What's new

Proof Feds Use Satellite Surveillance for NorCal grows

Norkali

Somebody tell me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it just been speculation that the feds/LEO use satellites for monitoring grows? Well here's proof that the DEA can/does/will use it....
picture.php

Link to affidavit....:frown:

And to think...the whole house-of-cards dismantled because somebody else was under surveillance at the club he ended up vending to...
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6G7DtPv_3MHOFFOc1pvbFlPYWs/edit

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Does the phrase, "satellite surveillance photographs", indicate that the images were taken especially for surveillance purposes for this specific investigation? Does it mean that these were federally owned and operated satellites? If so that's a whole new level of integration.

You can order satellite images from private companies. Would using Google Earth qualify as a "satellite surveillance photograph"? I have viewed some Google Earth images recently posted and taken in 2011, that are detailed enough to pick out individual people. If you grow outdoors you should definitely google your site.

The Google Earth image I am viewing now of a location in the USA is credited to the USDA Farm Services Agency. I think they are actively imaging areas to monitor compliance with agricultural regulations. Satellites are routinely documenting what is on the ground. Instead of calling for a satellite to photograph a specific location for an investigation, it is probably more likely that investigators can request the most recent images for that area.

You can see a buddy of mines grow from google earth. Its in a rural place and I think they take less detailed images but it is blatantly obvious. He even showed me it on his android last time I visited and laughed about it.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 words Google Earth.....I saw my plants in my backyard last summer.....yawn not a big deal

Growcephus

Veteran
it is probably more likely that investigators can request the most recent images for that area.

Yup.

There's going to be quite a few "excess" drones out of work here soon enough when the plug finally gets pulled on A-stan as well.

in that document, it said the grower had 400+ plants but they didn't have charges filed against him in that document.. Also, if you have ever seen 24, of course they use satellites :)

dddaver

Veteran
Yup.

There's going to be quite a few "excess" drones out of work here soon enough when the plug finally gets pulled on A-stan as well.

Whoa, buncha overly expensive offensive weapons looking for a new enemy to harrass. Ain't that a happy thought?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i posted on here in a different life a while back abotu thsi

president bush before he left office extended all military satellite resources (as well as others) to local LEO in all states including instruction for use

the same type of satellites that can id targets from space

it was in the news (albeit only a few news resources reported it)

im sure its on the interwebs as well as still in a post somewhere i made here in the past under another name (news sources included)

scary shit good luck

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
president bush before he left office extended all military satellite resources (as well as others) to local LEO in all states including instruction for use

the same type of satellites that can id targets from space

In that case they can count the number of leaflets on your fan leafs.

harold

i think guerilla growers are used as an excuse to bring all this orwellian nightmare surveillance into fruition... its kinda scary how fast its unfolded, were seeing this shit in the uk now.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
One of the buildings I worked at back in the mid 80's had some military sat photos that were taken sent to us(and no I will not divulge where or what type of building it was). In the photo you could clearly see the faces of some of my co workers(2 that were looking up at something else at the time, and 4 more that were with them. I can only imagine just how clear of an image they can detect now 27 years later.

They can also get live feeds from satellites; I was having lots of problems at my outdoor grow sites with leo turning up all the time with dogs.
The only way they could have known I was there was the area was being monitored by satellite.
And I do know for a fact that the national parks people have satellite coverage of that area; once I had about 200 seedlings all together in a spot in the forest, waiting to be planted out. Once when I was going to water them I came across a white stake in the ground about 15 metres or so away from the seedlings, so I pulled it up.
I also found some more nearby.
Then the next time I went to water the seedlings about 30 metres from the seedlings I came across three people, they were putting coloured panels down next to certain plants for several seconds and then moving them to another spot.
They said they were from the university and were doing a study on plant regeneration after fires.
So obviously the colour coded panels were so the satellite could record that area and keep track of its progress by satellite.
Surprised they didn't see the seedlings as they were only about thirty metres away, as the plants they were putting the panels next to were only about six inches high in some cases, so obviously it had good resolution.
Needless to say the seedlings got moved that night!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Seems a live feed would be pretty difficult. Satellites are zooming across the sky. There is only a small window of opportunity to capture an image of what is directly underneath. As far as finding some small seedlings, that is recognizing a needle in a very big haystack. The trails and patterns of soil disturbance a grower leaves behind are very visible though.

Seems a live feed would be pretty difficult. Satellites are zooming across the sky. There is only a small window of opportunity to capture an image of what is directly underneath. As far as finding some small seedlings, that is recognizing a needle in a very big haystack. The trails and patterns of soil disturbance a grower leaves behind are very visible though.

There were 200 of them, in beer cups. They were in those plastic bread trays that they use to deliver bread to McDonalds or supermarkets. Each tray holds 50 beer cups.
So imagine 4 of those trays together in a square, it makes about a 6 foot long mass of bright green.
Not to mention the fence around them.

Latest posts

Latest posts