What's new

problem with head formula?, phosphorus def? please help..

Z

Ziggaro

Stoned40... I know I know...

Dude I did notice some nitrogen toxicity in the former of leaf curling down....

I skipper watering today to let everything dry up a bit to please ass lover, but tonarrow I am going to mix up some strait RO water head formula. I think it usually ends up at about 1.1 ec :)

I wish I could use those Blumates so they can just take water as they need it..., I'm still working on it...

Letting your coco dry out is a big nono! You are hurting your plants even more because as your plant dries out your nutrient concentrations are spiking. Nutrients will fall out of solution and combine in ways that will make them unavailable.
Keep that coco moist!

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Well I only have time to water once a day, and that guy is saying it is to wet
so wtf...

Your fine. Once a day is good. You would need a much larger plant to worry about it getting too dry in 24 hrs. Your roots look great with good mass so also forgot this over watering shit they are throwing at ya:biggrin:

Miraculous Meds

too wet/ too dry. too much nutes/ not enough. lol which way is it?

1.2ec or on ur 700 scale meter 840 ppm is all that's required for healthy plants using heads formula. adding extra ca or mg or pk boost will throw off the ratio of elements that makes the head formula successful.

.8 to 1 ec fed consistently works really well too. if u want a pk boost for the last half of flower drop to 1 ec then add back .2 ec of pk. but with current problems I wouldn't be boosting anything.

Ur roots don't look great. they could be overwatered. check closely for root bugs, as they can slow down nute/water absorption, n keep the root system wet.

Whats ur high/ low temp n rh. vpd comes to mind in this situation too. when its hot n dry the evaporation causes salt build up n leaf burn like ur experiencing.

Those r a couple of the top things id be investigating. Its certainly 100% not ur nutrients or a lack there of if ur using 6/9.

Unclecrash

when its hot n dry the evaporation causes salt build up n leaf burn like ur experiencing.

But wouldn't we see it in the run off as high ec ?

Miraculous Meds

when its hot n dry the evaporation causes salt build up n leaf burn like ur experiencing.

But wouldn't we see it in the run off as high ec ?

u might not see it express in high run off ec due to enough runoff during the next watering. but that still doesn't stop the evaporation process where the nutes are being concentrated in the leaf.

what im getting at is that the leaf has less water, making the nutrient concentration higher, thus burning the leaf. this doesn't have anything to do with the medium building up salts, as long as his medium isn't drying out too much between waterings.

Ok... ass lover is saYing I'm not letting it dry out enough others are saying it's getting to dry...

Idk wtf my problem is.. I appreciate the input but it apears I'm on my own...

I will have to fine the answer with myself

POSSIBLE BREAK THROUGH! !!!!!

ASS LOVER MAY HAVE BEEN CORRECT.

I NOW FEEL THAT PERHAPS KEEPING THE COCO WET IS NOT SUCH A GOOD THING..

MOIST YES, AS IN DON'T LET IT GO THREW A FULL BLOWN DRY OUT, BUT I DO FEEL IT NEEDS a chance to dry out a little and let some oxygen flow threw, depending in how aerated the coco is, I'm using it straight out of the bag no perlite no anything, so it does get pretty dense.

Anyways I have been monitoring the weight of my pots more closely, and it seems they don't lose much weight in the first 24 hours. Depending on how dry it is in the days,

I think it's possible. Let me know if this sounds stupid but I think the plants have a higher demand for oxygen when they go into bloom and perhaps the level of oxygen in the pots were fine for my plants while they were in veg. Because I was watering everday while they were in veg and when I put them in bloom nothing changed same feed same amount of water. But I do see that the pots stay pretty wet, and I thought that was a good thing . So while in veg I kept them wet like I thought they should be witch probably does cut down on the amount of brating room they had, so maybe it was bareable in veg but in flower they want more oxygen to metabolis. And my plants are pretty green pretty erect pretty healthy it is just some of the lower fan leaves slowly fall off so it is not a major happening, but perhaps a mild shortNess of breath. Witch does after awhile start to look pretty bad ass there roots din off and it progresses,

Anyways I'm going to keep monitoring the weight and let the pots dry out a bit more then usual. And I'll post back.
In a week or so.
the plants do continue to produce quite nicely though, so I'm not sure if it is a crippling lock out. Or they just can't breath as well as they would like to, they have enough to grow on and finish but not enough to be super healthy

The condition has not gotten much, it seems,.

I'm starting to think coco can definitely be over waterd,
I understand it is hard to over water and it can maintain a good amount of air when wet, but for some reason when my plants hit flower the want to dry out a little and get some extra 02 in there,
I am using 3 gallon pots and some 9inch square pots with are probablyabout 2 gallons witch are a little large to be watering everday

Z

Ziggaro

Lol you still don't understand osmosis. The more nutrients in your solution the less water the plants can take. The more you keep over feeding heavier your pots will stay. Then you will think you are overwatering Which is not actually the case.

radom

High temps and respiration makes Your plant drink too much water. Anything can happen under this conditions.
The plant gets stressed because while it tries to deal with heat, its also drinking huge (and possibly unneccessary) amout of nutes.

And thats exactly why I hate indoor growing in summers without an AC. :mad:

Latest posts

Latest posts