What's new

Pure Green Haze 19

Koondense

Veteran
I doubt it, makes more sense to grow OTH and find a green female.
Selfing or backcrossing a Haze plant will probably not produce superior results as in the parents, so it's best to keep it an open pool with more options for selection of moms or P1s for hybrids.
Just my opinion...

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your interest @Tranquilidade Green Haze #19 is a green Oldtimer's Haze mother (born from seed almost 20 years ago and still preserved in clone form) of old school Haze incensey terpenes and very nice cerebral/electric effects, my favorite for finished product among all the Green Hazes from that first Oldtimer's Haze generation.

Oldtimer's Haze is already extremely inbred, and as SamSkunkman correctly pointed out with his Original Haze, OTH also requires to be outcrossed to start to really shine. As shown in its direct F1 hybrids, Green Haze #19 desirable traits are already fixed, she is very dominant for them. I haven't made an S1 of her, but such extreme inbreeding (S1) on highly inbred tropical ganja sativas easily degenerates into decline of vigor, yield, potency, and intensity peaks of the desirable traits.

Green Haze #19 offpsring can be found in Oldtimer's Haze release (Purple Haze #23 as well). Vigorous and high yielding males from different lines not related with #19 and #23 were used to reproduce Oldtimer's Haze strain. When a strain is too inbred, it's important to preserve healthy, vigorous and high yielding lines in case you need to restore other, much heavily inbred lines/parent plants from same strain.

OZZ_

Veteran
I have a 5 pack stashed away that just says Hreen Haze #19 …. On it that I received from you guys years ago. What’s the lineage there then? I’m assuming the green haze 19 mom pollinated by various OTH males??

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have a 5 pack stashed away that just says Hreen Haze #19 …. On it that I received from you guys years ago. What’s the lineage there then? I’m assuming the green haze 19 mom pollinated by various OTH males??
Hi @OZZ_ did your pack come directly from us ? I have doubts we have released specifically Green Haze 19 seeds, but it's possible we gave away some. if that's the case should be Green haze 19 mother pollinated by several Green Haze males.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi @OZZ_ did your pack come directly from us ? I have doubts we have released specifically Green Haze 19 seeds, but it's possible we gave away some. if that's the case should be Green haze 19 mother pollinated by several Green Haze males.

Sorry about the typos above, To be honest I don’t remember if I got them directly from you, or one of your retailers but it was one of the two. Also it was the same writing and packaging that you guys used to use back in the day. Little plastic baggy folded at the bottom trapping the seeds with the strain name handwritten in blue ink on the baggy hehehe.

…. But I do not remember if that specific order came from you guys directly or a retailer. I just remember seeing them and decided I better pick it up in its loosely isolated form. Wish I remember exactly what the description said