What's new

Producing female seeds

BLOTTO

Hola guys,

I would like to produce some female seeds for personal stash and i need your help to do it.

Let's begin with my situation...
I'm growing outdoors in the north of Germany at about 50° and as it seems i will only have the possibility to grow outside for the next decade. I've grown out some Grapefruits last summer and was extremely surprised by their vigor and quality of the end product. You can almost say I fell in love with it. This year I've put out my last beans and would really like to make some beans for my personal stash so I can grow some of my favourite weed next year as these guys don't ship to Germany.

And go over to my plan...
My plan is to take some cuttings of each of my little Grapefruits which are about 30-40 cm high to stress them so that the cuttings produce balls to give me 10 or 20 seeds for next year as I'm not able to grow more then ten plants in a summer and to keep my bigger plants absolutly seed free. My problem is that I don't know what i should do to make my cuts produce balls to make some female seeds that are worth to grow it.
(If this works they may even better acclimatize to my spot and will even give a better performance next year.)

To end with my questions...
What do you/What can i do to produce some male balls on a cut to get some quality female seeds and will I have problems because of taking the cuts so late as flowernig will begin in the mid of july?

Any tips, comments and other kinds of posts are welcome.

best regards