What's new

Propane Hash Oil

foaf

Veteran
I fear no alkane

And I do this all for myself, so I don't have to overcome anything. If people can get something out of what I try, good for them, if they have valid concerns, I want to hear them, and if they are chemical hating unbathed vegans, they shouldn't be in this thread. :)

IMO

I fear no alkane

And I do this all for myself, so I don't have to overcome anything. If people can get something out of what I try, good for them, if they have valid concerns, I want to hear them, and if they are chemical hating unbathed vegans, they shouldn't be in this thread. :)

hope chemical loving, regularly bathed vegans are still invited... ;]

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And as long as they don't eat too many of the wrong veggies and fart a lot in closed quarters, while we are doing product smell and taste tasting!

IMO

And as long as they don't eat too many of the wrong veggies and fart a lot in closed quarters, while we are doing product smell and taste tasting!

never fear! always eat my fruit first, no meat to gum up my small intestine either... just smooth sailing for me ;]

edit: funny how this convo just went full circle, back on topic of stinking gases.

foaf

Veteran
My initial hope for propane was to clean up cheap propane. That failed but the oil that it made was quite a bit clearer than my similar oil made with butane. We ate up the mercaptan tainted oil in edible capsules so no oil was wasted in the pursuit of this experiment. In fact I'm just now finishing them. It was pretty and the smell was almost undetectable once it had purged a long while, almost.

So I've been playing around with clean propane, and I like it. I run about 15 ounces by weight through a 1" x 10" modified stainless tube, into a teflon bag. I let the liquid boil off till it is low volume and then pour it into a casserole dish and then vacuum that.

The oil is clear and retains enough flavor to be flavorful and is potent. I don't have any other method to test it, and I haven't winterized propane oil yet to see what that looks like, but that's next I guess. Propane oil purges more easily, turns to "shatter" quickly, and looks more like winterized oil right off.

The Red Tek refrigerant grade propane is expensive, but its available easy enough online.

I can also put a can tapper directly onto my modified tube to do butane. I used silver solder to mate the brass and stainless.

markjs

Forgive me the laziness of not wanting to read this whole throad, but why can't you just use 190 to solve the oil, then purge it and the merctans, seems llike easy peasy why did it ever get such a long MAXIMUM verbosity thread? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I strong suspect I am not?

markjs

Forgive me the laziness of not wanting to read this whole throad, but why can't you just use 190 to solve the oil, then purge it and the merctans, seems llike easy peasy why did it ever get such a long MAXIMUM verbosity thread? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I strong suspect I am not?

Seems to me, doing such would have saved what you called "fail oil". Mostly "fail" happens when one quits before the job is complete, in my experience.

markjs

Eww and to think your solution was to EAT it, my gawd, it makes me all the angrier at every thread I have to hear every paranoid fear about OMGH< the stuff that is in that is POINSON, I would never smoke the stuff you make dude, cuz I is smarter than yoou. These discussions are rife with vague notions, and fears and very low on actual scientific method. Every time I see a stoner tell me I only dab C02 oil, I wanna laugh at him, as he fires up his flower glass with the trusty bic. My gawd, if he did some of my BHO< eventually that butane might KILL HIM, but the Bic, well Chinese demigods made that, it's surely safe.... And on and on, ad nauseum... /rant.

markjs

Generally speaking that is, this thread is not that, but just sayin, like the thread, but that kinda thing, oi vey!

markjs

I just wanna know, what ya did, EXACTLY as possible, and how it came out, exactly as possible. IDGAF you are a weeny boy scared of industrial solvents we are expposed to in much great yet still deemed "safe" levels in other areas of life, often on a daily basis. It makes me wonder why anyone ever comes here, having to sift though all the "OMG" and "I heard that...", or asking a question and "experts" chiming in with it.

To me this is about method and tecnique, refiniment and consistency, thus the scientific method. Do I follow it like a scientist? No, would I if I could? Mostly likely, rather than waste time discussing minutia with fear driven fools.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I infer you are referring to R290 aka n-Propane.

The mercaptans aka thiols, are not easily removed.

Latest posts

Latest posts