What's new

Prop 19 Post-Mortem: Crunching the Numbers and Pointing the Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it was legal to smoke cannabis recreationally (for fun) how would it criminalize users more than they already are (while its currently ILLEGAL)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would not say most people voted no it lost by 500k. That's a huge amount of yes voters as well

53% voted no. the majority voted no

more voting no than yes happned when it looked like it might finally become legal, onwards and upwards to the next one then

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats still a 50/50 split in my book if the 18-21 voters would not have bugged out we might be siging a diff tune. that age restriction is going to be hard to beat we will see what happens

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I'm not bummed at all, I'm glad Cooley lost and Kamala and Ol Two-some Newsom won!!
Canna friendly and not anti-MMJ

Cooley is ahead by 17k votes and that number is continually rising as mail-in votes are counted. Definatly a sad day for mj and mmj users alike.... Cooley is foaming at the mouth to put us all on the chopping block.

pimpjuice

weeds

weeds

This leads me to another theory. The Television show "Weeds" on Showtime. I have watched that show "DEFILE" the Cannabis movement. I have been in the Cannabis industry all my life (decades) and have NEVER seen or come across the situations I see unfold in that show.. Human trafficking, Cocaine dealing, Gun running, Killing of Federal Agents, outright Murder, Whoring ones self for a "cannabis dealing" advantage, acquiring false legal documentation, etc.. The list could go on and on... When people watch that show, they get a real Negative outlook on the "Cannabis industry"..

You've got to be kidding yourself...

I've been in the "industry" since the mid-90's and have seen a lot stuff like that going on. When BC bud was in full swing, there were a lot more substances involved with my canadian friends smuggling ring than just weed & money. Cocaine back to canada and loads of mdma getting sent down to the states and even smuggled into other countries by sea.

I've totally seen false legal documentation sold, right in the middle of a weed deal. Definitely seen guns traded to mexican nationals.

Definitely see women whore themselves out for lifestyle advantages, whether or not for a dealing advantage. Plenty of grow hoes in norcal.

lets not even get started on murder...

One of the problems with 19 is that if you have more than 1 OUNCE you are committing a felony. That's hardly legalization. Not sure about you guys but if I only got 1 OUNCE off of a plant I would be heartbroken. So as soon as you harvest...... Watch out here comes LEO!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the problems with 19 is that if you have more than 1 OUNCE you are committing a felony. That's hardly legalization. Not sure about you guys but if I only got 1 OUNCE off of a plant I would be heartbroken. So as soon as you harvest...... Watch out here comes LEO!

The one ounce limit in 19 was "walk around" weight. You could have an unlimited amount at home. Interesting that people on here still don't know what 19 provided for.

The one ounce limit in 19 was "walk around" weight. You could have an unlimited amount at home. Interesting that people on here still don't know what 19 provided for.
Guess again bro. Thats's 28.5 grams for personal consumption in your private residence or permitted public buildings. Commercial growers can get approved for larger quantities.

Just read the legalities again as to not look like a misinformed butthole.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Guess again bro. Thats's 28.5 grams for personal consumption in your private residence or permitted public buildings. Commercial growers can get approved for larger quantities.

this is no longer about what was in prop 19 good or bad, but you will find you are misinformed. you cold have had as much as you produced in the 5 by 5 space at that spot, you could have carried up to 1 ounce on your person.

fatigues

Veteran

"Just read the legalities"? Perhaps that's some advice that you ought to take yourself, hmm?

In the future, I'd suggest that you keep your words soft and sweet in case you are forced to eat them.

Section 11300: Personal Regulation and Controls

11300 (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:

(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.

(iii) Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

Section 11304: Effect of Act and Definitions

(iv) In determining whether an amount of cannabis is or is not in excess of the amounts permitted by this Act, the following shall apply:

(b) living and harvested cannabis plants shall be assessed by square footage, not by weight in determining the amounts set forth in section 11300(a);

But hey - you voted "no" right? Because you knew what was in Prop 19, right?

You could buy and keep an ounce in your home under Prop 19; if you grew it, you could harvest it and and keep more than that amount under Prop 19. What was to be counted was the square footage of the grow, not the weight of the harvest.

*shakes head*.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one definition of futility is arguing about the fine details of something that went down in flames as though the argument itself could revive what you were arguing about.

fatigues

Veteran
one definition of futility is arguing about the fine details of something that went down in flames as though the argument itself could revive what you were arguing about.

If that's what I was doing, you'd be right; however, I think my point in the thread prior to the above was pretty clear.

In the above post, I was, instead, slapping somebody down for incorrectly calling another poster, rives, a "misinformed butthole".

You don't get a freebie to go after people ignorantly and not be called on it.

"Just read the legalities"? Perhaps that's some advice that you ought to take yourself, hmm?

In the future, I'd suggest that you keep your words soft and sweet in case you are forced to eat them.

Section 11300: Personal Regulation and Controls

11300 (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:

(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.

(iii) Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

Section 11304: Effect of Act and Definitions

(iv) In determining whether an amount of cannabis is or is not in excess of the amounts permitted by this Act, the following shall apply:

(b) living and harvested cannabis plants shall be assessed by square footage, not by weight in determining the amounts set forth in section 11300(a);

But hey - you voted "no" right? Because you knew what was in Prop 19, right?

You could buy and keep an ounce in your home under Prop 19; if you grew it, you could harvest it and and keep more than that amount under Prop 19. What was to be counted was the square footage of the grow, not the weight of the harvest.

*shakes head*.

Section 11304:(b)
This means you better not have more than one harvest on hand at any one time. You better not have more than the average 5x5 garden is producing at any one time.
I harvest a ridiculously large amount for the squre footage I use.
Two harvests equal 50 square feet worth of pot. (ya right)
And it has to be stored in the same 25sf area that it was grown, dried, and cured in.
GO TO COURT AND ARGUE YOUR PERSONAL CONSUMPTION THE SAME WAY MEDICAL USERS DO NOW!!!

Section 11300(iii)
So it is unlawful to put your weed in a safe place other than the grow room it was grown in?
And it has to be in the same 25sf area that it was grown, dried and cured in?

YA I VOTED NO.

_Dude

With legalization comes more regulation, more observation, more scrutinization and ultimately less capitalization.
Regulation, observation, and scrutinization sound like three words for the same thing. But that isn't the problem. The problem is, corporations...capital...the suits. Three words for the same thing, haha.

When Monsanto steps in, bye-bye license to print money.

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
after chanting I was discussing Prop 19 with a few friends some for it and some against....:joint: I was thinking we as a group who support Prop 19 can say the the rescheduling might be the "Strong Arm" argument that might help a few more No voters to yes next time around....:joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.