant, consume it in different ratios and find whats interesting for yourself, then you know what to aim for when making the cross and developing the line if thats your thing.

But from my experience the CBD makes it less intense, lowers the ceiling drastically and stretches out the effect, wich i enjoy very much during the day.

I was gifted some Lemon Candy from Exotic Seeds wich is supposedly Highland Oaxacan Gold cross NYCDiesel and i find it sucks really hard, it has all what i dislike in cannabis and if i mix it with CBD it still sucks hard, so it definitely makes more sense to mix it with stuff you like, i believe.

Looking forward to what might come out of your cross if you get to do it.

Popey

Veteran
Thanks for the answers.

I plan to cross Jarilla Sinaloa (Cannabiogen) with CBD Theraphy (CBD Crew).

However, I can't make the mistake I made when crossing Manipuri with C'99. Do you know what I did wrong? School mistake.

The 2 female Manipuri were really cool with a nice high. However, I did not use the female Manipuri for the C'99 cross. I used the male Manipuri. The male Manipuri, however, has not been tested before. The male Manipuri cross from C'99 gave very weak offspring. The C'99xManipuri high was worse than pure Manipuri or pure C'99.

Now, when doing the Jarilla x CBD Theraphy cross, I have to thoroughly test my parents so that I don't have a surprise.

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
You could try to make f2's of your C99 x Manipuri cross Popey .
Maybe you find something nice from all the recombinations and variations.
Did the cross actually show sex earlier and flower faster?
Sorry for the offtopic post, i am just a big fan of Manipuri.

Popey

Veteran
Hi zaprjaques As I wrote in a thread for Manipuri:

The whole growth F1 C'99 x Manipuri took "only" 5 months (of which flowering 14 weeks) - 2 months shorter than pure Manipuri.

I did F2 but I don't plan to go back to this cross. If I return to Manipuri, I will come back to pure Manipuri.

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Hi zaprjaques As I wrote in a thread for Manipuri:

I did F2 but I don't plan to go back to this cross. If I return to Manipuri, I will come back to pure Manipuri.

Thank you for your answer.
Hope to see some beautiful plants here soon, and hear a nice smoke report on your 'Mexican Therapy' :)

I have all my fingers crossed :D

goingrey

The F1 generation from a cross of a high THC plant and a high CBD plant will be plants with a 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD. Unfortunately this is not additive, the resin content is what it is. Crossing a 10% THC strain with a 10% CBD strain will result in children with about 5% of each. So moderate amount of both.

What interests me in this kind of plants is that cannabinoid profile is similar (at least in regards to these two cannabinoids) to that of traditional hash. As usually it would be made by mixing up the resin from high THC, high CBD, and everything in between plants, ultimately resulting in a balanced mix. And traditional hash can be a very pleasant experience at best.

According to the CBD Crew website CBD Therapy has a range of THC:CBD ratios. So depending on the plant you choose as a parent you may end up with a rather THC dominant cross. Not necessarily a bad thing though, we all love THC.

PolyChucker

I can confirm what goingrey said.
4 years ago I got some free seeds that were maybe Harlequin x GSC - or basically CBD x THC.
They seemed almost like wild cannabis because they were low smell, low potency, low resin. Most of the traits we like are rare or recessive. Over the last few years I have substantially improved the resin, smell and potency. Now I have something that’s kinda like GSC but not.
I think all you need to do to get a milder effect is pick the right Sativa landrace that is medium potency and the seeds will have some variation so you can just keep selecting for best effect for you. It’s a lot better than crossing two strains and getting tons of diversity but mostly bad traits.