What's new

Protecting hardwoods?

T

TroubleGuy

Thanks guys! I'll look for both when i hit the city tomorrow, i found a couple stores claiming to have liner.

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Plumbing supply: Bathtub liner, similar to pond liner with a woven mesh inside.

Pond liner is usually found in the Garden Section. Typically they have pond pumps and other supplies etc year round at most of the HD I've gone to.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i get my pond liner from fish supply stores. the stuff at home depot is half as thick and almost as expensive!

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pm me krunchbubble
i've got pondliner anywhere from a dollar to 70 cents per square foot
if you've got a spot in the bay that has better liner than HD for a better price i'm very interested!

T

TroubleGuy

Yeah...went to HD and looked around for it in the garden center, couldn't find it, walked inside and asked someone working there if they had it and she asked ME where it would be, haha. Crazy potheads! Err...... :joint:

soo i'm off to Lowe's and some other places. might try a fish/aquarium supply place, there's a few of those around here. gonna look for the other things mentioned too, really appreciate all the ideas, i'm sure i'll find one of them will work out

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use pond liner in rooms with carpet and put my tents on top of that. I'm a soil grower and it can get messy I want the carpet to stay clean and not get wet there will be accidents and be prepared if you have one. Think of the worst case and what would you do to prevent it

T

TroubleGuy

Jeez, went to HD on the other side of town and they have pond liner there. I'm gonna be using something else, a painter's plastic drop or some panda poly film, it should work just fine the way I'll be using it. the 9 bucks a foot HD wants for pond liner is ridiculous, and that's the CHEAP stuff.. gonna throw some of that rubber/vinyl stuff they put under carpets, then the plastic on top built with a frame like the one in that linked above..

gonna come together nicely, hoping to have the whole room built tomorrow but we'll see what happens

portpunk

You will still need some type of carpet pad over the wood. Plastic directly over hardwood floors will most likely cup them. Yes I do hardwood floors.

T

TroubleGuy

thanks Burt, kinda what I planned on doing, nice to see some pictures and see how it'll look.

planted1

Yea pond liner would work well, you can proly find some pieces of hardwood at like habitat for humanity or somthing like that used, so you can just cover it with a piece of hard wood you can remove aand you dont mind ruining.

Latest posts

Latest posts