What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

President Trump Considering Legalization Advocate For Head Of FDA!

cryptop

Unfortunately the FDA is not the DEA...

The DEA's agenda is completely different, driven by different politics and economics.

So unless a cannabis friendly person is made head of the DEA, it's still going to be illegal on the federal level. They want their jobs and funding and won't let go.

The USA has to be CONSTANTLY AT WAR, in case you haven't noticed.

It's good for certain businesses with lots of money and lobbyists (canna lobby doesn't have enough clout...yet).

The FDA and the DEA go hand in hand, though.

Remember when the naive optimists last summer (August I think) thought the DEA would reschedule cannabis? Well of course they didn't--because according to them, cannabis has "no medicinal value whatsoever".

So how did they come to that conclusion? They commissioned the FDA to do a study on the efficacy of medical cannabis, and the current prohibitionist FDA head said cannabis is useless.

Now--while obviously a better FDA head wouldn't instantly change the schedule of cannabis, it would remove any leg the DEA has left to stand on to justify prohibition. It's a slow process but this is permanent change, not just temporary like the Cole Memo.

rolandomota

Veteran
Trump should sign an executive order to legalize medical marijuana at the federal level he said hes 100 % for medical. That would get him re elected for sure

St. Phatty

Do you think Trump actually cares about anybody he fucks up, intentionally or not?

Trump is talking an awful lot about Law & Order,

supporting the Police (who ruin people's lives),

not questioning Asset Forfeiture (which ruins people's lives),

etc.

He is not looking like he has any Grateful Dead spirit in him.

I think pseudo-legalization will continue

but I don't expect Trump to tell the truth about America's drug history,

except accidentally.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Do you think Trump actually cares about anybody he fucks up, intentionally or not?

Not in the slightest. Winning is everything. Capricious litigation is sport. I figure he enjoys a really good fuckover in the way that only really rich assholes can.

I don't see it extending into our realm, however. He has plenty of other groups to fuckover first. That means us, too, just not wrt our favorite herb. Anything his Admin manages to get right will be because of blind luck.

oldchuck

Veteran
I don't see it extending into our realm, however. He has plenty of other groups to fuckover first. That means us, too, just not wrt our favorite herb. Anything his Admin manages to get right will be because of blind luck.

I think you missed out on this one, Jhhnn. He jsut signed three executive orders that reignite the drug war big time and has essentially given Sessions a blank check to go after anybody he doesn't like.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I think you missed out on this one, Jhhnn. He jsut signed three executive orders that reignite the drug war big time and has essentially given Sessions a blank check to go after anybody he doesn't like.

i have not seen nor read anything that he has done in regard to weed. what i have read was in reference to folks smuggling heroin & meth across Mexican border etc, and they are already doing everything they can RE that. if Sessions had the green light to go after weed, he would already be waist-deep in it. look at the ICE raids...

Jhhnn

Veteran

This stuff?

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/trump...executive-order-vows-ruthless-war-drugs-crime

He can't do anything that congress won't pay for. None of it takes the form of concrete proposals, either. Trump bullshitted his way into the Presidency & I figure that's his plan for the future- more bullshit.

oldchuck

Veteran
This stuff?

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/trump...executive-order-vows-ruthless-war-drugs-crime

He can't do anything that congress won't pay for. None of it takes the form of concrete proposals, either. Trump bullshitted his way into the Presidency & I figure that's his plan for the future- more bullshit.

Yeah, that's where I saw it. And yeah, more bull shit from the boss but that means he won't actually be governing but leaving it up to the nightmare cabinet. Sessions will do what he wants and that means the war on weed is back on.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Well with the polls shifting toward a more positive view on cannabis, especially medical, they better tread carefully. How many states now have medical laws? More than half. And how many states have passed recreational via voter referendum which usually requires a majority of votes cast.

These guys have bigger fish to fry. And Congress needs to come out of the dark ages regarding pot policy. It used to be a political hot potato to support anything that leaned toward any kind of relaxation of policy or legalization but tides have changed and soon it may be the reverse. One thing that could easily be done is unbiased scientific research. (Is that an oxymoron?).

armedoldhippy

Veteran
One thing that could easily be done is unbiased scientific research. (Is that an oxymoron?).

nope, not an oxymoron. it is how science is SUPPOSED to work. unfortunately, in this country the only way you get real weed to study is through the good graces of NIDA, the group that studies the HARM that drugs do. quite obviously, they have a govt mandate to find HARM, not BENEFIT. so if you are looking for benefits, you won't get your weed to study. if you want to read results of pure scientific research into weed, any other country on the planet can help you, Israel is the best, by the way...:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
once again, i am out of rep. i am reading good thoughts which deserve rep, but am prevented from giving it. sorry...:huggg: