What's new

Pura Vida Organics

bluntt

just beautiful love the purple colors,how was the Trichomes 50/50 cloudy,amber I usually use eye clops to check the trichomes what do you use.

Beautiful!!! Those look super yummy!! Pura Vida does put out some really nice nuggets for sure! What medium are you working with? What where your nutrient formulas?

Been super happy with mine.

But it's a kinda hard nutrient to work with in hydro at times:

I am thinking that the Grow is kinda a bit dicey (I run coco/perlite drain to waste). I have a friend who uses the exact same system and runs Pure Blend Pro Grow in its place (since its what he uses in his veg ebb and flow). Pure Blend Pro is far easier to work with for vegging IMO.

I usually use about 400ppm Pura Vida Grow and 150-200ppm Magical. I cut my tap water with RO till its about 150-200ppm. No ph adjust needed. BUT- its cause I use the tap water. Otherwise with just RO its pretty acidic. I'll let fertilizer get built up in the coco to about 12 -1300ppm. Much more then that I am concerned about fert burn.

Honestly- they look good and all, but it is not quite what I would hope for. There are minor signs of defeciency (purpling on the stems, veiny look on the leaves) and I have to kinda really keep an eye on it to . I do most my veg in GH/LK in a coco ebb and flow- and they come out perfect. I only use the Pura Vida Grow just a little while once they are in the drip system for them to get good and rooted and happy. Seems like its not a really great grow formula.

For the Bloom rocks. Very strong, and really doesn't need much in the way of amendments at all. I do use Sugar Daddy at around 100ppm after about the 2nd or 3rd week.

I add Earth Juice Catalyst to any clean water I run through it. It's acidic and I use it like ph down.

Recently I have been adding Pure Flowers 0-30-20 to the Bloom. I do this mostly because PV Bloom is very very acidic, and I have to add something to balance it ph wise. Either that our I end up using ph Up as I get into using larger doses of the PV. May as well use a bloom booster instead. I add about 70-90ppm then add Bloom up from between 300-500ppm. I build my bloom formula around the Pure Flowers, reducing the amount of PV Bloom respectively.

Magical 150-200ppm.

Spray with Thrive Alive and Nitrozime from time to time.

You can see some pics in album of my succes with PV in drip coco. It sure is nice.
It also bit me in the ass when I went from hand watering my coco to putting in a drip system and getting the timings all balanced. Whole damn system went mad acidic- iron locked out. Really fucked me. So now that I got all the timing/nutrient strength issues worked out I am giving it one more shot at knocking it out of the park!

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Citizen thanks for sharing your methods with PV. I had some issues when i used it (burning), and still have some and Really want to grow organic.
Your last paragraph...can you elaborate on what you meant by getting your timings balanced? How could the drip system give you more acidic issues? Thanks for helping me be learned.

Coco run to waste has some issues with how frequently you have to water it to keep the medium in balance. One round went acidic on me bad. But the two other have not- and my friend who uses it has had his run well. Three times a day if your in 50/50 coco perlite kept mine happy- about 1min 15secs run time to have it stay with the proper run offs. 1.75 gallon Perfect Pots.

In soil I bet Pura Vida is much easier to keep stable. But it can burn if it builds up- and good luck getting it out if it does. I never used more then 500ppm in the heaviest phase of bloom. The Grow kinda seems to be whack (in coco) so Pure Blend Pro Grow is a good sub and very stable.

thehiena

fyg3r6.jpg

My plants love Pura Vida but I was wondering if there was any additives I can use to enhance the buds. Thank You.

bluntt

just a reference,if your using Pura Vida bloom and you do not have lime in your soil you'd best to ph it otherwise prepare for a lock out

H

highsteppa

I thnk it's not OG anymore because it hasmicro's i it.....Not 100%sure but I believe OMRI/othe certifiers only allow micro-nutes with an soil test that outlines what your missing in the soil. Not practical, but thisis as c,ose as you can get, just buffer your soil with dolemite and it also fills in th ethe PVO's lack of calcium

BrainSellz

Veteran
fyg3r6.jpg

My plants love Pura Vida but I was wondering if there was any additives I can use to enhance the buds. Thank You.
I dont like to promote bud boosters but there is an organic one called B'Cuzz Bloom and it will speak for itself. Also Green Fuse.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thnk it's not OG anymore because it hasmicro's i it.....Not 100%sure but I believe OMRI/othe certifiers only allow micro-nutes with an soil test that outlines what your missing in the soil. Not practical, but thisis as c,ose as you can get, just buffer your soil with dolemite and it also fills in th ethe PVO's lack of calcium

is this as in "organic" micros, or they use chemical micros???

H

highsteppa

I'm not sure about that, maybe techniflora would know. The point is that certifying agencies don't want growers adding micros without a known deficiency. For years poeple had horrible results using og ferts on soiless medium, but finallly acompany added micros to a mix and found it could compete woith osmocote at penn state/U of Maryland. thing is these ferts are ONLY certified for soiless growing since the medium is sterile. So I don't realy know why it would be non-og for the PV line, being there is no micros naturally available in hydro save what might be in tap water. Here something I found about natural micros though...

Natural organic micronutrient complexes are often
produced by reacting metal inorganic salts with organic
byproducts, mainly those of the wood pulp industry.
Lignosulfonates, phenols and polyflavonoids are common
natural organic complexes. These complexes are often
quite variable in their composition and are less
effective than the synthetic chelates.