What's new

Problem with light mottled leaves

Gioppa

Good morning,
I was wondering if by chance if anyone could recognize the problem my plant is undergoing. I suspect it may be the pH as I have changed the water from bottle to tap these days, to be sure I ask and hope to find a way to fix that.

I am attaching the images and I hope for an answer as soon as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20220509_090715.jpg
    IMG_20220509_090715.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220509_090719.jpg
    IMG_20220509_090719.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 69

blondie

You have spider mites.. if you enlarge the pictures posted above, you can see what looks to me like webbing. You can also see a black spot. Maybe a mite.

Three Berries

How to Make Insecticidal Soap There are several ways to make insecticidal soap. The choice depends on the ingredients on hand and the extent to which one wants to use natural ingredients, i.e. those without perfumes or dyes. To make insecticidal soap, simply mix the following horticultural soap recipe ingredients thoroughly: Combine one cup (240 mL.) of oil, any variety, such as vegetable, peanut, corn, soybean, etc. with one tablespoon (15 mL.) of dishwashing liquid or other “pure” soap. Be sure to avoid any dishwashing liquids which contain degreaser, bleach, or those that are for an automatic dishwasher. Mix two teaspoons (10 mL.) of this “soap” mixture to every cup (240 mL.) of warm water and put into a spray bottle. Mix only what is needed for a one-day application.

Read more at Gardening Know How: What Is Horticultural Soap: Information On Commercial and Homemade Soap Spray For Plants https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/homemade-soap-spray.htm

I use Ivory liquid dish soap.