What's new

Prolonging the life of your tent

Mars_Barz

I just got a tent, and I'd like for it to last as long as possible. I'm new to this game, so please pardon my ignorance.

From my research about growing cannabis, it's said that after a grow you're supposed to clean your tent. I don't know what this entails specifically, but I'd imagine a cloth and chemicals. I've seen some tents that look awfully scuffed and worn out. Could this be addressed by wrapping some cheap reflective mylar film around the poles inside the tent, and then just discarding the mylar after the grow?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got a tent, and I'd like for it to last as long as possible. I'm new to this game, so please pardon my ignorance.

From my research about growing cannabis, it's said that after a grow you're supposed to clean your tent. I don't know what this entails specifically, but I'd imagine a cloth and chemicals. I've seen some tents that look awfully scuffed and worn out. Could this be addressed by wrapping some cheap reflective mylar film around the poles inside the tent, and then just discarding the mylar after the grow?
Hi Mars Barz clean it with warm soapy water and for the price of a tent these days get a few grows out of it then buy another save you all the work imho each to there own and good luck. :good:

Mars_Barz

Hi Mars Barz clean it with warm soapy water and for the price of a tent these days get a few grows out of it then buy another save you all the work imho each to there own and good luck. :good:
Thanks for replying.

I never grow in a tent before, I'd assume the reason you need to clean the tent is due to the resin accumulation during veg/flower.

Does warm soapy water get rid of whatever grime is left after your grow?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for replying.

I never grow in a tent before, I'd assume the reason you need to clean the tent is due to the resin accumulation during veg/flower.

Does warm soapy water get rid of whatever grime is left after your grow?
Warm soapy water cleans Most things and prevents a lot of other nastys building its all about cleanliness keep it clean and you will have less problems, i grew in tents before and it was great but now have a room so a little less headache and if the resin accumulation builds for to much to clean as previously stated buy a new tent after a few runs they are cheap enough these days either way good luck its all about trial and error we are always learning :tiphat:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My secret garden 2 chamber 1,20x1,60 tent has a broken zipper. I think it's a bad design thing cause the zipper has to go over a very tight edge every time you open the side chamber. If I would buy another tent I would make sure there are no edges to being passed for everyday opening/closing. The zipper mechanism also wears out over time making it function less reliable.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Little bits of stray plant material and bits of the medium escaping are my main reason for cleaning out after every crop… especially growing with soil.
If I remember correctly in one cubic inch of soil there can be up to 13 million different species of bacteria 😱 and millions of each species… so even a little dirt in what is basically a tent sized incubator can be bad.
My tent is a bit battered but is still working well

Latest posts

Latest posts