What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Punto Rojo from The Landrace Team

thanks, t=i have seen they got good thai strain but avaible only for october, but their marketing and biseness is not clear their prices are not fixe and their way of payment too, i dont think they are serious bank.

bajode5

Interesting behavior of the Sativas 100%, its gleaming makes them more aesthetically attractive to me. I had a Nepali Mileche last season, I also saw that behavior. For what is this? What causes that behavior to be activated in your genes? Anybody who can explain us there?

My regards, brother

Smokin1

Finally, here's PR#5 at 20 weeks, the beauty queen. She really lives up to her punto rojo namesake. Let's hope she smokes as good as she looks.

View Image

View Image

View Image

These pictures were horribly compressed. If someone can tell me how to attach uncompressed images I'll post up some improved images. Thes don't do the plant justice.

The pics look just wonderful to me! Any smoke report for miss redtips?

THC123

Veteran
To me their website look like a blatant copy of the real seed company. They just copied the makeup and also copied strains they acquired from other sites. They just aded a few things but for the rest it's almost a copy.... Also the strains they offer, while probably being what you pay for, are probbly sourced via RSC, CBG and other sites. And I am sure however that they did collect few strains themselves. But IMO this is not done, when another company is selling these genetics, and they were before you and they are still in business, then it is really without any class or respect.

-->

TLT :

Thai Hill
Genetics: Thai Landrace
Region: Mae Hong Son
Strain: Thai Hill
Sourcing: Personally collected at source
Latitude: 19°N
Harvest: October/November
Height: 2 metres outdoors
Seeds: Regular
Vegetative stage: 12-15 weeks
Flowering: 15-16 weeks
Aroma: Sweet carrots and sweet tropical fruits
Taste: woody flavour with fruity and fragrant touches
Characteristics: Great vigor with large serrated leaves of 7, 9 and 11 leaflets. Intermodal spaces of 5 to 10cm

Real Seed Company -->

Genetics: Ruderal Himalayan Cannabis
Sourcing: Landrace Genetics, Hazara, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, 2019
Purpose: n/a
Latitude: 35° N
Harvest: Early August to September
Height: 2–5 meters
Aroma: [forthcoming]
Characteristics: Early maturing, day-neutral (‘autoflowering’)
Grow Type: Outdoors, greenhouse

I think I will let this one pass....

To the OP: sorry for going off topic you did grow some beautiful sativa's!!!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
What’s the overall perception of TLT? Don’t want to start a crap splat dialogue. Just whether they are worth the time to explore.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I was told The Landrace Team do source seed them selfs personally i think it is good to see more company's doing this.The more people that do it the more it benefits the local farmers of set genetics and the consumer /growers.

I would love to read a smoke report on the Punto Rojo from them.

OldCoolSativa

Appreciate the nudge for a smoke report.

After a proper 8-month cure, this batch of punto rojo is fantastic, old-school smoke. PR #5 was my keeper with sexual stability, beautiful red pistils, pungent hazy aromas and great, energetic sativa effect, all at the cost of long flowering (20 weeks) and wispy buds and low yield. I grew out a clone of #5 that was hit with some Colombian gold pollen from 1978 seed stock, as well as some punto rojo pollen from CBG seed stock. I'm currently vegging the TLT PR x '78 CG now; it'll be interesting to see what the nearly extinct 40-year-old genetics bring to this Colombian mashup.

PR #2, the earliest, skinniest-leaved plant, had the loudest aromas, while the other plants had relatively faint aromas during flower and after a long cure. Smells are of subtle pine, wood, slight menthol in the jar, and the buds burst forth with a piney, lemony astringent smell when broken up. A good friend and fellow weed nerd thinks it smells like piff when burned. I've never smoked uptown haze but it reminds me of that 70s weed; it does leave a nice incensy unmistakable primo marijuana aroma lingering in the room after a joint is smoked.

Potency is pretty consistent across the line. Potency, as measured by THC percentage, is probably only 10-12%, but the effect tells you why THC concentration is an almost meaningless metric for quality of the high. One or two puffs out of a pinch hitter and I'm set for several hours. I'd describe the high as soaring, less introspective than most haze hybrids, more social. My girlfriend really likes these long-flowering Colombian sativas and it adds a nice dimension to our sex - we've found that this herb allows her to achieve orgasm synesthesia, something that doesn't happen with haze hybrids. It helps that I know what I'm doing. :)

There's more variability in the quality of effect than there is in potency. I did not like the high I got from PR#1, and as a result I have a bunch of it on hand that I don't smoke. It smells nice with what I believe a hoppy aroma (like an IPA). At higher doses I found it to be anti-euphoric. PR#5 is at the other end of the quality-of-effect spectrum. Really clear, soaring, upbeat high. Great for outdoor activities, the mind races and visual and auditory perception is enhanced and altered. All in the head with an easy come-down. Top shelf smoke and unlike anything you can find in a dispensary.

PR #3 was my second best plant, and I would've kept a clone if it hadn't made lots of nanners late in flower. LOTS. It was the leafiest of the plants in veg but it yielded massively, with enormous colas that were reasonably dense for a pure sativa. This one had more floral aromas and the effect was similar to PR #5.

I think the TLT punto rojo I grew is the real deal, a true Colombian landrace, intersex issues and all. It compares well with the punto rojo x mangobiche I grew from CBG-derived seed stock. Acknowledgement and thanks to Criposo Art, who collected these genetics in Colombia, and to The Landrace Team, who made them available. I had no problems whatsoever with my transaction or dealings with TLT.

TheDarkStorm

Thanks for the report old cool sativa..you done a brilliant job growing an taking care of these..im sure big herb would be very interested in these too...wonder if he's seen this..

riddly

Punto Rojo Tierra Adentro

The smoke of this Punto Rojo is soft and smooth, with a subtle taste and incense smell, its taste is not fragrant on the palate, rather it is woody. Its effect is psychoactive and can become lysergic and psychedelic. It produces hunger and a slight weight in the body at the end, but it’s very fleeting. It makes you feel very active and gives you energy to perform daily tasks without getting too sleepy or drowsy. Its effect goes on for 3 hours and more.

Nexus7

@OldCoolSativa

Is the '78 CG available to the public? Does it seem pure Sativa or shows any sign of contamination?

OldCoolSativa

Is the '78 CG available to the public? Does it seem pure Sativa or shows any sign of contamination?

No, the '78 Colombian Gold is not publically available; I was gifted some pollen last year. Just finishing rooting the cuts now and will put them into flower soon. So far there is no evidence of WLD contamination. The aromas in veg of the puntodorado (punto rojo x '78 CG) are more pronounced than they were from the punto rojo mother plant, and they're a little richer...I was surprised to find a hint of chocolate aroma. Extraordinarily vigorous plants...it's going to be a battle to grow them indoors. I have a little of the '78 CG pollen left in the freezer and hope it's still viable enough to back-cross a couple of the plants to the male. Hopefully the punto rojo outcross works well and I'll have some seeds to trade with like-minded sativa fans this fall.

F2F

OldCoolSativa, or anyone,

I once planted bagseed of some fire we got hold of in early 90’s. After about 2mo veg outdoors it was bushy and definitely sativa. Most notable was VERY prevalent red coloration on the leaf blades where they met the petiole. Sadly deer munched it down and I never saw it flowered.

I always guessed it was Lumbo red point but never really found any pics of red point with this color pattern. Guesses?

Cheers,
F2F

Nexus7

No, the '78 Colombian Gold is not publically available; I was gifted some pollen last year. Just finishing rooting the cuts now and will put them into flower soon. So far there is no evidence of WLD contamination. The aromas in veg of the puntodorado (punto rojo x '78 CG) are more pronounced than they were from the punto rojo mother plant, and they're a little richer...I was surprised to find a hint of chocolate aroma. Extraordinarily vigorous plants...it's going to be a battle to grow them indoors. I have a little of the '78 CG pollen left in the freezer and hope it's still viable enough to back-cross a couple of the plants to the male. Hopefully the punto rojo outcross works well and I'll have some seeds to trade with like-minded sativa fans this fall.

Sounds like a very nice cross that puntodorado OCS :)

I had some USC '72 CG pollen stored in the fridge for about a year. I tried hitting up an Ace - Malawi New Killer pheno but she didn't seem to take :( But you never know maybe I'll find a few beans in there somewhere.

Should hopefully have some fresh '72 CG pollen in a couple months for in and out crossing purposes ;)