What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problem with Spidermites

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
like gmt said they're hard to get rid of, partly because of their short life cycle. if you use something weak they will build a resistance in the very next generation, and so on and so forth. in a month you will have made them immune to whatever you're using. prevention is the best medicine.

Mites like the hot and the dry, hate the cold and the wet. high humidity, and cool temps you'll never see a single one. everyone has their methods, hot shot pest strips are poisonous with prolonged exposure. everyone knows that, all poison is dangerous. no duh. but you asked for help, this will kill them and it only takes 7 days which is why i suggested it. do what you feel. but if i were you i would research more and not just take random suggestions without knowing the how or why.

Here you go.

Photosyntesis's Neem and essential oil recipe for mites:

Per gallon of WARM water,
1oz. of neem oil (Ahimsa is the best)
1oz. of Dr. Bronner's baby soap (only use up to week 2 of flower)
a pinch of agsil 16 (approximately a 1/4 teaspoon)
2 Ml of Lavender essential oil
2 Ml of Rosemary essential oil
1 Ml of Thyme essential oil
1 Ml of Eucalyptus essential oil

Use this once per week until two weeks before harvest, and you will be mite free. This has developed since I landed in Denver, and the mites here drink up most organic remedies.

Only use Dr Bronner's up to the second week of flower as it can degrade trichomes. Make sure to always use warm water. If your neem is to thick to pour run your bottle under hot water first.

Also shake the hell out of your sprayer as you are spraying. Do 3 applications 3-4 days apart, and they will be gone. Then do it once per week until 2 weeks before harvest. It's the only organic remedy I could come up with that handled the dreaded "Denver Super Mites." :)

fabvariousk

Veteran
Stop helping Stihngravioli!

No pest stips?! Are you kidding me!
so in your head if something is dangerous only use it for seven days?
Jesus!
Here is the list of all chemicals tested safe to spray on plants and smoke.
-
Should i post that list again?
-

Ladybugs are pretty much it once flowering has begun.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you're a dumbass. lots of things can cause cancer from overexposure including the fucking sun. pyrethrin is poison to humans and insects alike yet people spray it on their plants all the time, i bet you got some yourself in some spray that you use because it says organic on the side. doesn't mean don't use it. just means know the dangers. hot shots work, but don't fucking eat it, make tea out of it or fucking leave it hanging in your closed space aka room forever.

your list sucks. you forgot h2o, and some other things that are ok to spray on and smoke. as far as the safety of inhaling smoke is concerned.

chefbudz

in flowering i spray the underside of leaves and hole plant with regular folier nutes it knocks most of them off do it every few days to keep numbers in check or smoke chems and DIE

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
If you just READ on here about your enemy you'll be much better off. There are thousands of posts in hundreds of threads about the Borg. At least a hundred different ways to battle the Borg and a lot depends on YOU and YOUR situation. Educate yourself, if you don't then the Borg will win. The Borg loves when the uneducated try to battle him. The uneducated have helped the Borg to become SuperBorg and resistant to all chemicals used to fight him. Develop a preventive program and use natural safe methods. Waving your white flag in bloom and thinking about going nuclear with unsafe chemicals is just what SuperBorg wants you to do. Sumbitch Borg:biggrin:

If you do exactly as my recipe says then the so called "borg" will be gone. It works, and it's organic. No reason to get in pissing matches with people on a forum. :)