What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pump n' Seal for curing

The pump n seal was recommended to me on another thread where I asked about Mason Jars. How many of you have had experience with these? Does it damage bud to open a vaccuum seal every day on them, or does the vaccuum seal mean that you don't have to open the jars every day. The thing is only like 20 bucks so it looks pretty good as I can use it for legitimate food purposes as well;)

Fast Eddie

I Used to actually have one of those,
It was great for sealing stuff when doing anything
assoiated with water too And camping

Ono Nadagin

I find they work well to keep your cured bud at the lvl of dried/cured you like with out it becomimg to btittle

hyperseth

hot damn i knew people would jump on that thing.

i own it. it's so simple it will last forever, but so powerful i'll never think about buying an electronic model.

you can use this one anywhere. i was going to post some pictures and explain how it works, but i think that'll all be here before i get the time.

racefan

I've had my pump and seal for about 2 months now. I even bought the attatchment that is suppose to allow a person to seal plastic bags like ziplocks. The attatchment doesn't work well at all but the pump and seal works killer on mason jars. It gives so much vacuum that my wife can't even open the jar without peeling the tape seal on top. I recommend them to anyone who has a glass or plastic container than can be sealed and vacuumed pumped. They work very well and was worth the $20.00 I paid for it.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
What's the catch?

What's the catch?

20 dollars... Is there some disposable part to it that you have to continually buy replacements for? I looked at the site that hyperseth posted in another thread, but couldn't figure out how it works. The pictures were just too small to give details. Can someone explain how it works?

GreatLakes THC

hyperseth

they sell little stickers as one-way valves for the mason jars.

they are actually quite cool because you simply left the sticker to open the lid, the room goes dead quiet whenever i open a jar.

there's this great sssssssssssssssssssssssssss sound, and all the air rushing into the jar makes the contents shake like mad.