What's new

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

B

bonecarver_OG

:D update for today :D

the revegging ssh/ptk x ssh/lp is starting to get going :D im positive it will start rvegging properly very soon.

in the veg area i have a really big snowdawg i have been veggin since before summer. it is not in a 25 liter pot and im suspecting that i will have to transplant it to a 40 liter pot before flowering it, since its going to take several months before there will be enough space for it..

the blockberrry clones that didnt want to start vegging during all of summer finally have got going properly.

one of the almost dead amnesia haze from this summers heat has revived completelly. but i lost 5 other of her to the heat. its a nice pheno but sadly it cant handle the extreme summer heat.. this one last plant i will veg HUGE and flower much later this winter. this clone is also 6 months old or so. it has been heavilly trimmed to revive the top area, so this is not as big as it could be. still i think it will have time to veg a lot more too. its still in a 6 liter pot and soon enough i will transplant it to a 12 liter one.

the last beenienmans i left in the veg area looks like it actually is going to revive too. im expecting its rootsystem to recuperate now slowlly...

all males have done theirs, and as soon as the ssh/ptk x ssh/lp male i used for making seeds have finished flowering and i collected and stored the pollen, i will shut that area down. i wont need it for a few weeks.

in the flowering area the jamaicans are starting to show sex.. for the moment i got one female and one male confirmed. i wont take the males out yet though, i want them to get going properly with HPS light untill i move them over to the male area..

the current crosses that we are growing out now, i think they all look quite interesting. all are packing on in size, and some are looking bigger by the day. in a few weeks time i will start posting pics of the nicest ones. for the moment the jaggen x ssh/ptkxptk looks faster to get going than the amnesia haze with same dad.

tomorow ill make some more in depth coments..

peace

I have tried to use DE to control Gnats. I didn't do a damn bit of good!

Our swimming pool filter media is DE so I usually have a big bag around. When I was growing with a peat based mix, I got gnats. Covered the whole media surface with DE. I think the Gnats thought it was nice and clean like a beach LOL.

The only way I controlled them was to keep the surface of the media very dry for a week. That broke the cycle.

Now, I'm just starting with coco and I'm worried that I'll see those little bass-turds again.

My experience with DE is that it doesn't work at all unless IT is completely dry. So what do you think about keeping the nice layer of DE on the surface of the pot dry and bottom watering the coco from trays?

I fucking hate gnats.

Last edited:
G

grow nerd

I haven't found DE to be useful in coco. In fact, counter-productive.

I've had only limited success / mixed results with mosquito dunks (BTi); tried whole donuts in reservoirs, crushed / powdered donuts mixed with water and top-drench, as well as crushed donuts sprinkled in medium.

Since then I've discovered Gnatrol (same BTi active ingredient as mosquito dunks), and fungus gnats are a thing of the past. Much easier to use and highly effective.

S

sinappi

I'm fighting with these little bastards too.. Think I have to start building some covers for me pots... Fn bastards love my little ones! But who wouldn't!!:D

B

bonecarver_OG

coco shouldnt be bottom watered - since this way the coco wont get flushed properly. if you have access to incredibly clean water it might be worth a try, but in most cases i think it might give bad results.

:D

B

bonecarver_OG

gnatroll i havent seen over here :D yo Willy - check if u can order that from abroad. it seems to be a good product from waht i have heard :D

B

bonecarver_OG

congrats to my mates in BC canada - who had an extreme outdoor harvest, i know they worked hard and it payed off. 10 kilos of guerilla nugs! best wishes to you guys and hope that trimming goes as quick as possible!!

peace

B

bonecarver_OG

congrats to my mates in BC canada - who had an extreme outdoor harvest, i know they worked hard and it payed off. 100 kilos of fresh guerilla nugs! best wishes to you guys and hope that trimming goes as quick as possible!! let me know what the dry weigth was!

peace

G

grow nerd

Congrats to your friends with the 100 kilo harvest. :yes: Takes lots of energy, focus, and motivation / determination to produce numbers like that! :respect:

B

bonecarver_OG

:D thats wet weigth :D should be around 10K dry o so :D but the wet weigth is what they carried home in their backpacks :D and thats a feat :D

peace

In your strains, what is the PTK? We happened across some clones that were supposedly SSH/Kush. Guy did not know what kush it was. Any ideas?

B

bonecarver_OG

PTK - pine tar kush

ssh/kush - dont know man at all. i have little idea about the local crosses that are around over there :D

gnatroll i havent seen over here :D yo Willy - check if u can order that from abroad. it seems to be a good product from waht i have heard :D
Yep, Ok.
The States won't ship it even to Canada. Uk and Europe don't have it. If Canada has it (I'm waiting for a response from the company, Valent) I'll have some shipped to my family, then on to me here.

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

massive rains again today :D im filling up the tanks of rainwater :D

JAH's gifts to all growes :D free low EC water..

i hope it keeps on like this! wont have to buy distilled water for months :D

blessings

pebble

Veteran
Awesome pics :yoinks: as always Bone
All Stars 1

picture.php

picture.php

I taste other grower AS 1, really potent, PTK influence.. love it, will tell more when tasted better

All Stars 2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smell sweet chunky, very narcotic (had to cut it little before cause mildew star on her)
When bud ropes, smells some fine sweet citricus
Smokes smell is present the 3 but more X18/DC (but need to know more about the lines, to be more sure) the high is very narcotic
Great work! :yes:
Peace