What's new

Problem with my dark period in flowering..

Meristemgrow0

Hi, I have a temperature peak in the box during the dark period. I turn off my light at 7:00 pm and I have a temperature peak at 7:23 pm (24.7c to 25.4c for 1mn) and a drop (24.7c until morning) . With an app, I can track the temperature and humidity in my grow tent.
My first thought was that my light timer was faulty .... I tried removing it and turning off the light manually. Nothing changed. I always get this temperature spike during the dark period.
Always at the same time (about 23 minutes after I turn off the light). This may sound ridiculous, but do you think my light is slightly on ? I have a SolarSystem 275.

I thought to put a camera to really see what's going on while this fucking dark period.

I've never changed my installation except for the LED light. I had an HPS before and never had a problem like that. What do you think?

Week 2 in flowering i hope it won't herm or something. I have this problem since 13 October. (But not 15 & 16 October, wondering why lol.)

Thanks for your help.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi, I have a temperature peak in the box during the dark period. I turn off my light at 7:00 pm and I have a temperature peak at 7:23 pm (24.7c to 25.4c for 1mn) and a drop (24.7c until morning) . With an app, I can track the temperature and humidity in my grow tent.
My first thought was that my light timer was faulty .... I tried removing it and turning off the light manually. Nothing changed. I always get this temperature spike during the dark period.
Always at the same time (about 23 minutes after I turn off the light). This may sound ridiculous, but do you think my light is slightly on ? I have a SolarSystem 275.

I thought to put a camera to really see what's going on while this fucking dark period.

I've never changed my installation except for the LED light. I had an HPS before and never had a problem like that. What do you think?

Week 2 in flowering i hope it won't herm or something. I have this problem since 13 October. (But not 15 & 16 October, wondering why lol.)

Thanks for your help.
Change your turn-off time to the cool-less time of the day or night. I would run my light at night to minimize the temperatures.

Meristemgrow0

Change your turn-off time to the cool-less time of the day or night. I would run my light at night to minimize the temperatures.

I mean that during my dark period for about 1 mn (or less who know ? ) my light turn on by herself it's what cause temperature spike while the night. I said that my HPS was fine but i checked in my application and it did the same thing so it's not LED related. Now I understand why my last crop never flowered. (I was in week 6 and it looks like week 2 lol.)

HPS while dark period temp peak : 28.8c for 1 mn and drop at 24c until morning.

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
The plant itself may be causing the slight rise in temperature as it initiates dark period respiration. They do exhibit a heat signature.