What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

proposed new gun regulations ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
having someone buy you one is what the feds call a "straw sale" and can get both participants arrested, if the end user cannot pass a background check themselves. they popped a couple here after the store clerk watched HIM pick out the handgun he wanted, and then she bought it. yup, he had a felony bust previously. not the sharpest chisel in the toolbox... :shucks:

moose eater

I believe that we already have The National Instant Criminal Background Check System ,it's federal and as far as I know all legal gun dealer must do before any sales. I believe the only gray area is private sales, evan dealers at gun shows need to. We don't need new laws just enforcement of the ones we got aready
The NICS check often relies on local and State LE and courts keeping the data base up to snuff.

The mass shooter in Colorado last year had bought a gun from a dealer, and my understanding was that if his prior infractions had been reported to the database properly, he'd have not been able to purchase it. But he did because someone didn't fulfill their duties.

Systems with the best of intentions can still get gummed up by the human factor.

Old Piney

i'll keep that in mind...:)

any private sale? that's stiffer than the new proposal. wow...but that is in NJ. they ARE stricter than most places.
Yes in NJ the seler in private sale must see firearms is card., but only handguns are tracked and registered I'm definitely pro 2 nd amendment but this NJ requirement it's not unreasonable just common sense . Yes NJ is strict, I suppose the worst is the magazine limit of 10 rounds. At least now thanks to Trump's appointments to Supreme Court we can carry. It's just crazy we must enforce the laws we have And no one should be able to buy a gun with out a background check. No check or new law will work if the criminals and wackos aren't entered into the system. This has been a regular occurrence. There has been widespread failure by Law enforcement, courts , heath care and social workers to report into the system with drastic results. The lefty gun haters don't want to solve the problem they just want to cry and then take our guns. I do believe that they should extend the NICS to include private sales, it's just common sense .
The NICS check often relies on local and State LE and courts keeping the data base up to snuff.

The mass shooter in Colorado last year had bought a gun from a dealer, and my understanding was that if his prior infractions had been reported to the database properly, he'd have not been able to purchase it. But he did because someone didn't fulfill their duties.

Systems with the best of intentions can still get gummed up by the human factor.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
No where does it say you lose your right to self defense for life in the constitution.
The forefathers never intended for there to be different classes of people when it comes to guns and bombs and cannon.......none were illegal then.
We are all supposed to be armed the same in America to prevent any one group from subjugating any other group.
Turns out the state guards do have f15 fighters and tanks as well as the feds.
👍🏾

Old Piney

Sadly any law can be abused and twisted to apply we're it was not intended. The Second Amendment does grant us the right to keep and bare armes , providing self-protection .It was also intended as a check against the tyranny of a rogue government .It was never intended for the Feds to this much power

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Sadly any law can be abused and twisted to apply we're it was not intended. The Second Amendment does grant us the right to keep and bare armes , providing self-protection .It was also intended as a check against the tyranny of a rogue government .It was never intended for the Feds to this much power
Its sole purpose is to keep government in check.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
No where does it say you lose your right to self defense for life in the constitution.
lots of stuff not in the Constitution that is still law. they didn't cover every situation when writing it out.
if you behave recklessly/pose danger/ cause injury to other citizens, there are unfortunate after-effects coming...

Latest posts

Latest posts