What's new

Problems with G&B Soil Mix - will Rain Water fix it ?

St. Phatty

I have used G&B as sort of a "Baseline" soil mix, the way people use Foxfarm Ocean Forest.

But obviously the plants are not happy about something.

The one on the far left is yielding some decent medicine.

They are under a mix of 2 different screw in LED's, 3700 K and 5200 K or something like that.

So I just gave them a whole bunch of rainwater, instead of well water.

If using rainwater to water the G&B for a few days doesn't work, I will buy some Ocean Forest.

For ventilation they have a big oscillating fan, and sometimes room ventilation, with an exhaust fan.

The temperature is lower when I run the ventilation, because it's cold outside.

Attachments

• IMG_20191011_004705_2=.jpg
    IMG_20191011_004705_2=.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 41

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Rainwater will work for a while. You may need to mix the two waters together for a perfect match. If you have hard water from the tap you can reduce the hardness with rain water mix. Try 50/50 of both water and see if that doesn't give you a perfect water mix.

If you have a lot of excess drainage or run-off you can wash all the good stuff out of the soil. If you water without runoff your nutrients will last longer.

Make sure your buckets have holes and drainage.

St. Phatty

Time to get a good mixer.

Got plenty of creek sand, and a big screen in a wood frame with 1/4 inch holes, to screen the creek sand.

Weight is not an issue, everything is ground floor.

KIS

Do you have a water test? Rain water tends to be more acidic but low in alkalinity. Really want to start with a soil and water test to see if the water is even an issue.